Severely stunted autos

that isn't burn. the poor thing is eating itself to survive.
I fed them on Monday the same day you suggested. I read that you should feed every other watering. Feeding Monday and watering yesterday is 4 days. I wanted to let them use up the water like Emilya suggested but maybe I messed up.
Do you think I should feed them again today or are they toast?

I added perlite to my newly germinated plants so hopefully that helps them with moisture. Idk too new to all this

Mine was green then after I fed it it turned yellow like that
Maybe i mixed it too hot monday but I used the suggested amount on the bottle of fox farm. This is all new and as I screw up I learn but sheesh this is an expensive learning process!

I fed them on Monday the same day you suggested. I read that you should feed every other watering

no. depending on your nute line most growers follow a ffw or fffw schedule. you're washing the nutes and underfeeding with an fwfw.

look at the fox farm online feeding guide as a baseline to start. there should also be one printed on the back of the bottles.

you are also missing a load of the basic nute package. fox farm typically comes as a three part base nute. you have one of them and 2 supplements that have no use til flower. actually the one part you have is also mostly for flower. get the rest pronto or continue killing seedlings til you figure it.

Do you think I should feed them again today or are they toast?

maybe but i don't know if you have the time.
i think you should get yourself set up proper first. you're just throwing shit at the wind at the moment.

I added perlite to my newly germinated plants so hopefully that helps them with moisture. Idk too new to all this

get back to the drawing board. look at what other growers are doing. read some journals. copy the successful ones at first. it's not that tough. you'll get there.

Mine was green then after I fed it it turned yellow like that

separate issue. there's loads of things that coulda been done sideways. overfed or overwater and suffocation is common with new growers. a bunch of other stuff too. everyone gets over it eventually.

no. depending on your nute line most growers follow a ffw or fffw schedule. you're washing the nutes and underfeeding with an fwfw.

look at the fox farm online feeding guide as a baseline to start. there should also be one printed on the back of the bottles.

you are also missing a load of the basic nute package. fox farm typically comes as a three part base nute. you have one of them and 2 supplements that have no use til flower. actually the one part you have is also mostly for flower. get the rest pronto or continue killing seedlings til you figure it.

maybe but i don't know if you have the time.
i think you should get yourself set up proper first. you're just throwing shit at the wind at the moment.

get back to the drawing board. look at what other growers are doing. read some journals. copy the successful ones at first. it's not that tough. you'll get there.

separate issue. there's loads of things that coulda been done sideways. overfed or overwater and suffocation is common with new growers. a bunch of other stuff too. everyone gets over it eventually.
I will order some soil and start some more plants once I read up some more.

For now I’ll see what these do and how long they last

My 2 cents.
Autoflowers need less nutrients in general, seedlings usually need no extra nutrients for about 10 days.
Unless they're in coco coir.

Autoflowers are notoriously frail, one small thing and boom, stunted.
And when soil is allowed to dry the nutrients in that soil condense.

I would get some seedling soil that is nicely aerated so the roots receive oxygen even if you lightly water everyday and water with 72⁰ filtered and oxygentated water with a little aloe vera mixed in.

@Slick0ne Sorry to see you're having some troubles with the autos. I think you've got a soil problem. The soil you're using looks too chunky and with too much woody material, i.e. not fine-grain enough, not enough nutrients. I make my own custom soil mixture, so perhaps someone on the forum here could recommend a high-quality mix. I highly recommend using some worm castings and Mykos root booster in the mix. So, if you attempt this, you're looking at a delicate transplant into the new soil.

@Slick0ne Sorry to see you're having some troubles with the autos. I think you've got a soil problem. The soil you're using looks too chunky and with too much woody material, i.e. not fine-grain enough, not enough nutrients. I make my own custom soil mixture, so perhaps someone on the forum here could recommend a high-quality mix. I highly recommend using some worm castings and Mykos root booster in the mix. So, if you attempt this, you're looking at a delicate transplant into the new soil.
Thanks for the input. I am still doing some research and trying to figure this all out. I have seen some people grow in poor conditions but I cant seem to get past week 2. Reading through journals and watching videos is giving me more insight and I will order or make some soil soon. I havent had any luck finding local worm casting so might just have to order.
I read about guys using rockwool for the first few weeks before transplanting in soil. Several videos showing good results but not a ton of info. They made it look easy to get past the first few weeks so I figured worth a shot. Ordered some 1.5" cubes to start them in while I do more research and locate soil.

I really love coconut coir. I add quite a bit to my grow mix. I also use it as the main component of my cloning medium and seed sprouting medium – two different mixtures. The best coir is pre-washed to remove the sodium.

I haven’t stated to grow anything yet. I’ve been continuing my research and trying to figure out how I want to go. Pretty sure I’m going to start them off in rock wool and transplant to fox farm coco loco. Haven’t ordered the coco loco yet.

But I think what I done wrong was to stop my ventilation. The thought didn’t cross my mind as I’m new to all this. While watching a video they mentioned ventilation so I looked into it and I think it could have caused me problems. It got hot here a few weeks ago (95+) and I stopped the ventilation because it was sucking in too much hot air. I do have a a/c unit that I turned on but I stopped the vent because I figured sucking in hot air would cost me more to run the a/c.

Do you think the unventilated room caused my growth to stop?

I haven’t stated to grow anything yet. I’ve been continuing my research and trying to figure out how I want to go. Pretty sure I’m going to start them off in rock wool and transplant to fox farm coco loco. Haven’t ordered the coco loco yet.

But I think what I done wrong was to stop my ventilation. The thought didn’t cross my mind as I’m new to all this. While watching a video they mentioned ventilation so I looked into it and I think it could have caused me problems. It got hot here a few weeks ago (95+) and I stopped the ventilation because it was sucking in too much hot air. I do have a a/c unit that I turned on but I stopped the vent because I figured sucking in hot air would cost me more to run the a/c.

it couldn't have helped much. Good catch! Hopefully this will help.

good air flow is key ingredient when growing indoors.

Things to consider when growing indoors:
-good grow medium (cheap soil = trouble)
-ventilation or air flow system ( a fan is the minimum)
-good quality water (tap water isnt always the best, has chlorine and calcium deposits)
-CFL, LED, MH any of these lights types would work
-clean sterilized grow space (tent, closet, basement)
-good quality seeds.

:thumb:

I read about guys using rockwool for the first few weeks before transplanting in soil. Several videos showing good results but not a ton of info. They made it look easy to get past the first few weeks so I figured worth a shot. Ordered some 1.5" cubes to start them in while I do more research and locate soil.
Did you give up on those little ones? Anyway, I don't use rockwool. Once my seed has developed at least a 1/2" root on the paper towel, I transfer to a 2" pot with a custom soil mixture. In no time, the seedling is up and going and only takes about 5 days to get 3-4" tall. From there I carefully transplant into a 1 gal. pot with my usual custom grow mix. I add some Mycos "in the hole" when I transplant to the 1 gal. pot.

The mixture I use for the 2" pot is similar to my grow mix, except it's a sifted version of it, to remove small stones, etc. Think of it as "baby food" for the baby plant. This mix is also 1/2 coco coir, with a bit more perlite than usual. Sometimes I will also add some Mycos granules, too. I don't add worm compost (castings) to the mix, because I'm using very fresh homegrown worm compost, and I feel that the "baby food" should be more "pure", i.e. more on the sterile side than the other way around.

I have recently started placing the 2" pots in my cloning chamber, because it's an ideal safe place for them to develop, with plenty of humidity, light, and warmth. (link to my cloning method in my signature.)

Once in the 1 gal. pot, the plants really take off. I will mist them daily for awhile. I actually mist my plants in the veg house regularly, with pure water. I need to make a batch of aerated worm compost tea – that works wonders as a foliar spray.

good air flow is key ingredient when growing indoors.

Things to consider when growing indoors:
-good grow medium (cheap soil = trouble)
-ventilation or air flow system ( a fan is the minimum)
-good quality water (tap water isnt always the best, has chlorine and calcium deposits)
-CFL, LED, MH any of these lights types would work
-clean sterilized grow space (tent, closet, basement)
-good quality seeds.

