Stunted cannabis grow: please help

Spo0kyLV

420 Member
So...
these 3 plants started growing and flowering in my attic. grew nicely till the heat wave came and they stopped growing from heat (over +32C). so i moved them to cooler place (basement). they havent grown at all since then and its been like 3 weeks now. they are under 300w Mars Hydro led and 4x23w cfl`s(warm light) 12/12 since forever . what to do?

plant 1 : Candy kush auto. planted june 1st , started flowering early july

plant 2 & 3 : Freebie seeds from nirvana 2 years old . skinniest plant stopped first (was the biggest of 3)

The auto looks sort of ok. I don’t grow autos myself- but they’re generally grown under full veg lighting 18/6 or 24/0 - not 12/12.
Some of the issues look heat related - that foxtailed look.
That ‘claw’ look... usually attributed to too much nitrogen- but myself I’ve usually had it from my PH being off. I don’t know what you’re growing in- if it’s organic soil then PH is usually not the issue.
Also the possibility of a reveg type problem. Is your new space completely dark in the lights off period, or do you have light leaks? Is your light cycle steady without lots of changes and interruptions?

The auto looks sort of ok. I don’t grow autos myself- but they’re generally grown under full veg lighting 18/6 or 24/0 - not 12/12.
Some of the issues look heat related - that foxtailed look.
That ‘claw’ look... usually attributed to too much nitrogen- but myself I’ve usually had it from my PH being off. I don’t know what you’re growing in- if it’s organic soil then PH is usually not the issue.
Also the possibility of a reveg type problem. Is your new space completely dark in the lights off period, or do you have light leaks? Is your light cycle steady without lots of changes and interruptions?

organic store bought mix but i added more perlite. room is completely dark, regulated with a timer. temperature doesnt change ever. i moved them in complete darkness aswell , didnt want to risk with hermies.
its my first auto also, but i read that its no problem adding them to 12/12 flower room just smaller yield. just learning, so i`m not aiming for nothing much

Yeah- the auto just wouldn’t put on as much growth with less lighting.

Hmmm... not sure what to say other than wait and see.
I don’t get a lot of heat issues in my grow so I’m not sure if heat could account for all that clawing and the discolouring at the tips.
Others might have more helpful info for you- but whatever the problem is - it should either become more evident in the next couple weeks, or else hopefully get better.

I think they've had a shock. Your light is weak for that amount of plants. 77% humidity is a real problem in flower if it's consistent (bud rot). Do you have a dehumidifier?

If you are enjoying this and plan on doing it again with a similar number of plants, you should invest in a stronger light now to finish this grow.

:nomo::passitleft:
ty, i`ll try to get humidity lowered. 1000w led light ordered, should be here soon. if i waste that skinny plant and fix humidity issue, think they will continue growing normaly, or shock was too much and i should restart?
when these plants get fixed, i`ll plant last 4 candy kush seeds on 20/4 and under 1000w :) hopefully for once i`ll get everything right next time :D

Good call re the weak light. More light is almost always a good thing.

:thumb:
Lack of it can definitely cause that foxtailed look - but not those curly leaves and off-colour look.
Calvados is right about the humidity too - but it’s really only usually an issue for late flowering. I live in a humid place and have danced with 70% humidity and higher for many years - even with a dehumidifier. It’s not the cause of your current issues. Put it on the ‘to do’ list. Some strains that are prone to budrot can start to rot when they get large and dense in late flowering - but I’ve never once had it happen to small new buds like this- and if it was it would be obvious. Just make sure you have good airflow in there, especially in late flowering.
I’m not a big believer in plant ‘shock’. I’ve just never had a plant that was ‘shocked’ by anything before. They can be slowed down for a few days if I machete half the branches off cause they’re too big. Overwatering can rot the roots and outright kill them over time. I’ve never had one that was just upset and refused to grow even though the conditions were good. There was always a problem with the conditions.

If it was my grow I’d suspect problems with the plant’s food and water first and if possible test the ph of my water as well as the ph of the runoff from the pot.
Ph issues can cause nutrient lockout (those curled leaves and weird colours ) and very slow growth. What sort of water are you giving them?

So...
these 3 plants started growing and flowering in my attic. grew nicely till the heat wave came and they stopped growing from heat (over +32C). so i moved them to cooler place (basement). they havent grown at all since then and its been like 3 weeks now. they are under 300w Mars Hydro led and 4x23w cfl`s(warm light) 12/12 since forever . what to do?

plant 2 & 3 : Freebie seeds from nirvana 2 years old . skinniest plant stopped first (was the biggest of 3)

So...

Is this your 1st grow if so did better than many.

Good call re the weak light. More light is almost always a good thing.

:thumb:
Lack of it can definitely cause that foxtailed look - but not those curly leaves and off-colour look.
Calvados is right about the humidity too - but it’s really only usually an issue for late flowering. I live in a humid place and have danced with 70% humidity and higher for many years - even with a dehumidifier. It’s not the cause of your current issues. Put it on the ‘to do’ list. Some strains that are prone to budrot can start to rot when they get large and dense in late flowering - but I’ve never once had it happen to small new buds like this- and if it was it would be obvious. Just make sure you have good airflow in there, especially in late flowering.
I’m not a big believer in plant ‘shock’. I’ve just never had a plant that was ‘shocked’ by anything before. They can be slowed down for a few days if I machete half the branches off cause they’re too big. Overwatering can rot the roots and outright kill them over time. I’ve never had one that was just upset and refused to grow even though the conditions were good. There was always a problem with the conditions.

If it was my grow I’d suspect problems with the plant’s food and water first and if possible test the ph of my water as well as the ph of the runoff from the pot.
Ph issues can cause nutrient lockout (those curled leaves and weird colours ) and very slow growth. What sort of water are you giving them?

its just tap water (from our own well) :D and no nutes. i am letting soil dry out a bit before watering. its the same water i give my plants in greenhouse and they grow fast and strong. and these ones grew amazingly before this heat and plant moving :/
TY, i`ll put ph meter on shopping list

Is this your 1st grow if so did better than many.
nah its my 3rd, but first one indoors. 1st grow was 16ft monster that didnt reach flowering before frost hit it :( didnt understand how photos work xD. 2nd grow rotted :( i had to leave country for work and there was noone who could take care of my plants and open greenhouse doors and let in fresh dry air :( salvaged 30g when i returned

All my first grows were a mess. Keep at it and the mysterious problems tend to mysteriously disappear.:passitleft:

You may do this already and completely have your watering down, so I’m just putting it out there, but IMO the best way to judge when to water is by lifting the pots. If growth slowed from some event then watering will need to slow down accordingly. Problems overlap and get compounded in a hurry.

Back
Top Bottom