Strange Flowers

tricome

Anyone seen this before?
There are a very few in the buds.

full

You might be expecting a few seeds in some of those buds...it looks like a male flower.

I'm sorry to tell you, but I am pretty sure you had a male flower pop. Thats why you can't find any pollen. Each male flower only produces a small amount of very fine pollen that acts almost like smoke once it is airborne. It's not a guarantee your plants will go to seed though and if they do only the pollenated buds will produce seed. Good luck.

Tricome got a male plant and its budding? i wanna know what is the difference between a male and female plant can you not smoke the male buds or? just curious (newbie)

what he has is called a hermaphrodite. It's a female plant that decided to grow a couple balls to self polinate. Sometimes nature does this as a last ditch effort to keep the species alive if it hasn't received any pollen. If this happens the seeds will be 100 % female because the seeds were produced from a plant that has 100% female genetics.

Sometimes a plant will become hermaphrodite due to a poor growing environment. When this happens the seeds will be 100% female with a stronger possiblity that the seeds themselves will grow up to be hermaphrodites as well.

NOTE: Male plants do not grow buds. Only females do.

Thank you for the help Stix and Chronic Don i was always confused about the male and female plants thats why when i saw his pic i was like wt heck a male plant with buds?? lol but now i know why he got a plant like that thank you guys

Back
Top Bottom