MGD420 Grow Journal: Jan 2022

Thanks for that Vet. Let me know what you find as I might also be interested in buying some of the same and giving it a try.

i know a few folk who have gotten the 10kg bag and split it with others. every once in a while it pops up on kijij too when someone sells off a bunch or moves to another system.

you're doing busters with the AN. as long as the ph issue doesn't raise it's head use them til they are done. no sense wasting them.

I plan on using them until they're done, wasted too much on buying different nutrients that I ended up not using or giving away. I gave around 7 litres of the canna a&b to a mate as they like using that. Still have around 16 litres of canna aqua vega and flora a&b there that will probably never get used as its for recirculated setups and as I never intended on using the AN nutrients again I gave away the 3/4 of a litre of big bud and a litre of overdrive away to another mate.
look in to jacks. there's a couple different lines, but jack's 321, is very close and exceptionally effective. neither are sponsors though, which is a bit of a piss off. they should really sponsor.

i like to give geo-flora and a few other sponsors nutes a try, but its' the same here. just can't get it.

I'll look into jacks aswell and see if it's available here. Again a lot of the sponsors will be more US and Canadian based, even if they do ship to the UK the shipping costs could be substantial but I would be willing to pay extra if the nutrients are good and will last more than just 2 or 3 grows. Paying higher shipping costs would still work out cheaper in the long run if I don't need to buy every few months.

i know a few folk who have gotten the 10kg bag and split it with others. every once in a while it pops up on kijij too when someone sells off a bunch or moves to another system.

I'll look into the actual costs of shipping and try work out how much more cost effective it is as I'm sure MC still ship even buying from the US portal as I noticed on their website it says
Out of stock for most items until May 2021
Order directly from USA site for quick delivery.

Although it's referring to last year, they might still ship to UK from the USA portal.

I plan on using them until they're done, wasted too much on buying different nutrients that I ended up not using or giving away. I gave around 7 litres of the canna a&b to a mate as they like using that. Still have around 16 litres of canna aqua vega and flora a&b there that will probably never get used as its for recirculated setups and as I never intended on using the AN nutrients again I gave away the 3/4 of a litre of big bud and a litre of overdrive away to another mate.

i'd try use up the nutes you have if possible. can't tell you how many times i've dropped a line and had to give stuff away or get peanuts for it. it simply gets too costly. that's the biggest reason i settled on the nute i'm using. got tired of chasing stuff

all of the AN supplements can be used with other bottle nutes, and even a lot of organics. even if you run out of the base nutes you can still get use out of the other stuff.

I'll look into jacks aswell and see if it's available here. Again a lot of the sponsors will be more US and Canadian based, even if they do ship to the UK the shipping costs could be substantial but I would be willing to pay extra if the nutrients are good and will last more than just 2 or 3 grows. Paying higher shipping costs would still work out cheaper in the long run if I don't need to buy every few months.

when it comes to nutes they are pretty well all US based. there's a bunch of stuff i can't get. the seed sponsors are far more international. it's way easier to ship a few seeds.

one of the reasons i gave up on bottle nutes was always running out of a single part of 3 or more bottle system. then getting dragged deeper in to the expense as you replace them.

i'd try use up the nutes you have if possible. can't tell you how many times i've dropped a line and had to give stuff away or get peanuts for it. it simply gets too costly. that's the biggest reason i settled on the nute i'm using. got tired of chasing stuff
Definitely, I've wasted more money on nutrients than anything else. If I can get a nutrient line that works well for all my needs then I would stick to it but being a newbie im still sussing part of that out. Preferably what other members use here would make it easier to get the help and advice needed regarding nutrients if more people are using and know a specific brand.

all of the AN supplements can be used with other bottle nutes, and even a lot of organics. even if you run out of the base nutes you can still get use out of the other stuff.
I'm just not sure with the canna aqua vega and flores if it would be any good for using with hempy. It's a 4 part nutrient line meant for recirculated systems.
The vega is a 2 part for Veg and the flores 2 part for flower. I could probably use the AN boosters alongside that as I'm guessing there would be more of those leftover once the base nutes have run out.

when it comes to nutes they are pretty well all US based. there's a bunch of stuff i can't get. the seed sponsors are far more international. it's way easier to ship a few seeds.

I've noticed that, just some nutrient lines are more easily available like the AN nutrients. Canna are Europe based and quite a well respected brand within the UK growing commuities thats why I originally went with canna but never really gave them a proper try and due to my inexperience picked the wrong line for my intended grow so I might go back to them but pick the nutrients that are specific to growing in hempy type grows.

one of the reasons i gave up on bottle nutes was always running out of a single part of 3 or more bottle system. then getting dragged deeper in to the expense as you replace them.

Funny you say that. I noticed the same with the AN nutrients that I seem to be going through more grow than micro and bloom even though it's identical amounts that get used and actually wondered if there is less in their grow 1 litre bottles than there is in the micro and bloom.
After checking the unopened bottles I have in the cupboard it appears to be the case, the grow is substantially lighter than the other two bottles and in the opened bottles there's substantially more liquid.

Grow 1L - Net weight 1kg
Micro 1L - Net weight 1.1kg
Bloom 1L - Net weight 1.1kg

Maybe I'm just being a bit thick and simple here but i thought a litre was still a litre regardless of how much it weighed.

Not too worried about it as I've only noticed it on this one leave and the plants overall look relatively healthy but just want to know what this is, what could be the cause.
I'm asking more as I want to learn more about my plants and if I'm not asking questions then I'll never know.

20220329_145449.jpg
Nute splash?

Maybe I'm just being a bit thick and simple here but i thought a litre was still a litre regardless of how much it weighed.

you use differing amounts over the course of the grow. one or two will always be getting used more than the others.

you use differing amounts over the course of the grow. one or two will always be getting used more than the others.

I understand what your saying that you might use more of one thing in veg, more of another in flower but if following AN feed charts it's not the case.
The amount needed between the micro, grow, bloom regardless of what stage the plants are at always stays the same for each part.
If its 1, 2, 3, 4 or 20ml per litre for micro its the same for grow and bloom. Their boosters, sensi calmag etc stays the same throughout the entire grow aswell at 2ml per litre if following their feed chart. It never deviates.

I understand what your saying that you might use more of one thing in veg, more of another in flower but if following AN feed charts it's not the case.
The amount needed between the micro, grow, bloom regardless of what stage the plants are at always stays the same for each part.
If its 1, 2, 3, 4 or 20ml per litre for micro its the same for grow and bloom. Their boosters, sensi calmag etc stays the same throughout the entire grow aswell at 2ml per litre if following their feed chart. It never deviates.

they messed with the formula again. previous feed charts called for mixing different amounts of all three parts throughout the grow. the amounts of each changed as the plant hit development stages, they were never equal to each other.

I'm guessing if it's nothing to do with nutrients or anything else I've done as a grower and if caused by a natural mutation it's unavoidable and would happen anyway ?
oh yeah that pic is nothing. leaf is just throwing a genetic expression.

they messed with the formula again. previous feed charts called for mixing different amounts of all three parts throughout the grow. the amounts of each changed as the plant hit development stages, they were never equal to each other.

Maybe something to do with the pH perfect thing. Who knows. In all honesty I don't get it either. Seems more wasteful.
I can see what your saying where upping certain parts throughout the grow depending on what the plants would need more of when in different stages of veg or flower.

The "Advanced" feeding schedule uses different amounts for each stage.

The "Beginner" ;) feeding schedule is equal amounts.

I never did get the hang of the advanced and just went with 1/1/1..

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom