Sulfur buds

Welcome Pat, I'm not sure if you'll get the sulphur out of the buds. Maybe if you settle for some dry sift hash or maybe make oil with it. I've never encountered this issue before. A lot of us use alcohol mixed 1:9 with water or peroxide during flower. Both will gas off quickly.
I figured out how to neutralize the Sulfur powder I'm rinse buds in baking soda and water 1 cup baking soda 5 gallons of water that should neutralize the sulfur I forgot to mention I dipped the sulfur buds in the peroxide water solution to wash them and by doing that sulfur reacts with hydrogen peroxide big mistake from what I read that turns it into some type of sulfuric acid basically something you don't want to smoke so after much research on the web I find that baking soda will neutralize pretty much any acid or in my case sulfuric acid so thank you for your help I'm pretty sure I got my buds clean but I won't smoke them I'll burn one take a sniff and see what happens but thank you so much for trying

Oh well I guess people will criticize but honestly I'm only on here for answers and I actually found the answer myself so if anybody is stupid enough to do what I did rinse in baking soda that neutralizes it and due to other washes in plain water

Thank you for trying to help me I do appreciate it.. Yeah I know there's a lot of jerks out there that use the internet to poke fun or bully people cuz they got nothing better to do with their time and it just makes things harder on people like me having to read through all the jokes to get real answers

I believe I got the answer baking soda will neutralize just about any chemical so I wash them in one cup baking soda 5 gallons warmish water rinse them in warm water then rinse them in cold water line dry them and they smell and taste perfect so thank God I didn't just toss them I think the sulfur mixed with the hydrogen peroxide wash method and turned it into something on them anyway if you ever want to get something out of your buds like any chemicals I'm suggesting using baking soda and water to wash them thoroughly then rinse them thoroughly dry Papa bud Light it up if it stinks don't smoke it if it smells great enjoy thanks for all your help everybody!!

Learning from our mistakes is the best teacher, these are lessons we rarely forget.
Sorry to say but the baking soda wash did not get the sulfur off my buns is still smells like a burnt match anybody got any better Solutions than I had please help

At this point I don't know what to do I mean I can try and make oil or butter it just seems as though the sulfur has soaked into the whole damn plant like even if I dried a leaf that I washed off it stinks like sulfur it's in the plant itself I think so even if I make butter or oil it's probably all going to stink bad. I am trying a water cure for 7 days had to wait for that to finish and then dry it I'll let you know if that works out at this point I doubt it.

Long dead thread, but was curious if anyone ever found a solution to this? I made the same mistake. Sprayed sulfur during first week of flower, and it's stuck in my buds. I thought about trying to make dry sift or bubble hash, but I'm not sure I want to waste more time on it. Should probably just cut my losses and move on, but the buds are otherwise nice frosty GG4.

Long dead thread, but was curious if anyone ever found a solution to this? I made the same mistake. Sprayed sulfur during first week of flower, and it's stuck in my buds. I thought about trying to make dry sift or bubble hash, but I'm not sure I want to waste more time on it. Should probably just cut my losses and move on, but the buds are otherwise nice frosty GG4.
Looks like the OP did a bud wash with baking soda and water. There are other threads on this site for bud washing using H202 and water, lemon juice baking soda and water and rinsing with water. Do a search for bud washing
:hookah:

Looks like the OP did a bud wash with baking soda and water. There are other threads on this site for bud washing using H202 and water, lemon juice baking soda and water and rinsing with water. Do a search for bud washing
:hookah:

Thanks, yeah I did try the baking soda / lemon wash. Didn't want to go the h202 route for risk of creating sulfuric acid. My buds are probably trash, but I thought it might be worth posting in case the OP still has alerts on and would care to comment. Guessing they probably had to ultimately throw it out. The sulfur residue is probably deep in the bud right at the stem, and possibly at the tips of sugar leaves. Just not sure if it's actually soaked into the tricomes. Maybe hash would work...

It was an oldie but no longer.... I’ve used sulfur but avoid spraying it in flower, when it comes to bud washing I do more of a bud soak. I skip the baking soda & lemon juice deal and just do 3 buckets lukewarm water 5 to 15 minute soak in each depending on how nasty I feel they are based on foliar sprays etc. No science to back me up here just seems soaking might soften it up more. Heck you could even go for water cured bad part is it strips the taste & terps but it does make for stealth weed

Thanks for the tips, good to know about the water cure. If I ever get something with really bad 'cat piss' terps, or 'roadkill skunk', that I can't stomach, I'll try a watercure.

You could do dry ice or bubble hash, wash it for rso, or green dragon, cobs are pretty cool too. Water cured is good for stealth but you won’t like flavor since it’s flat, prob not smart to do a whole havest water cured, Malawi cobs are better than water cured but nothing beats fresh or well cured bud for taste and terps. I sure don’t have the answers but hope it turns out well for you!

Much thanks! Curious when you do your last sulfur spray, how long before flower? I have a couple plants that I put outside back in April that I sulfur sprayed. They still really stink of sulfur even though I don't see any residue, and it definitely stunk my fingers up after doing some defoal. Considering just culling them, I'm worried the buds will end up being sulfury. But I still have a good couple months before they start to flower. Thoughts?

I don’t have a lot of successful harvests using sulfur to make comparisons with. I‘ve had my share of fungus gnats & spider mites and I try to get pest management nailed down tight in the last few weeks before the flip. I’ve had enough pest problems to drive me towards LOS and beneficial insects, nematodes, predator mites etc just now getting colony established and I’m hoping to get away from ipm and fight nature with nature

@bobrown14 is wikipedia for cannabis, he can drop some intel

Back
Top Bottom