MGD420 Grow Journal: Jan 2022

check the bottle. i use a 2-0-0 product and it recommends up to 5ml per gallon.. different amounts at different stages.
you probably won't need that, much but you should bump it. you have to feel it out for yourself.
Thanks for the reply bluter. Appreciate it.

This is whats in the sensi calmag xtra.

Ingredients:
  • Nitrogen (N): 4%
  • Calcium (Ca): 3.2%
  • Magnesium (Mg): 1.1%
  • Iron (Fe): 0.09%
  • Manganese (Mn): 0.05%
  • Zinc (Zn): 0.05%
  • N-P-K: 4-0-0
that's gonna bite you in the ass. those are awful nutes for most applications.

adding calmag is gonna change the ph. it messes with the ph balance with that particular AN line. unfortunately you will have to live with it or change the nutes. it might get super dicey in flower.

The sensi calmag is AN's own calmag. As far as I know it can be used with all their nutrient lines even the pH perfect nutes. When I spoke to them last time it was the rep that said to use it with every feed as the plants are in coco.

It wouldn't be an issue, i can still pH to 5.8 just before feeding and see how things go. Just when the pH is changed it wants to fluctuate back to what it was at when mixed.

i run one periodic to keep the plant healthy or to correct a lockout.
you could run a bit constant to kelp keep the res and root zone happy as it doesn't get a dry cycle. the res is a bit big.

So would you suggest a flush or would I be better off just leaving it, upping the calmag and sticking with the FFFW that was suggested before.

now is when to start a booster. they are going to be tossing a pk ask soon.

Would you know if the B52, Big Bud, Overdrive is a PK Booster.

As far as I'm aware the overdrive is labeled as a PK Booster but the label suggests only using it on the last 2 or 3 weeks before harvest.

i know i hate that line. i'm an AN refugee. it's just gonna drag you down an expensive rabbit hole. just get a decent booster and run it if you go that way. it doesn't have to be their stuff. and it shouldn't matter. unless ph perfect can screw that up too.

i know i hate that line. i'm an AN refugee. it's just gonna drag you down an expensive rabbit hole. just get a decent booster and run it if you go that way. it doesn't have to be their stuff. and it shouldn't matter. unless ph perfect can screw that up too.

AN refugee lol. You've mentioned it a few times that you don't really like their nutrients.
I would agree that they are expensive and they want people to use multiple bottles of their nutes throughout a grow to get the same results as a lot of other nutrients that only need 1 or 2 bottles.

Once I've used the AN nutes up I'm going to try get the MC nutrients. It's just hard to get. Can buy a half pallet or full pallet but not individual bags. At least not at the minute on their website.

Once I've used the AN nutes up I'm going to try get the MC nutrients. It's just hard to get. Can buy a half pallet or full pallet but not individual bags. At least not at the minute on their website.

you can just use the base AN nutes with other compatible boosters etc. you don't have to buy the whole line.

i just don't like the ph perfect as it can interact with other stuff weird. i don't care to figure it out. and their line can get pricey.

i trust the base 3-part line more as the ph issues were less. there are loads of folk who have done great with the ph perfect line, and there are loads who fought with it all the way.

if you were close i'd give you my 3-part AN nutes to try. they were all the rage here, and i don't dislike them. i just found something i think is more cost effective and a bit easier. i've seen some insanely good AN grows. had a couple myself.

Not sure where you are but the Canadian web site has 97 25#bags ;)

I waited for months for the 6.6# bag to be in stock and finally bite the bullet and purchased the larger bag.

Me and two friends have enough for years now !

At roughly the cost of enough AN to grow ~ 6 plants before running out of one or more of the bottles....

Cheers

I'm in the UK Chuckeye. They do deliver to the UK as there's a uk/eu portal but for the past few months they haven't had anything smaller than a half pallet of their all in one 9-6-17 nutrients

you can just use the base AN nutes with other compatible boosters etc. you don't have to buy the whole line.

i just don't like the ph perfect as it can interact with other stuff weird. i don't care to figure it out. and their line can get pricey.

i trust the base 3-part line more as the ph issues were less. there are loads of folk who have done great with the ph perfect line, and there are loads who fought with it all the way.

if you were close i'd give you my 3-part AN nutes to try. they were all the rage here, and i don't dislike them. i just found something i think is more cost effective and a bit easier. i've seen some insanely good AN grows. had a couple myself.

What's their base 3 part base nutrients. It's the micro, grow, bloom 3 part I'm using.

I haven't been able to find any other 3 part. I've seen the sensi grow a and b and sensi bloom a and b but that also says its ph perfect.

My first ever grow journal was with the AN pH perfect I'm using now and had good results, it's the only reason I bought them again but like you mentioned they are expensive.

I'm in the UK Chuckeye. They do deliver to the UK as there's a uk/eu portal but for the past few months they haven't had anything smaller than a half pallet of their all in one 9-6-17 nutrients

they're pissy to track down anywhere over there. you don't have to hang your hat on it though. there's other choices out there as well that work just fine.

AN works good it's just expensive.

i shoot for results, cost effectiveness, simplicity. those are the pillars of self-sufficiency, and hempy.

What's their base 3 part base nutrients. It's the micro, grow, bloom 3 part I'm using.

I haven't been able to find any other 3 part. I've seen the sensi grow a and b and sensi bloom a and b but that also says its ph perfect.

My first ever grow journal was with the AN pH perfect I'm using now and had good results, it's the only reason I bought them again but like you mentioned they are expensive.

so are you on ph perfect or the 3 - part right now ? i'm done guessing.

they're pissy to track down anywhere over there. you don't have to hang your hat on it though. there's other choices out there as well that work just fine.

AN works good it's just expensive.

i shoot for results, cost effectiveness, simplicity. those are the pillars of self-sufficiency, and hempy.

so are you on ph perfect or the 3 - part right now ? i'm done guessing.

Ideally I would prefer to move away from the AN nutes due to price. I've only got 3 grows under my belt, the first grow was with AN and i got good results. I don't mind paying a higher price to get better results but if It can be achieved the same using cheaper methods and less bottles then I wouldn't mind that either.

My second grow was with Canna a and b but had a bad grow, probably had nothing to do with the nutrients themselves just had better results and healthier plants when using AN.

The 3 part I'm using is this

pH-Perfect-Grow-Micro-Bloom.png

Label says its pH perfect technology

I also have these

eng_pm_Sensi-Cal-mag-Xtra-1L-1090_2.jpg
eng_pm_Overdrive-1L-484_2.jpg
eng_pm_Big-Bud-Coco-1L-1095_2.jpg
eng_pl_B-52-1L-472_2.jpg
eng_pm_Voodoo-Juice-1L-502_2.jpg
eng_pm_Rhino-Skin-1L-487_2.jpg

jeebus you bought all that ?

i use a base nute, calmag, and a booster. 3 things. i have h202 hanging about if i feel the need. then some non nute pest control. again, only use if needed.

their ph perfect line used to be a 2-part. i'm more familiar with the 3-part grow/micro/bloom. that was never part of the ph mess up line previous. sad to see it there now..

you're kinda in the weeds.

on a read of the plants though your doing fine. i wouldn't panic. just hold the line and ramp in to flower levels.

edit : ph may or may not screw it up in flower. if it's been running fine til now just stick with it.

that's the dice you roll on that particular line if it works : happiness. wash, rinse. repeat.
if not : sadness, wringing of hands, and re work it. it's never an outright disaster.

jeebus you bought all that ?

i use a base nute, calmag, and a booster. 3 things. i have h202 hanging about if i feel the need. then some non nute pest control. again, only use if needed.

their ph perfect line used to be a 2-part. i'm more familiar with the 3-part grow/micro/bloom. that was never part of the ph mess up line previous. sad to see it there now..

you're kinda in the weeds.

on a read of the plants though your doing fine. i wouldn't panic. just hold the line and ramp in to flower levels.

edit : ph may or may not screw it up in flower. if it's been running fine til now just stick with it.

that's the dice you roll on that particular line if it works : happiness. wash, rinse. repeat.
if not : sadness, wringing of hands, and re work it. it's never an outright disaster.

Yep. At a cost of nearly £200 for the following.
2L micro, grow, bloom 6L total
500ml Voodoo juice
500ml big bud
250ml overdrive
1L rhino skin
1L B52
1L of sensi calmag xtra.

So I'm right in thinking the 3 part base nutes is the same micro, grow, bloom just it's now part of the pH perfect line they sell.

I know they do a few different lines, sensi, connoisseur, OG organic, 3 part like I'm using.

For pest control I have the cannacure.
A couple of different calmags and I'm sure the B52, Big Bud and Overdrive are all boosters.
B52 is meant to be used throughout the grow, big bud throughout flower and overdrive nearer the end, last 2 or 3 weeks.

Other than a couple of leaves here and there on the one plant that has some rusty looking spotting the plants seem to be healthy enough.

It's weird as the first grow journal I used the same sized buckets, same coco/perlite etc and I never really used calmag at all when using the AN Micro, grow, bloom nutes alongside the B52, Voodoo Juice, big bud and overdrive and the plants never really had issues. This time however its been a totally different experience. Only difference was the first grow for the first 3 or 4 weeks I used the canna a and b then changed to the AN nutes, this time around I only used AN.

it costs me 73 gbp for about 5 yrs worth of the nutes i use.

they saw you coming lol.

If the MC nutrients were a lot easier to get hold of here believe me I would have moved to them sooner. The joys of staying in rip off Britain.
Even if the MC nutrients were in stock through their uk/eu portal chances are the shipping costs will be more than the nutrients so its more than likely still going to be more than £73 gbp for me but a whole lot cheaper than the AN nutrients

@InTheShed

He seemed to think your pots wouldn't dry out given their size, but those are some big plants. How often do they need water?

Since you asked i wanted to see how long the plants would go before the buckets felt light enough to lift.
The plants were fed on the 23rd it's now 29th so the plants have literally went 6 days.
I reckon they could probably go another day or so before the buckets felt completely bone dry. I don't want to push it so will be feeding the plants today. But 5 - 6 days seems to be the length of time it takes for the buckets to dry up enough to where the buckets can be lifted easily enough without breaking my back.

Looking good mate. Becoming monsters. I spoke to a good friend (he's in the agricultural fertiliser business) about MC. He pointed me to a product that's very similar. I need to look at it more closely though. Could be worth a try if MC keeps being a pain to get over here.

Looking good mate. Becoming monsters. I spoke to a good friend (he's in the agricultural fertiliser business) about MC. He pointed me to a product that's very similar. I need to look at it more closely though. Could be worth a try if MC keeps being a pain to get over here.

Thanks for that Vet. Let me know what you find as I might also be interested in buying some of the same and giving it a try.
I know there is a seller on ebay selling 9.9kg bags but they're asking £139.47 for a bag. On the greenleaf nutrients website it's priced at €65.05 - £54.95 for 10kg and $110.52 - £84.38 for 11.3kg

Even if the MC nutrients were in stock through their uk/eu portal chances are the shipping costs will be more than the nutrients so its more than likely still going to be more than £73 gbp for me but a whole lot cheaper than the AN nutrients

you're doing busters with the AN. as long as the ph issue doesn't raise it's head use them til they are done. no sense wasting them.

Looking good mate. Becoming monsters. I spoke to a good friend (he's in the agricultural fertiliser business) about MC. He pointed me to a product that's very similar. I need to look at it more closely though.

look in to jacks. there's a couple different lines, but jack's 321, is very close and exceptionally effective. neither are sponsors though, which is a bit of a piss off. they should really sponsor.

i like to give geo-flora and a few other sponsors nutes a try, but its' the same here. just can't get it.

Back
Top Bottom