Superoots Air Pots -An Evolution in Containers

Hey OB nice thread I've been debating on the airpots well I'm sold!! Plants look great and root zones are incredible reps.to ya nice job!!!:bravo::bravo:

I am harvesting my 1st grow - 4 x white widows in Smart Pots. Looks like maybe 3oz per plant. Who knew hands and fingers could get so fatigued, cutting little leaves??

I also recently transferred WW clones to a few Smart Pots and a few Air-Pots. The Air-Pot clones look AMAZING!! After this 2nd grow, I'll only use Air-Pots.

TOTALLY SOLD!! I look like a pro!

THANKS OB. :slide:

OB.. Thanks for the great thread.. You've inspired me to order a batch and try them out. Question.. When you move your ladies outdoors do you keep them in the air pot or transplant them into a raised bed/trench?

Thanks again for the detail in your thread..

R

Hey OB nice thread I've been debating on the airpots well I'm sold!! Plants look great and root zones are incredible reps.to ya nice job!!!:bravo::bravo:

Thanks Bro! :welcome: and :goodluck: You're going to enjoy them alot. They take some getting used to but they can certainly take your garden to another level!

I am harvesting my 1st grow - 4 x white widows in Smart Pots. Looks like maybe 3oz per plant. Who knew hands and fingers could get so fatigued, cutting little leaves??

I also recently transferred WW clones to a few Smart Pots and a few Air-Pots. The Air-Pot clones look AMAZING!! After this 2nd grow, I'll only use Air-Pots.

TOTALLY SOLD!! I look like a pro!

THANKS OB. :slide:

Awesome! Sometimes I feel like I'm somehow getting over or taking a major shortcut and getting away with it. I cannot believe what these pots have done for my grow op! Everything grows at fast forward speed!

OB.. Thanks for the great thread.. You've inspired me to order a batch and try them out. Question.. When you move your ladies outdoors do you keep them in the air pot or transplant them into a raised bed/trench?

Thanks again for the detail in your thread..

R

:welcome:DaRube!
My outdoor grow is urban so I have to keep all of my plants in pots in case I need to move them around.
This year I want to have a few in AirPots outdoors so I will use the two 5.2 gallon pots and I'm looking into ordering a couple 7 or 10 gallon Air Pots for a couple other plants. I also have a bunch of 2 gallon and 3.4 gallon pots that I can use for smaller outdoor plants towards then end of the outdoor growing season. If I have more plants than I do Air Pots I will just use some five gallon commercial nursery pots to fit the bill.

Pics will be coming soon of the ginormous plant in bloom now for 5 weeks. I think she may take as long as 10-11 weeks to finish. She's stopped growing in both directions and is now concentrating on building her buds. She's a fatty! Her buds are about 2 inches in diameter, are rock solid dense, and she has light snow on her peaks.

My bloom tent is being scrapped as i write this and a new supre bloom cab will replace it. This will open up the space a little better for the agrressive growing air pot plants to fit more comfortably. It's a sog cab that can hold both large and small plants with a stadium seating configuration.
It should alloow me to grow two large plants side by side. This will open it up for the heavy weight matchup of the year!
5.2 gallon Superoot Air Pot vs 5 gallon Bucket DWC Aeroponics!

Wow.. thanks for the fast response.. I'm urban also though a legal medical provider.. I do try to be stealthy though, my neighbors are nice yet conservative.. I can't wait to see your new pictures.. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge..

Hi OB,
Love the thread mate. Good work.
Got myself a few APs some months ago, before I found this thread. So glad I did! I'm going to run some autos in the airpots under my 205w LED.
I look forward to your match up. Good luck.

Hey OB:cheer:

Chopped a Lemon Skunk today. Wet was 442 grams. Unrolled the AirPot and there was plenty more room for allot more growth. I used the 3.7 gallon pots and they would have supported a much bigger plant! :)

With a 5.2 gallon pot you should have some big ass monsters.:cheer:

Hey OB:cheer:

Chopped a Lemon Skunk today. Wet was 442 grams. Unrolled the AirPot and there was plenty more room for allot more growth. I used the 3.7 gallon pots and they would have supported a much bigger plant! :)

With a 5.2 gallon pot you should have some big ass monsters.:cheer:

That's awesome OMM!
We found another plus from using the air pots. On a few plants we only vegged them in air pots and then transplanted them into regular nursery pots for flower. The air pot veg plants still had the explosive growth rate as if they were still in air pots over their sisters that were grown in regular pots from day one.
This could be very beneficial in the Summer where the air pots may dry out too fast. Using a regular pot or bucket would prevent the rapid drying but the roots would still be spread out thru the pot from the air pot vegging.
So basically a grower can still get outstanding results even if they only use the Air Pots for vegging

That's awesome OMM!
We found another plus from using the air pots. On a few plants we only vegged them in air pots and then transplanted them into regular nursery pots for flower. The air pot veg plants still had the explosive growth rate as if they were still in air pots over their sisters that were grown in regular pots from day one.
This could be very beneficial in the Summer where the air pots may dry out too fast. Using a regular pot or bucket would prevent the rapid drying but the roots would still be spread out thru the pot from the air pot vegging.
So basically a grower can still get outstanding results even if they only use the Air Pots for vegging

That's very logical orangeblood My info plus yours makes it offical fact. The roots would still be dispersed when transplanted and that accounts for the great growth spurt. These things keep getting better and better. It would be really interesting to see the roots after the plants are chopped. I wonder what the final root pattern would look like in the regular pot? :yummy:

I'm expecting my air pots any day now.. I'm curious why you think they would dry out too much during the summer.. (I'm expecting mine any day).. I realize your experience with them shows they need more water than traditional yet do you think this would become an issue in the summer outside? They are for nursery growers and they would have an issue I would think if they used too much water.. I was thinking of getting some of the 27" for an above ground grow but if water is an issue I might rethink.. Also how much bigger of a nursery pot did transplant to? From a 1 gal air pot to 5 gallon traditional? Do you think they will flower better in the traditional? Loving your thread..

