Clones info needed!

Autofacade

So there are plenty of videos out there which is really useful for the procedure of taking them prepping and rooting them but not so much about environment. I will be taking cuttings 3 weeks into flower (heard that that's a awesome time to snip)

I have a tent with a 300w blue cfl and will run it back to a 18/6 light cycle. What temps can these girls be aloud to drop to on lights off?
And how close can I get with the cfl.... I have heard that clones hate strong light to begin with.....
All tips welcome.... I have an incubator dome that I can fit 10x 1ltr pots into.....

When would you cut them?
Depends. With regular, I leave them in veg until I get pre-flowers and can tell sex. I then take cuttings, but I don't put mama into bloom until I know that the clones are viable. On feminized, I take cuttings as soon as there are good branches for cutting. Again I wait to go into bloom until I know I have good clones.

@Bush Doctor 77 got you turned in the right direction.

take clones off plants in veg. Avoid it in flower.

take the “oldest” and Most vigorous side branches you can. They have more hormones needed for the clone to root.

Good luck :cheer:

silver

Will a 300w cfl be ok for the job?

yes clones do not need much light at all. Your cfl will be fine for the job.

even with the cfl I’d start far away and work your way down until the clone tells you it’s happy. They respond pretty quickly to light changes.

Yeah, definitely not in flower.
I pull them a week or two before I flip. Thats when I do a heavy defol, wait a week or so, then flip.
Check out my “Abandoned Ladies” grow in my signature. It’s a very good clone process to follow. Let me know if you have any questions. Fill a tall shot glass or something like that with spring water. When you pull your clones, put them straight into the water. You can keep as many as you want for weeks as long as you replenish the water. I keep everything over 5-6” just in case someone around wants to grow a few. That’s how I ended up with the 5 I have now. Everyone backed out so I grew them. Check out the thread.

even with the cfl I’d start far away and work your way down until the clone tells you it’s happy. They respond pretty quickly to light changes.
Go grab a $30 hydro light from Home Depot. They work perfect.

Awesome my seedling/clone tent is only 95cm tall. Will this be ok or will I be better off getting a taller tent?

Go grab a $30 hydro light from Home Depot. They work perfect.
I'd rather use what I have as it's already there and the cfl produces enough heat to keep my tent just right! Shame just realised your from the US would have maybe swapped some clones lol

Yeah, definitely not in flower.
I pull them a week or two before I flip. Thats when I do a heavy defol, wait a week or so, then flip.
Check out my “Abandoned Ladies” grow in my signature. It’s a very good clone process to follow. Let me know if you have any questions. Fill a tall shot glass or something like that with spring water. When you pull your clones, put them straight into the water. You can keep as many as you want for weeks as long as you replenish the water. I keep everything over 5-6” just in case someone around wants to grow a few. That’s how I ended up with the 5 I have now. Everyone backed out so I grew them. Check out the thread.
Awesome advise thankyou! Will defo have a look at your journal also will no doubt be asking some questions. Thankyou very much!

I'd rather use what I have as it's already there and the cfl produces enough heat to keep my tent just right! Shame just realised your from the US would have maybe swapped some clones lol
Yeah I even tried to give them to a few folks on here, but most live in CA, I’m in CO. Kind of glad I kept them though. They’re looking nice now.
4935BE7F-F218-41DF-8AD5-EF8D9D1C9B2E.jpeg

Hello Autofacade. You have been given great advice. I too would never take another clone in flower again after my experience with it. I like to cut my clones about a week or two before I switch to flower.
Do you have a humidity dome? In my opinion a humidity dome, and a proper heating mat for under it is a must unless you have plenty of warmth already without the heat mat.
I like to keep my clones around 80 degrees, and 100% humidity for the first few days and I slowly decrease the humidity as they develop roots. I usually have some roots showing within 8-10 days. Also I open the lid morning and evening for the first few days to exchange the air inside the dome. As the days pass you start to vent the dome a little more each day until the clones become hardened to their regular environment.
I have some photos and details in my journal if you care to take a peek.
Good luck.

Hello Autofacade. You have been given great advice. I too would never take another clone in flower again after my experience with it. I like to cut my clones about a week or two before I switch to flower.
Do you have a humidity dome? In my opinion a humidity dome, and a proper heating mat for under it is a must unless you have plenty of warmth already without the heat mat.
I like to keep my clones around 80 degrees, and 100% humidity for the first few days and I slowly decrease the humidity as they develop roots. I usually have some roots showing within 8-10 days. Also I open the lid morning and evening for the first few days to exchange the air inside the dome. As the days pass you start to vent the dome a little more each day until the clones become hardened to their regular environment.
I have some photos and details in my journal if you care to take a peek.
Good luck.
I do indeed have a humidity dome that is heated so that's a bonus! 100% humidity will be tricky the most I have seen it hit is 80 so hopefully that will do the trick. Sure I'll have a look over your journal also more info the better! At the moment I'm trying to see which plant I like the most I may take a cut of all of them and then which ever hits the spot make a mother plant out of her clone. I have a while to work it all out anyway. I have at least another 3 weeks left before I even think of taking a cut.
Thankyou for all the advise from everyone super turn around!

Attachments

• 20200111_004309.jpg
    20200111_004309.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom