MGD420 First Grow: Autos

For my next grow I'm thinkin of trying SOG
I got 8 og kush an 1 bubble kush ,I think put em in 4 litre pots an stick em in half the tent, thinkin each plant 1 main cola at around an ounce,,,
There all photos at maybe 4 weeks veg then flip
Any thoughts :hug:

For my next grow I'm thinkin of trying SOG
I got 8 og kush an 1 bubble kush ,I think put em in 4 litre pots an stick em in half the tent, thinkin each plant 1 main cola at around an ounce,,,
There all photos at maybe 4 weeks veg then flip
Any thoughts :hug:

Pretty pointless asking for my input buddy, this is my first grow so I've no experience whatsoever. I'm sure someone on here with more experience could give you some good advice though.

How are the ladies liking the new space? Are they starting to stack up flowering sites?
They seem to be happy enough, plant 3 doesn't look as well as the other two but they all have a good few bud sites showing but I haven't had a lot of time to spend around them today as have been busy taking the 2x4 tent out the cupboard and building shelfing inside the walk in cupboard so I had somewhere to put my stuff.
In order to fit the 4x4 into my bedroom I had to dismantle a 3x3 wardrobe and rearrange the room so the place was a complete shit hole with things lying all over the place.
I decided to put the wardrobe to good use and built shelfing inside the cupboard so I could store my things, the shelfing for clothes and personal things and the right hand side for storing growing equipment and other things.

20210222_040559.jpg

20210222_040447.jpg

20210222_040437.jpg

20210222_040423.jpg

20210222_002614.jpg

20210222_002533.jpg

Nice job on the shelves mate :thumb:

Gotta admit I'm drooling over that tent u got there ,plenty of room for all the necessary crap that goes along with running a perfect environment for those beauty's u got there ,
:blunt:

Nice work with the new tent. The plants look great and will thrive in there. The mycelium you're seeing is probably trichaderma. Lots of coco coir is inoculated with it as beneficial for roots. For mushroom growing it's a nightmare and that's why you have to sterilise or pasteurise the coir before spawning to bulk. Otherwise the trich overpowers the cubensis mycelium. Trich will grow green mould in the right conditions.

Nice job on the shelves mate :thumb:

Gotta admit I'm drooling over that tent u got there ,plenty of room for all the necessary crap that goes along with running a perfect environment for those beauty's u got there ,
:blunt:
Thanks bud.
I'll be looking at putting the tent up the loft after this grow for the space as its almost non existent in the room with the tent being there, the plants have more space than i do.
Humidity is still high if the dehumidifier is turned off in the bigger tent and its nearly impossible to sleep at night with it turned on as it's quite loud.

Nice work with the new tent. The plants look great and will thrive in there. The mycelium you're seeing is probably trichaderma. Lots of coco coir is inoculated with it as beneficial for roots. For mushroom growing it's a nightmare and that's why you have to sterilise or pasteurise the coir before spawning to bulk. Otherwise the trich overpowers the cubensis mycelium. Trich will grow green mould in the right conditions.
Thanks bud.
Yea when I first seen the stuff on top of the coco I straight away thought it was mould, glad it's not though. Haven't noticed any more since the last time.
Hopefully the plants do great, I've ordered another light but have read elsewhere the mars hydro SP3000 will more than adequately cover a 4x4 grow space but mars hydro say best suited for 2x4 - 3x3 during flower so want to make sure the plants are getting the light they need. The humidity is still high in the new tent, and will creep up to around 70% whenever the dehumidifier is off and can't sleep with the dehumidifier on at night.
Any suggestions to help lower the humidity at night when the dehumidifier gets turned off ?

Only thing I can think of is increasing the rate of air exchange.

I've tried that aswell, not sure what it is. Maybe the house environment. Another issue I have is the tent is in my bedroom and have neighbours below me so can't have fans, dehumidifier going full pelt all the time either.
Once I get this grow over and get the tent in the loft hopefully I can stop worrying about the noise and manage to dial the environment in a bit better but as of now I don't know exactly why the humidity sits so high

humidity will drop like a stone once you vent to outdoor. if you are venting anywhere indoor you are just creating a closed loop. the humidity you move just gets sucked back in to the grow area.

the dehum will help but it will never stay ahead of the ambient rh while the grow is internally vented.

they look good. be ready for a nice harvest.

Thanks bluter, the exhaust vents into the same room, the tent is next to a window which I've opened but at the same time don't want to be venting too much outside from the bedroom window as recently there's been a fair few flyovers with helicopters, not sure if its cops, electricity companies but don't want to chance my luck.
The humidity stays around 45% with the dehumidifier on but as soon as its off it creeps back up to 60+ then at night it can sometimes go to about 70%

I'm on the top flat at 4 storey's High,,im situated in a police copter freeway ,,
I leave bedroom window open all day n night an just aim exhaust in general direction of window, it keeps it under 70 rh at night an leaving tent door open just enuff it helps cool things down to a comfortable 23-25°c it also helps keeping humidity during the day to the high 40s an low 50s

Anyway I often see police copters just circling with hi beams on an god knows what other gadgets they using to run somebody down,,,
An the leccy u use for tent cut out something electrical with a similar power usage that way u got no rise in your leccy bill,,its wot I did cut out stoopid freezer in hall cupboards an stopped using heaters on high setting,,
I know that's how a lot of people have been caught "unusual electricity consumption "
:ciao:

I'm on the top flat at 4 storey's High,,im situated in a police copter freeway ,,
I leave bedroom window open all day n night an just aim exhaust in general direction of window, it keeps it under 70 rh at night an leaving tent door open just enuff it helps cool things down to a comfortable 23-25°c it also helps keeping humidity during the day to the high 40s an low 50s

Anyway I often see police copters just circling with hi beams on an god knows what other gadgets they using to run somebody down,,,
An the leccy u use for tent cut out something electrical with a similar power usage that way u got no rise in your leccy bill,,its wot I did cut out stoopid freezer in hall cupboards an stopped using heaters on high setting,,
I know that's how a lot of people have been caught "unusual electricity consumption "
:ciao:

I'm on the second floor, 4 in a block.
Last thing I want to do is leave the window open any more than an inch or so for two reasons, firstly security, a few shifty characters around and second reason I sleep in the same room so the room would be stone cold at night.
I've had the window open more or less all day and when I got back I turned the dehumidifier off and emptied it, haven't turned it back on and the humidity is sitting at a steady 48% as I type this so it definitely is helping but the room is quite cold the now with the breeze coming through the window.
Just the past few months I've heard and seem the helicopters flying over late at night so I've been a bit more cautious, could be nothing, possibly jist noticing it more because I'm growing where as before I wouldn't have paid much attention.
I have heard of folk being busted through electricity usage but I think that's when it's to the extremes and not just a few plants, couple of lights etc. I know to some extent the national grid use helicopters to inspect the power lines and if they see houses/buildings with suspicious heat signatures especially in winter they report it and leave it to the police to investigate.
My leccy bill will have definitely went up but then I'm never in the house during the day watching tv, lights on etc so that probably lowers it slightly

My other SP3000 light came today so had to get it all sorted and set up so thought I would upload some new pics of the setup and the girls.
A little project for when I've got some free time is to eventually make an aluminium bracket that joins both lights together so that they can be adjusted parallel to each other either up or down, closer or further away from each other and also tilted using 2 ratchet ropes rather than 4.
I placed the ac infinity monitor at the side of the tent along with the speed controller for the 2 small 6" monkey fans and the remote for the big fan that blows down on the plants, so it's easier to control all the fans and see temp/humidity at night when I'm in bed.

20210223_152712.jpg

20210223_175140.jpg

20210223_175207.jpg

20210223_220850.jpg

20210223_225738.jpg

20210223_214554.jpg
20210223_214614.jpg

Your bushes are looking great man. Really filling out the new space. I can't wait to see what kind of yield you end up with. Looks like they're gonna be frosty as hell by the time they're mature! Some tight nodes on those branches.

Your bushes are looking great man. Really filling out the new space. I can't wait to see what kind of yield you end up with. Looks like they're gonna be frosty as hell by the time they're mature! Some tight nodes on those branches.

Thanks scrump. You and me both, don't think I've got long now until I find out. The tallest plant is the furthest along at least by the looks of things

I gave the plants a little prune and a feed but while putting the plants back in the tent and fixing the hygrometer and sensor at the top of the tent for the ac infinity fan a couple of small dehumidifier packs that were sitting high up fell and snapped 2 or 3 of the branches on the biggest plant . I've propped the branches up and hopefully they will heal them selves.

A couple of new pics of how the biggest plant is coming along. Pics were taken before the branches got snapped.

20210301_015540.jpg

20210301_015532.jpg

20210301_015527.jpg

20210301_015520.jpg

Back
Top Bottom