Strong winds running my crop

LosSerpent

We've been having really strong wind, 40km/h+ even in a protected place, the plants still get plenty of wind.

It really shakes them up, should I take the. Indoors whenever this happens? I'm scared it will hurt yield, they are a month into flower

Do the leaves on the windward side of the plants look like this?
wind-burn.jpg

Do the leaves on the windward side of the plants look like this?
wind-burn.jpg
No, leaves ain't the problem, some stems are weak, and thet get slapped around a lot, I'm scared they might snap, or slow growth down. I'm so fucking sad honestly, this month has had the worse weather I've seen in probably 8 years. Its trying to kill my first proper successful grow

I've got leaves like that on one plant that the fan is blowing on the other side the leaves are flat. Prolly trying to do something with transpiration. Other people will say some kind of nutrient this or that but I'm betting on transpiration.

No, leaves ain't the problem, some stems are weak, and thet get slapped around a lot, I'm scared they might snap, or slow growth down. I'm so fucking sad honestly, this month has had the worse weather I've seen in probably 8 years. Its trying to kill my first proper successful grow

If you can take them inside each night at sunset, and take them back outside each morning at dawn, that's always an option. Seems like a lot of effort - and kind of limits your daily life - though. On the other hand, broken branches suck and cannot always be repaired. Is there any way you can brace your plants? I suppose that even the large tomato cages are too small... Make something out of welded wire, maybe? Most hardware stores still sell it by the foot if you don't need an entire 100' roll, and it's available in several widths and grid sizes. The thing about wind is, well, it's always going to be a possibility. We occasionally get gusts up to 40 - 45 MPH (62.4 to 72.4 KPH). It's rare, but does happen.

Can you set up some kind of windbreak? Or does it not mostly come from one direction?

I've got leaves like that on one plant that the fan is blowing on the other side the leaves are flat. Prolly trying to do something with transpiration. Other people will say some kind of nutrient this or that but I'm betting on transpiration.

Not wanting to derail the thread on a tangent, but that's a great example of why it's important for people to include as much information as possible when asking for help in diagnosing/treating some kind of issue with their plants. Imagine being a newbie and posting a "Help, my plant's leaves are green but they are clawing bad!" thread, lol. You probably wouldn't get the help you needed right away. You might get it eventually.

Back
Top Bottom