Misty Green's Indoor Coco Lemon Potion & LSD Autoflower Grow Journal, 2019

@Mayne @Alafornia @DrDoob @Barney86 @CADBOY @scrogster @VetSmoke85

hey guys, a quick update...and an important question. no long speeches today, just in and out.

i'm a little concerned about both plants. they're showing rusty leaves, and i'm not sure whether this is a nute deficiency or from overfeeding...was hoping you could shed light on this issue.

both plants seem very healthy. the LSD is chunking up nicely, and though the Lemon isn't budding, it's growing strongly.

anyhow, could someone please offer an opinion about what's causing this?

does it look like light burn? cal-mag deficiency? nute burn from overfeeding?

i've been reducing the MC and calmag in the LSD plant lately, and supplementing it with Bud Explosion. feeding it a gallon of water every 2nd or 3rd day, about 2g of MC per gallon, 2 mL of cal-mag, 1.5g of Bud Explosion.

the Lemon plant has been getting about 3-4 mL of cal-mag per gallon, about 2g of MC per gallon, feeding every 2nd or 3rd day (depending on whether the pot is light or heavy).

the light is about 18" over the canopy, tent temps consistently 74-78 degrees now, about 40-50% humidity.

20191011_000656.jpg

20191011_000708.jpg

thanks guys :)

<3 misty
HEY MISTY, long time chick, sorry i didnt see this Oct1 post, been out of the weed loop, they look pretty good, nice fruits, but you need MAG aka epsom salt. When in flower mood, first half of the flower cycle, she wants cal-mag, second half of the flower cycle, drop cal, and use just MAG, right thru finish. Its wont change any leafs that are damaged, but your new leafs on the buds wont look like this anymore. The purple stem is also a mag deficiency. very important to ALWAYS add mag, straight thru the entire grow. Remember the PPM thresold we talked about at the start? get your PPMs to 200 with MAG, and the rest ( 350-400PPM total) at this stage, add the MC..

But let me say, she looks great for your first run, growing has learning curves, its just the way it is. Each grow you get better and better, AS LONG AS YOU KEEP NOTES< LOL.. crazy bummer about the non-auto, that has to be annoying to say the least,

And seen your getting the dryer, awesome!! I never did get a chance to get one, because i just dont grow anymore, dont smoke anymore daily, ( 1-2 tokes at a party bonfire every 3rd week,) nothing in my life to even think i smoked all day everyday for 25 years, lol, except for the Berner Music that i only listen too,lol..

Take care, i will drop thru periodicly, to see how things worked out for sure,

@Mayne @DrDoob @Alafornia @Barney86

well guys, i chopped yesterday evening. tbh i think it's mixed news =/ but i'll let you decide that. this is my first run.

so, i flushed for the past week mon, weds, and thurs. i put 4 gallons of ph'd water through her each day. no probs there. the buds were big and thick and chunky and solid (most of them, anyway). the biggest cola was taller and thicker than a soda can.

after thurs morning i left it, wanting the soil to dry out a bit before the friday night harvest.

well...when i opened the tent on friday evening, the buds looked like they'd SHRUNK. the leaves were velvety and soft, and the buds looked like they'd shrunk by about 35-50% =(

the soil was also bone-dry.

first i was gonna give her a bunch of ph'd water to revitalize her, but then i thought "well, why pump her full of water again if she's already been drying a day? it's already started drying, might as well go with it now". so i cut the branches and hung them in the tent.

total darkness, about 45-50% humidity, about 60-68 degrees temp. little fan is blowing against the wall, not directly at them. exhaust fan is on Medium setting.

i was hoping to harvest chunky, solid buds...but now they seem to be soft, fluffy, and weak. i was SO proud of myself, too...i thought "wow, i did AMAZING for a first time!! i rock!"

now it seems like there's only gonna be this light, airy bud =/ it DOES reek like skunk, which is a good thing. and i know buds always lose size and weight when they start drying. but did i leave it a day too long? did they start drying while still in the pot? is that ok?

please tell me whether this is normal. in all the trimming/drying videos i watched, the guys were always cutting the branches and they had heavy, thick buds on them, and the leaves were green and strong...not soft and velvety =/

please let me know...did i totally mess this up on literally the LAST day of the grow?? =(

now the plan is:

1. let them hang dry for another 24 hours.
  2. check tomorrow night--if they're dry enough, i can trim off the leaves.
  3. leave hanging for another 3-4 days, checking each day for the "snap" in the big branches.
  4. once they "snap" but don't break, cut off the buds and put them in my cute blue mason jars.
  5. stash them in the linen closet where it's cool and dark.
  6. open the jars 2-3 times a day for a week.
  7. open the jars 1 time a day for another week.
  8. hope for the best..?

EDIT: i didn't snap any pics because i sorta panicked. i wanted to get them cut and hung right away. if they were drying in the pot for a day, i felt like i needed to get them into Dry Mode asap before they started getting bud rot or mold or mildew or whatever else =/

<3 misty

Misty, I don't have an answer for your question but I'm proud for you getting this grow finished.

Richardson was, I think we've decided that the seed bank you mention is not in the same ballpark as the sponsors on 420 Magazine. I'd go with one of the sponsors and I'm sorry for ever mentioning the name of that other seed bank.

@DrDoob thanks for the advice :)

@Alafornia thanks!! starting my new grow and journal on Monday.

<3 misty

You came hell of a ways from your 1st post to now Misty, be proud that you have grown your own medication. As with anything in life, practice makes perfect and learn from the last grows. I bet this next grow will be epic and you will have great success.

Well done @missty80 :yahoo: I'm sure the buds will be fine. I harvested one of mine on Friday night too. Let her dry out before the chop and she was flopping around all over the place. The first few grows are all about learning and you've done a great job getting the plant to harvest. Enjoy the sense of achievement.
Here's my drying tent now. Can't wait to sample the goods.
IMG_20191026_002037_DRO.jpg

@CADBOY thanks so much for your support!! actually, after i did the trim the buds look MUCH better now :) there are a couple little airy ones, mostly from the side branches, but the main colas look pretty thick and nice, lots of orange hairs and def a skunky aroma :)

@VetSmoke85 thanks too! your buds look great. as i told cadboy above, after trimming the buds look much better now. all those loose leaves were making them look scraggly and shitty, but i followed Nebula's trimming advice and they look pretty great now ;)

i'm very lucky. the room with the grow tent is (somehow...magically?) 40-43% humidity and about 69-70 degrees without any humidifiers, dehumidifiers, or anything...that's just the room's natural ambient temperature. what a lucky break, right? :)

my mom has to keep both doors shut tight or else the house would reek like skunk, but she's SO HAPPY! if this ends up being 2 dry ounces, that's almost $1000 she'll save on weed (here, it's about $60 per 8th from the dispensary). she invested about $600 on the equipment and seeds (she bought like 30 seeds), so she's already ahead of the game by saving $$$.

i think they'll be done drying by weds...i'm waiting for the stem "snap" without it being brittle, then i pluck the buds and pop 'em in my awesome blue mason jars.

i've already started germinating the Strawberry Cheesecake auto seeds (freebies from Seedsman, and it sounds amazing) and the Tonic Ryder, so by weds they should be ready for the solo cups and the start of a new grow journal :)

i'll keep this thread open until the cure is done, so you guys can see the finished product. expect an update in about 5-6 weeks when the curing is complete. i plan on leaving it all in the jar so it can continue curing, but my mom needs her meds so she can't wait the whole 3-4 months for it to "deep cure"...

thanks so much for your support :)

<3 misty

@Richardson was good idea.

i got my first seeds from Pacific Seed Bank. one turned out ok...the other was an auto that never flowered.

they refunded my entire purchase, which was nice. but do check out Seedsman!! better prices, a HUGE selection, plus they guarantee they ONLY sell authentic breeders' seeds. so you're totally getting what you pay for, and not some knockoff seed that's god-knows-what.

plus they have kickass freebies!! i'm only ever buying from Seedsman in the future. we bought our second round of seeds from them, and we're 100% satisfied.

tip: use Zelle for speedy delivery and be sure to follow their instructions exactly. i got my seeds in about 10 days because Zelle delivers the $$ right away, so no waiting for money orders to clear or anything. tbh, i got my Seedsman seeds from Spain faster than i got my Pacific seeds from CA!

<3 misty

wow I totally forgot to check in and tell you guys how it went o_O

trimming is rough but the bud seems to be curing well :) my mom says it tastes good and it's pretty strong, so I'd say it was a success.

it was 2.4 dry oz ;) not bad.

here's some pics. I'm starting the new journal once the plants show their first leaves, so tune in :)

the orange hairs seem to fall off kinda easy...not sure if I overdried a little bit or what happened with that...but I'm gonna try to avoid that with the next crop. suggestions?

20191108_133951.jpg
20191101_142538.jpg

20191118_111607.jpg

I also got about 4g of bubble hash from the trim. she's saving that for Christmas!

20191110_152716.jpg

Back
Top Bottom