R

That's very logical orangeblood My info plus yours makes it offical fact. The roots would still be dispersed when transplanted and that accounts for the great growth spurt. These things keep getting better and better. It would be really interesting to see the roots after the plants are chopped. I wonder what the final root pattern would look like in the regular pot? :yummy:

LOL! I am so looking forward to not only seeing what the added benefits will be for my quality and quantity of my yields but I'm equally looking forward to rinsing off that huge plants root system to get a real good look at it. I have a feeling it may be an amazing work of art!

I'm expecting my air pots any day now.. I'm curious why you think they would dry out too much during the summer.. (I'm expecting mine any day).. I realize your experience with them shows they need more water than traditional yet do you think this would become an issue in the summer outside? They are for nursery growers and they would have an issue I would think if they used too much water.. I was thinking of getting some of the 27" for an above ground grow but if water is an issue I might rethink.. Also how much bigger of a nursery pot did transplant to? From a 1 gal air pot to 5 gallon traditional? Do you think they will flower better in the traditional? Loving your thread..

R

High Darube!

I live in a very hot climate and right now I'm watering my plants nearly every day. The plants we have in regular nursery pots dry out in about 2-3 days. The water is not an issue unless you can be on top of it daily. It's kinda like running a hydro garden manually.
The plants we transplanted from air pots to nursery pots went from 3 liter air pots to 2 gallon ribbed nursery pots. The caretaker of those plants is loving the results and wants his clones to vegged in air pots from now on.

Plants are looking great dude. Alot to catch up on yours here but I did speed read. Noticed someone doing a comparison on smart-air pots. I don't have a pic rite now but I will be checking in on the progress seeing I have something going in smart ones. The one time I did a transplant, there was no white roots going around. Seem the roots on mine were finer but thicker if that makes any seem. I'll try to find a pic and some info. I know I took one and its on the PC, somewhere. Hey Plants are looking cool. Keep it green

Awesome OB.. Thanks for the info.. I love the hydro in soil manually.. lol...

So you thinking about a hybrid system.. veg in air pots/flower in traditional? Do you think transplanting to a 2 gallon air pot then placing the air pot in a 3-5 gallon traditional container (no soil in the traditional) would slow the evaporation/water use? So we would still get the benefit of the air pot in flower for continuing root development or do the roots really not grow enough in flower to make much of a difference..

Awesome OB.. Thanks for the info.. I love the hydro in soil manually.. lol...

So you thinking about a hybrid system.. veg in air pots/flower in traditional? Do you think transplanting to a 2 gallon air pot then placing the air pot in a 3-5 gallon traditional container (no soil in the traditional) would slow the evaporation/water use? So we would still get the benefit of the air pot in flower for continuing root development or do the roots really not grow enough in flower to make much of a difference..

The hybrid run is already in play at my partners garden. He does not have really anything to invest into his garden so buying Air Pots is out of the question for him. He's currently using my old 2 gallon nursery pots and flowering them in a small tent under two 150 hps. So far it looks like the plants that were vegged in the air pots will double the yield of our previous method of using regular pots for that garden during veg.
So yeah even if the air pots are used only for veg I believe growers will see significant benefits. The plants are getting an excellent start with great root structure that will only continue thru flower. By the time the plant is even thinking about getting rootbound it's time to harvest.
This philosophy could be a wonderful option for the budget conscious grower too. Buying several 3 liter pots at $5 each is alot friendlier on the wallet than $17+ for the single 5.2 gallon pots or $10 each for the 3.4s.

With a two gallon pot I think you'll be surprised at just how big of a plant a 2 gallon air pot can support. You may not need to transplant later on to a larger container. A typical two gallon nursery pot will comfortably support a 24" plant but a 2 gallon air pot will support a 30"-40" plant easy.:ganjamon:

Speaking of roots OB Here's my 3.7 gallon AirPots roots.

11013.jpg

2687.jpg

As you can see there is no real root ball. There was a whole lot of room left in the AirPot, so you can grow some big girls in even this size.:ganjamon:

Hi OB Great new Avatar :ganjamon:

The thing about those roots in the picture are that all those roots go outward to the sides and out the holes to be air pruned. Right under the soil at the top were six large roots that went to the sides also, they seemed to be the main roots. The tap root was small also and there were thousands of micro roots every where. The pot used only about 1/3 of the actual soil the rest wasn't even used. Hey, I'm learning about these pots too! I see possibilities for all sorts of grows.
I looked into buying the next size smaller a 2.6 gallon pot which would have been better for this grow. 3 of them are $29 dollars. So they are not expensive.

Great thread you have going here....getting out the word on the next generation of pots:thumb:

Hi OB Great new Avatar :ganjamon:

The thing about those roots in the picture are that all those roots go outward to the sides and out the holes to be air pruned. Right under the soil at the top were six large roots that went to the sides also, they seemed to be the main roots. The tap root was small also and there were thousands of micro roots every where. The pot used only about 1/3 of the actual soil the rest wasn't even used. Hey, I'm learning about these pots too! I see possibilities for all sorts of grows.
I looked into buying the next size smaller a 2.6 gallon pot which would have been better for this grow. 3 of them are $29 dollars. So they are not expensive.

Great thread you have going here....getting out the word on the next generation of pots:thumb:

Ive been wanting to try these pots. i think i may have to, those roots look all nice and not twisted like in reg. pots. have you guys notice faster veg time and more yield with these? i assume you need to water more right? roots love air and i can see a better pot to do that

Back
Top Bottom