:thumb:
I have good grow media coming -coco loco from fox farm
For ventilation I have a 6" AC Infinity 400cfh in my 6'x6' grow closet
Water source is standard filtered well water. Comes out with 7.5 PH and 400PPM
Light is a Mars Hydro TSW2000
Grow space is sealed and clean.
Seeds are 420 and they all usually germinate good
Bubble Gum Auto -Jack Herer Auto -OG Kush Auto are the 3 I have been working with

Did you give up on those little ones? Anyway, I don't use rockwool. Once my seed has developed at least a 1/2" root on the paper towel, I transfer to a 2" pot with a custom soil mixture. In no time, the seedling is up and going and only takes about 5 days to get 3-4" tall. From there I carefully transplant into a 1 gal. pot with my usual custom grow mix. I add some Mycos "in the hole" when I transplant to the 1 gal. pot.

The mixture I use for the 2" pot is similar to my grow mix, except it's a sifted version of it, to remove small stones, etc. Think of it as "baby food" for the baby plant. This mix is also 1/2 coco coir, with a bit more perlite than usual. Sometimes I will also add some Mycos granules, too. I don't add worm compost (castings) to the mix, because I'm using very fresh homegrown worm compost, and I feel that the "baby food" should be more "pure", i.e. more on the sterile side than the other way around.

I have recently started placing the 2" pots in my cloning chamber, because it's an ideal safe place for them to develop, with plenty of humidity, light, and warmth. (link to my cloning method in my signature.)

Once in the 1 gal. pot, the plants really take off. I will mist them daily for awhile. I actually mist my plants in the veg house regularly, with pure water. I need to make a batch of aerated worm compost tea – that works wonders as a foliar spray.
I did give up on the other ones. I sat them in my garden for a couple days while I cleaned out my Grow room. They continued to get worse so I set them free lol. They had a pretty good root system going.

I plan on just using the Coco Loco from FoxFarm and not adding anything to it except water and the FF Nutes that I have. Do you think the 3 bottles of FF nutes will work good in CoCo?

I need to look into buying some Mycos for transplanting but I dont know what it is or what to do.

My plan is to grow them in the 1.5" Rockwool until they are showing good roots out of the bottom. Once they look good I will transfer them into my 13" tall 5gal grow bags full of coco loco.
I will still be doing research on how much and when to feed them as I go along but tips would be helpfull.

I have good grow media coming -coco loco from fox farm
For ventilation I have a 6" AC Infinity 400cfh in my 6'x6' grow closet
Water source is standard filtered well water. Comes out with 7.5 PH and 400PPM
Light is a Mars Hydro TSW2000
Grow space is sealed and clean.
Seeds are 420 and they all usually germinate good
Bubble Gum Auto -Jack Herer Auto -OG Kush Auto are the 3 I have been working with

Awesome brother, you should have a smooth grow since you got all that covered.

Best luck, and share your grow journal would like to follow.

Good vibes

I did give up on the other ones. I sat them in my garden for a couple days while I cleaned out my Grow room. They continued to get worse so I set them free lol. They had a pretty good root system going.

I plan on just using the Coco Loco from FoxFarm and not adding anything to it except water and the FF Nutes that I have. Do you think the 3 bottles of FF nutes will work good in CoCo?

I need to look into buying some Mycos for transplanting but I dont know what it is or what to do.

My plan is to grow them in the 1.5" Rockwool until they are showing good roots out of the bottom. Once they look good I will transfer them into my 13" tall 5gal grow bags full of coco loco.
I will still be doing research on how much and when to feed them as I go along but tips would be helpfull.
Sounds good. Sorry, I am not familiar with the FF products. Mycos (actually, Mykos) is a brand name for mycorrhizal fungi. The actual product name is: Mykos, Pure Mycorrhizal Inoculant, "Organic Root Enhancer". The fungus is symbiotic with the roots, enhancing nutrient and water uptake.

I only grow Autos, never grew a photo. True Autos are different their nutrient needs are much less than photos by 50%. I only use Fox Farm Happy Frog soil with a lil worm castings, Peralite and my cos added. Yes the Fox Farm Trio will do you good , just cut to 50% of their recommended mix. Instead of starting in a solo I would recommend going straight into a one gal. fabric pot until harvest. Autos do not need any nutrients fer at least the first 21 days using FF Happy Frog potting Soil. I still use a single prong moisture meter prior to watering my plants as well as weight of pot and appearance of plant. Maybe try one plant at a time. The first 21 days are the most important period of their short life, any speed bumps and they will let you know . The less you play with em, the less crap you add to their pot and they will reward you.Continue to monitor your watering and ph as you have learned.Good luck and happy growing.
Edit: OP 6/22 , I must be effen stoned :rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.
:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom