MGD420 Grow Journal: Jan 2022

The "Advanced" feeding schedule uses different amounts for each stage.

The "Beginner" ;) feeding schedule is equal amounts.

I never did get the hang of the advanced and just went with 1/1/1..

Cheers

lol. i guess i was advanced ..

all i know is i always had to give it help. for 5 - 10 yrs they were the rave here. they kinda crept closer and closer to crap all the time though. at some point the core group busted off and formed emerald forest.

The "Advanced" feeding schedule uses different amounts for each stage.

The "Beginner" ;) feeding schedule is equal amounts.

I never did get the hang of the advanced and just went with 1/1/1..

Cheers

I use the Advanced budlabs app, everything is in equal amounts regardless of what stage you use.
The feeding schedule is the same for beginner, intermediate, advanced and master.
The only thing that changes with each progression from beginner to master is the supplements and over-all cost, the more experienced the more supplements they expect people to use.

Beginner uses
Micro, grow, bloom
Voodoo, juice
B52
Big Bud
Overdrive

Master uses the entire line up
Micro, grow, bloom
Voodoo juice
B52
Big Bud
Overdrive
Bud candy
Flawless finish
Piranha
Sensizym
Nirvana
Tarantula
Bud ignitor
Rhino skin
Bud factor x

lol. i guess i was advanced ..

all i know is i always had to give it help. for 5 - 10 yrs they were the rave here. they kinda crept closer and closer to crap all the time though. at some point the core group busted off and formed emerald forest.

Their feeding chart is all equal parts throughout all stages, especially their base nutrients.

From week to week you will use different supplements but they still stay equal parts.

Screenshot_20220330-013623_BudLabs.jpg
Screenshot_20220330-013633_BudLabs.jpg
Screenshot_20220330-013643_BudLabs.jpg
Screenshot_20220330-013701_BudLabs.jpg

they seriously watered crap down to get to that. it's the reason to core group left.

you should only ever need base nutes and maybe calmag to bring a killer harvest in. period. with any line.
past that you can play a bit with pk boosters but it's not rocket science. if your not maxing by that point it's something else.

c02 and everything else is just chasing diminishing returns in the margins. it's always the basics that get you home.

Ah, I see. When I started using it the amounts were different depending on which "level" you chose.

In all fairness to Advanced Nutrients, when I started using it I didn't know if or how my well water would effect my grow.

And at the time I wasn't measuring ppm's. When I started measuring and found out I was at 1250, four feedings in a row had burnt my girl, sigh...

But, I backed off and all the damage was easily removed when trimming !

13.2 oz of bud from a Early Miss auto in a 2 gallon plastic pot is not too shabby, eh ?

Betty five 16 Jan 2021 web.jpg

Betty four 16 Jan 2021 web.jpg

Betty one 16 Jan 2021 web.jpg

Betty six 16 Jan 2021 web.jpg

Betty three 16 Jan 2021 web.jpg

Betty two 16 Jan 2021 web.jpg

Cheers

I use the Advanced budlabs app, everything is in equal amounts regardless of what stage you use.
The feeding schedule is the same for beginner, intermediate, advanced and master.
The only thing that changes with each progression from beginner to master is the supplements and over-all cost, the more experienced the more supplements they expect people to use.

Beginner uses
Micro, grow, bloom
Voodoo, juice
B52
Big Bud
Overdrive

Master uses the entire line up
Micro, grow, bloom
Voodoo juice
B52
Big Bud
Overdrive
Bud candy
Flawless finish
Piranha
Sensizym
Nirvana
Tarantula
Bud ignitor
Rhino skin
Bud factor x
All them has had done with same system

they seriously watered crap down to get to that. it's the reason to core group left.

you should only ever need base nutes and maybe calmag to bring a killer harvest in. period. with any line.
Exactly my thoughts.
If you can grow decent plants using the base nutes and one or two other supplements, boosters why the need for all the other recommended shite in between stages. Last time I used their nutrients I got 26 oz from 3 autos. I doubt buying another 20 bottles of their supplements costing 3 - 4 times what I paid previously using what was recommended for the beginner's stage will give me 3 - 4 times as much bud from my plants.

past that you can play a bit with pk boosters but it's not rocket science. if your not maxing by that point it's something else.

If going by their feeding chart, using even the basics it's maxed out. If I mix their sensi calmag at the recommended 2ml per litre, base nutes at 4ml, B52 at 2ml with one of the following Voodoo juice, big bud or rhino skin at 2ml then chances are the ppm's are off the chart and the bluelabs truncheon I have is flashing and lighting up like a Christmas tree.
According to AN the ppm's during flower are in the range of 1000 - 2000 depending on strain, grow media and plants growth stage.
I was even told by one of the AN reps not to worry about ppm's as long as I was following their feeding chart, using the right amount during each phase the plants will be able to handle it.

c02 and everything else is just chasing diminishing returns in the margins. it's always the basics that get you home.

I believe what your saying.

job 1 is light. you can't bottle light. solve that with any decent nute line and you are set.

i don't care who the nute line is. there's hundreds of fantastic ones. and a few that are junk.

job 1 is light. you can't bottle light. solve that with any decent nute line and you are set.

i don't care who the nute line is. there's hundreds of fantastic ones. and a few that are junk.

The light I have now should be sufficient for what I normally grow, now I just need to try grab myself some MC or something similar and do away with the expensive nutes with fancy labels and stickers on the bottle.

Ah, I see. When I started using it the amounts were different depending on which "level" you chose.

I've only used them twice so can only comment on the times I have used them, I wouldn't know if or when they changed things. I just know the feed charts due to using their budlabs app. It has ever feed chart for their entire nutrient line. Makes it easy enough to follow depending on what nutrients your using but like you mentioned their nutrients are on the higher end where ppm's are concerned

In all fairness to Advanced Nutrients, when I started using it I didn't know if or how my well water would effect my grow.

And at the time I wasn't measuring ppm's. When I started measuring and found out I was at 1250, four feedings in a row had burnt my girl, sigh...

But, I backed off and all the damage was easily removed when trimming !

First 3 to 4 weeks if using what AN recommend the ppm's will be up to around 900 - 1000. I know mines were.
AN's own chart say ppms are between 1000 and 2000 ppm depending on grow media, growing phase.

13.2 oz of bud from a Early Miss auto in a 2 gallon plastic pot is not too shabby, eh ?

That's a decent amount from one plant and nice looking bud Chuckeye. When I used them the first time I got 26oz from 3 plants so if it was split evenly it was around 8.6 oz per plant for my first grow. If I get around the same or more this time around I'll be quite happy with that.

All them has had done with same system

You've lost me Dust.
Doesn't matter what system the amounts that AN recommend are equally the same. It's always
1ml per litre on week 1
2ml week 2
4ml week 3 ( dont know why its not 3ml )
4ml week 4 after week 4 it never changes but regardless each part of the base nutrients AN recommend using equal parts at a 1,1,1 ratio
Supplements start at 2ml regardless of week.

I'm not saying they're right and others are wrong, I'm pointing out what AN's feed chart says. It's always based on equal parts regardless of how much you mix, system you use etc.

You've lost me Dust.
Doesn't matter what system the amounts that AN recommend are equally the same. It's always
1ml per litre on week 1
2ml week 2
4ml week 3 ( dont know why its not 3ml )
4ml week 4 after week 4 it never changes but regardless each part of the base nutrients AN recommend using equal parts at a 1,1,1 ratio
Supplements start at 2ml regardless of week.

I'm not saying they're right and others are wrong, I'm pointing out what AN's feed chart says. It's always based on equal parts regardless of how much you mix, system you use etc.
I would think each strain would be different cause one plant might use more of one thing than another would

To be clear, I think we are talking about different things.

You are using their budlabs app and I was using the feeding schedule from their web site.

And it seems to be common knowledge that their recommendations should be cut by half ;)

Cheers

Here's their feed chart from the website thats specific to their micro, grow, bloom nutrients.
Same as what I was saying before. The amounts for each base nutrients stays the same. The only thing that changes from week to week is what Supplements, boosters you feed to the plants.
There is no difference to the budlabs app and their website feed chart as it is advanced nutrients own feeding chart app for all their nutrients not just micro, grow, bloom specific.

url.png

What kind of mutation is this ?
Noticed it on a few leaves on the biggest plant.

20220402_035330.jpg
20220402_035303.jpg
20220402_035233.jpg
20220402_035214.jpg
20220402_035202.jpg
Just a genetic mutation.
Probably derived from one of her parents.
Not a problem.
They look great.

Stay safe
Bill

Here's their feed chart from the website thats specific to their micro, grow, bloom nutrients.
Same as what I was saying before. The amounts for each base nutrients stays the same. The only thing that changes from week to week is what Supplements, boosters you feed to the plants.
There is no difference to the budlabs app and their website feed chart as it is advanced nutrients own feeding chart app for all their nutrients not just micro, grow, bloom specific.

Not sure when they changed it but in Oct 2020 you had a choice with different amounts per growth stage !

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom