MGD420 First Grow: Autos

I haven't had a proper look at the ducting and ventilation system up in the loft but I'm sure there is something similar to an inline fan attached to the system that pulls air through it next to the loft hatch, almost directly above the room the tent is in.
inlines are most commonly used in an exhaust app. you don't have to force incoming as a general rule. unless you're living in a jar lol.

you'll figure it out. just choose any method to external. :)

here's a simple graphic for illustration.

full

note the external wall. that is how a grow space should be set.

left-hand example best. same as how you drive over here.
see.... ? you kinda got an offhand win there .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

edit : took three tries to edit that correct lol. i'm doing dishes and working on clones at the same time lol..

where is your space located ? on an upper / middle / basement level ?

i'm not as familiar with your external furnace ducting, there are ways to t in to it here i know of. all the stuff is at any popular hardware chain.

a popular choice is to use clothing dryer ducting, or tie in to the existing dryer ducting.
if you have kitchen exhaust to external you can tie in to that as well. pretty much any hvac going through the roof or the side of a wall will work.

It's a 4 in a block. My house is a single level on the top floor then I have the loft above which is just empty space. The loft covers my entire house end to end.
Again there is no dryer ducting for venting to the outside, in the old house there was vents in the wall but this house doesn't.
In order to use the vent in the kitchen I would need to cut through the ceiling to pull the ducting down into the kitchen which would be an eyesore and noticeable to anybody that had to look in the kitchen area.

i'm pretty sure the missus is gonna shut down an internally vented grow forever at the 2 plant size or so.
she's gonna know one fer sure, and two may be pushing .. :laughtwo:

inlines are most commonly used in an exhaust app. you don't have to force incoming as a general rule. unless you're living in a jar lol.

you'll figure it out. just choose any method to external. :)

here's a simple graphic for illustration.

full

note the external wall. that is how a grow space should be set.

left-hand example best. same as how you drive over here.
see.... ? you kinda got an offhand win there .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

edit : took three tries to edit that correct lol. i'm doing dishes and working on clones at the same time lol..
The left pic is how my grow is set up. The fan and filter are inside the tent and the ducting goes outside the tent. Just the ducting doesn't go through an external wall to outside

Thats how its setup just now.

20210213_001541.jpg
20210213_001550.jpg

it'll work for veg.

as they get larger they will transpire more. as they hit flower they'll be throwing a lot.
i'm not saying you definitely have to do anything.

i'm saying you are certainly going to learn..

everyone does. me as well :laughtwo:

20210213_172613.jpg
chemdawg with gentle lst an leaf manipulation :passitleft:
20210213_172604.jpg

Gorilla shizzle with lst
20210213_172657.jpg
20210213_172642.jpg

Top is a bio diesel mass 28 days old an starting to show a couple of pre flowers
An ak47 35 days old showing nice big fat pistils :ganjamon:

I vent into the cupboard but my tent is small and the cupboard door is open most of time, as are the bedroom windows. So I just get away with it. If I owned the house I'd cut through the outer wall to vent there.

I vent into the cupboard but my tent is small and the cupboard door is open most of time, as are the bedroom windows. So I just get away with it. If I owned the house I'd cut through the outer wall to vent there.

I don't own my house either so there's only so much I could get away with where cutting into internal walls, ceilings etc go.

So I decided instead of all the farting about with trying to figure out a way to lower humidity, I'm just going to remove the plants from the cupboard and have ordered myself a 120 x 120 x 200 cm tent to give them a bit more room and have bought a 15L dehumidifier with I've tried and it lowers the humidity to around 45% which will be perfect for flowering.

So I decided instead of all the farting about with trying to figure out a way to lower humidity, I'm just going to remove the plants from the cupboard and have ordered myself a 120 x 120 x 200 cm tent to give them a bit more room and have bought a 15L dehumidifier with I've tried and it lowers the humidity to around 45% which will be perfect for flowering.
Lost track so consumed with journals... Nice to see your getting some flowering. I have horrible humidity. I haven't had to turn on dehumidifier yet but as they get bigger and I want humidity lower I will be running dehumidifier none stop outside tent. I vent into same room kinda. It's in a small room off a small den with a gas fireplace I use to heat grow. I leave door open. I control everything from outside tent. I've only had my T6 on 1 in veg. It's actually been difficult to get humidity up over 60% for veg. As I am starting to flower I will turn T6 up until humidity is optimal. By the end of grow I will have T6 on 10 keeping things under 50%. Fingers are crossed that what ever you decide works well.

