Sutaa's First Grow: Fatso & Green Crack Autos

sutaa

Hello everyone :>

I'm star, and I just started to try growing. It's kind of hard to find good coherent information out there but I happened along here, and saw Emilya's thorough watering threads. Since watering is, as I understand it, something a lot of new people have trouble with (including me, I already can tell), I thought I would post my attempts at progress here where lots of smart people are :>

My autos are in 5 gallon pots in a 3x3x6 tent (I got the all in one AC Infinity package), and are at this point around 5 and 8 days old respectively. I'm honestly a very scattered person (I have autism and a bunch of other stuff going on) and so I'm trying to make this as simple as possible for myself if I can, by using GeoFlora nutrients that I just ordered. I think these seedlings need me to back off on the water right now, so time to wait for that stuff to come in and let them dry up, unless anyone smarter than I am with this can see something different? I'm absolutely baby at this and don't mind making mistakes honestly, because it helps me internalize getting things right. That being said, it's not terribly practical for me to make mistakes with raising my meds TOO often lol. I'm nervous about posting my work so openly but I'll do my best ✧⁠\⁠(⁠>⁠o⁠<⁠)⁠ノ⁠✧

Anyway, I'm a little neurotic so I'll probably update this a lot, but I can tell this is gonna be a huge patience test unlike any I've had before lmao. It will be good to learn it with something positive at the end of the lesson for a change though, so I'm optimistic.

Stats:

Strains: Fatso/Green Crack (autos)
FF Ocean Forest+~20% perlite
5gal fabric pots, started in final home
AC Infinity Ionboard S22
3x3x6' grow tent

Thank you for looking, and thanks to all the people's informative posts I'm doing my best to sift through now X3

20230506_185540.jpg

20230506_185528.jpg

Oh that's good to hear, thank you! I'm a little colorblind so the difference between stuff like light green and yellow is something I have trouble with, and I thought I saw yellow somewhere. Might make certain things a little tough here but I'll figure it out! 😌

Thank you! I've been poring over those particular threads the past couple of days to make sure I'm doing things right, looks like I'm doing okay so far. It's good to have experienced eyes on my prize though! I get worried that I might be misinterpreting a signal or an instruction sometimes when I'm new to something like this. The green/yellow thing is a particularly annoying bit lol. I have yet to learn their signals of course, so even with explicit instruction there's bunches to learn. It's neat!

Since I gave them both water yesterday and the soil still seems moist I'm just letting well enough alone until the GeoFlora arrives at least, since they're doing well now and the MO with these ladies seems to be to stress them out just enough to toughen them up, if I'm absorbing the things I've read correctly.

Babies have grown some since yesterday, and look a bit of a deeper green since I gave them a break from the waterboarding. Leaves are perking up more now.

I forgot to mention, but I have a little wyze camera in here doing recording at all times, so I might have a neat time lapse when I'm done :) at minimum, I can actually scrub the vod and see the plants wiggling around, doing their thing and reacting in "real time" to the elements they're given. It helps me be less neurotic about opening the tent, gives me insight into what's happening with the plants, and also gives something very neat to watch :>

20230508_134823.jpg

20230508_134731.jpg

Babies have grown some since yesterday, and look a bit of a deeper green since I gave them a break from the waterboarding. Leaves are perking up more now.

I forgot to mention, but I have a little wyze camera in here doing recording at all times, so I might have a neat time lapse when I'm done :) at minimum, I can actually scrub the vod and see the plants wiggling around, doing their thing and reacting in "real time" to the elements they're given. It helps me be less neurotic about opening the tent, gives me insight into what's happening with the plants, and also gives something very neat to watch :>

20230508_134823.jpg

20230508_134731.jpg
Time lapse will be cool to watch.

Babies are doing well ^•^ Letting things dry out for a day or so got them appropriately thirsty, and I gave them a trickle around the perimeter. It's very neat to be able to watch them react to this on the vod play back, it gives me a really great idea of what will happen when I take various actions. It's so nice that I picked up a higher resolution camera so I can spy on them more clearly lol 😆 (these pictures are from my phone)

20230509_104846.jpg

20230509_104828.jpg

Babies are doing well ^•^ Letting things dry out for a day or so got them appropriately thirsty, and I gave them a trickle around the perimeter. It's very neat to be able to watch them react to this on the vod play back, it gives me a really great idea of what will happen when I take various actions. It's so nice that I picked up a higher resolution camera so I can spy on them more clearly lol 😆 (these pictures are from my phone)

20230509_104846.jpg

20230509_104828.jpg
Very nice pictures. Nice and clear.

Babies are growing :) I can definitely tell where I damaged the over watered Green Crack baby now, but that's ok, I learned very important things from their comparative states here.

Fatso is leaning a little so I remembered to turn the breeze fan on, it seems strong enough for now, just a little sideways (like me :>)

however they grow I'm sure I'll enjoy what comes of it, especially since Fatso is one of my favorite strains; it's like a vanilla fudge, I can feel myself fattening up when I vape this stuff lmao I love it

20230511_090011.jpg

20230511_085931.jpg

20230511_085705.jpg

20230511_085638.jpg

After thinking about why Fatso was getting leggy, I looked closer at all the stuff in my setup and found my light position and power were lacking, resulting in Fatso stretching out to compensate for my bad parenting. I rotated fatso's pot, gave her some toothpicks for support, and adjusted all my stuff accordingly.

I don't mind all the hiccups, including killing seeds during germination attempts prior to these guys, because I'm definitely learning a ton by seeing what happens when you make these mistakes; it internalizes better for me. I'm only growing for my own supply, so as long as the mistakes aren't fatal, my margin is still $Texas lol 😆 I have more seeds to learn more with, including some Tropicana Cookies photos I will be saving for after I finish getting my feet wet with the autos I have.

These little babies are teaching me a lot about things I've been thinking about in my own body recently: breathing. It doesn't shock me in the least that one of the most damaging things you can do to them is impair their ability to breathe by overwatering at basically every stage. This is a wonderful time to have such a relevant hobby with such nice rewards 😁

Fatso's stem straightened out very quickly under better conditions, I was able to pull away the toothpicks this morning after only setting them yesterday afternoon sometime. She's perking up more than this image shows now, but we can see where the stem is stronger here :> I'm glad I could help my plant even though I caused the problem in the first place lol 😆

20230512_071033.jpg

Side note: having the grow cam is SO useful as a new grower, I can skip through footage and see how everything I do impacts the plants, making comparisons to previous states to understand what they look like when X or Y happens over the course of a day or even a couple of hours, without having to rely solely on my memory or taking a million pictures. I love living in the future sometimes.

Fatso's stem straightened out very quickly under better conditions, I was able to pull away the toothpicks this morning after only setting them yesterday afternoon sometime. She's perking up more than this image shows now, but we can see where the stem is stronger here :> I'm glad I could help my plant even though I caused the problem in the first place lol 😆

20230512_071033.jpg
They look great

They look great
Thank you!

In accordance with Emilya's auto watering thread, I gave the green crack baby a solid watering today, having reached 4 inches diameter in its 12 inch pot.

By Monday I should have my GeoFlora nutrients; for now I'm letting them just use the Ocean Forest they're lounging in for food. Fatso being a few uncounted days behind (3-5?), she's still getting the top moistening. Let's see what happens now that the sun is close enough to the ground for them! 😂

20230512_113046.jpg

20230512_113027.jpg

Growth! Green Crack got its first full water yesterday (other than my overage mistakes anyway), and Fatso got it today. They both seem to like it, dipping a bit as they drank it up and subsequently perking up later and greening up more. It's neat to watch :)

20230513_131955.jpg

20230513_131936.jpg

babies getting bigger :3

My friend let me know that the spots on green crack were spots from getting burnt through water, so I realized my lights were way too high and adjusted accordingly. So far so good. I grabbed one of the cheap reliable lux meters from Amazon to do par conversion, and adjusting to just the suggestions in the manual for now (I gotta remember not to go all Tool Time on things just because I'm excited by shinies) has improved general environmental conditions, and subsequently made them happier :)

20230517_153428.jpg

20230517_153418.jpg

Back
Top Bottom