Super Stealth Poormans Grow, Cfl + Lst

tomeh

Sup guys+gals, this is my poor mans stealth grow using cfls.
Here's as much info as i cant think of

Seeds: 2 feminized white widows from seedsman
Lights: 28w natural white cfl, 48w warm white cfl.
Soil: Richgro premium potting soil
Pot size: 8.1 L
Grow box: 64cm tall x 59cm wide x 52cm deep, lined with Mylar.

This is my room
1774.jpg

This is the desk with the corner panel open
2534.jpg

This is the grow box open
3454.jpg

Wiring
5278.jpg

The lights
4354.jpg

The plants
6249.jpg

Have a good one

Tomeh, you're on your way bro. lookin good so far :goodjob:

2 quick friendly suggestions tho..
you might want to put a couple books or something under the plants so they can be closer to the light.. and if you can i'd pick up some perlite. By the looks and name of your soil it'll prolly come in handy for sure.

I like the clean set up too! ;)

Tomeh, you're on your way bro. lookin good so far :goodjob:

2 quick friendly suggestions tho..
you might want to put a couple books or something under the plants so they can be closer to the light.. and if you can i'd pick up some perlite. By the looks and name of your soil it'll prolly come in handy for sure.

I like the clean set up too! ;)

Thanks man
yeh ive taken your advice and raised em up towards the lights.
What does adding perlite do?
Does it retain moisture better or something like that
cheers.

Thanks man
yeh ive taken your advice and raised em up towards the lights.
What does adding perlite do?
Does it retain moisture better or something like that
cheers.

Nah actually the opposite. Perlite helps the soil drain better, which is better for the plants ;). It also provides more the roots with more air which roots like. Oh and with cfls you can keep them about 3-6 inches under. Some ppl put it even closer but 3-6 will do ya just right ;)

take it easy bro :ganjamon:

Hows this for a poorman?
9145.jpg

Today i reinforced the lighting frame and added a big ass 135w cfl with a 6400k spectrum :D
This should get the plants moving a bit better

8180.jpg

7214.jpg

And the babies:
10119.jpg

Nah actually the opposite. Perlite helps the soil drain better, which is better for the plants ;). It also provides more the roots with more air which roots like. Oh and with cfls you can keep them about 3-6 inches under. Some ppl put it even closer but 3-6 will do ya just right ;)

take it easy bro :ganjamon:

Yeh there at around 5-6 inches from the lights i think.
Yeh next time im at the gardening shop ill have a look at some perlite
peace

yah perlite is dirt cheap too bro you can get a 8 qt bag for like $5 bucks, and that will be plenty given your grow size. Sheeeet it might last you like 5-6 grows in that grow cab

yah perlite is dirt cheap too bro you can get a 8 qt bag for like $5 bucks, and that will be plenty given your grow size. Sheeeet it might last you like 5-6 grows in that grow cab

Haha yeh probably.
Sea of green autoflower next grow probs :D
Like my new light i added? hehe

Haha yeh probably.
Sea of green autoflower next grow probs :D
Like my new light i added? hehe

Yah its a 100 watter right? Your ladies are goin to take off, i've got two of those 100w cfls and holy sheeet the ladies love em.

about 4 inches from top of the canopy. I currently have two of the 100ws in my veg cab. ;)

Hey tomeh. Nice setup. I agree with Dro, the plants are gonna love the new 6400k CFL. Are you watching the temperatures in there?

Yeh when its closed up it gets way to hot in there, 96 Fahrenheit. :|
I put a fan in the box for ventiliation but its still way to hot.
If i open the box it goes down to 84.

Any ideas any1?

I haven't started my grow yet, but you might want an intake fan as well. That should create an air flow in the box (if it's anything like a computer case)

Updateeeeee

LST has begunnn on one plant
12154.jpg

And i fixed the heat issue, i took out the smaller cfl bulb and it dropped the heat significantly :) i think
oh and i put in a big fan inside the box
13124.jpg

Yeh i have an intake and an exhaust fan on the walls of the box :)
11184.jpg

Ahh okay. I thought I only saw one. Since it isn't front to back, it'll be a little less effective but should be okay still. May need more fans or higher CFM fans up near the top maybe. Since it is enclosed in the desk, there isn't a whole lot you can do and still keep it stealthy (not that I can think of right now, at least).

Woops, taking out the light didnt really affect the temperature, its just not as hot right now.
haha dam back to the drawing board

Back
Top Bottom