So here is what I'm having to deal with at the moment. Bushy plants and not enough room and high humidity

This is what the humidity sits at when the tent is open and both dehumidifiers turned off

20210215_232549.jpg
20210215_232536.jpg

When the tent is closed the humidity sits between 60 and 70+ so I decided to buy a big dehumidifier but as you can see there is barely any room in the tent and the plants are almost on top of each other.

20210215_234016.jpg

20210215_231119.jpg

20210215_231103.jpg

In 7 hours the dehumidifier tank was pretty much filled. Roughly 2.3L of water.
20210215_231201.jpg

Lost track so consumed with journals... Nice to see your getting some flowering. I have horrible humidity. I haven't had to turn on dehumidifier yet but as they get bigger and I want humidity lower I will be running dehumidifier none stop outside tent. I vent into same room kinda. It's in a small room off a small den with a gas fireplace I use to heat grow. I leave door open. I control everything from outside tent. I've only had my T6 on 1 in veg. It's actually been difficult to get humidity up over 60% for veg. As I am starting to flower I will turn T6 up until humidity is optimal. By the end of grow I will have T6 on 10 keeping things under 50%. Fingers are crossed that what ever you decide works well.

The big dehumidifier definitely works well.
There really isn't much room in my tent for the dehumidifier and if I use it outside the tent the humidity still stays higher than I want it. Can't really afford to have the tent and cupboard doors wide open incase the smell starts creeping through the house as I have neighbours below me and through the wall from me.
When I first started the grow I was using damp towels on coat hangers inside the tent to raise the humidity that worked quite well then I bought the humidifier but stopped using it as the humidity was rising way too high after 10 - 20 mins but the bigger the plants got the humidity started rising anyway.

Just about to make a post with some pics of the plants and what I'm dealing with until the tent comes, the amount of water I've pulled out the tent in 7 hours is crazy.

No room for sure!!! There won't be any room for anything in a wee or two... Plants look great!! keep lots of air on them.

Hopefully the 4x4 tent will help with having double the space once it gets delivered but will need to rearrange the room to make the tent fit. I've had the fans going constantly to try keep the air around the plants.

Without any gadgets or gizmos I get a comfortable 40% -60% which for now I can live with,,im hoping the purchase of a carbon filter will help reduce it under 40% ,
Have u tried your local spar for their cheap ass little plastic dehumidifier for a quid u could try half a dozen or so, n put em anywhere

Without any gadgets or gizmos I get a comfortable 40% -60% which for now I can live with,,im hoping the purchase of a carbon filter will help reduce it under 40% ,
Have u tried your local spar for their cheap ass little plastic dehumidifier for a quid u could try half a dozen or so, n put em anywhere
Not sure if its partly to do with the tent being in the cupboard and the plants being so bushy or just that the hempy buckets being 20L
I bought the ansio branded ones off amazon, they're pretty much the same thing as the ones that spar will sell. I had about 8 in the tent and they never helped at all, even the small dehumidifier I went out and bought never made much difference

Little update.

So as you all know, I'm waiting on a 4x4 tent being delivered to give the girls some extra space and so I have the room to put the dehumidifier in beside them without it being too cramped but until the tent comes i need to do with what I have and try work around things.

So went to check on the plants last night and took them out the tent to examine and found what looks like mould or something on top of the coco.
Maybe others can chime in and help tell me for definite if this is indeed mould, how to go about treating it and what might have been the cause. Out of the 3 plants 2 of them had this on top of the coco.
20210217_011144.jpg
20210217_011135.jpg
20210217_011130.jpg
20210217_010939.jpg
20210217_010927.jpg

With the humidity being higher and finding what looks like mould I decided to defoliate the plants a bit more to allow more air and light to pass through.

20210217_122902.jpg
20210217_122926.jpg

The experiment.
When I was defoliating I thought I would put a couple of cuttings into some coco and feed them to see if they would take root. I'm guessing they have as they haven't died.

20210217_122945.jpg

Yeah the white stuff is mycelium which u need 4 mould to feed ,,although having mycelium not necessarily a bad thing as certain mycelium is beneficial to plant roots

Yeah the white stuff is mycelium which u need 4 mould to feed ,,although having mycelium not necessarily a bad thing as certain mycelium is beneficial to plant roots
At least its not mould, that's good to hear. Any reason for why there's mycelium on top of the coco ? Is it due to humidity, the amount of water I'm using to feed the plants etc Nutrients I'm using or the environment itself

Back
Top Bottom