6x Apple Fritter SIPS & POTS

gazmufc

Apple fritterx6.. 3 sips&3pots LOS

Hey folks
This will be my 4th run. Much improvements are needed for me in this time around, so I've Decided to do a grow journal. Be nice to have some constant advice as I go along this time around. It's been a rough start to this run which I will get into in a bit.

EQUIPMENT I'M USING

Light : Mars hydro 6500e
Tent : 4x4
Intake : Passive
Outlet : Ac infinity cloudray with 69 controller.
Humidifier : Ac Infinity 12lt
X 1 Ac Infinity fan (2nd one will be added later in the grow)
Growing containers : 3 x 20lt buckets with SIP inverts, 2x plastic 20lt pots, and 1 40lt fabric pot.
1 x heatmat to keep the temps up a bit as its pretty cold here right now.
6 x Apple fritter seeds from Garden of green.

Apple Fritter is a 5050 hybird
It has THC content of 30-35%
Indoors it can yield up to 450-550g per m/sq.
I haven't grown this Strain before, so I'm Just screen shot more details about the strain for those who like the reading part.

Screenshot_20240122_113338_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240122_113345_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240122_113405_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240122_113417_com.android.chrome.jpg

Improvements I'm most looking for in this run is harvest final weight and speed of growth.. And then drying and curing..
I have been improving in those area with each run I have done.. Just need to go a bit further now and hopefully I can use the negative experiences as motivation to accomplish better results to time around in all those areas, with yous folks help of course 😜

My last run I only yielded 204g for 5 plants in a 4x4..not great I know. So there's obviously massive room for improvements. Have gone 1 extra plant this time around as well, to try and speed up my Veg time. Last run I had to wait like 11 weeks before I was happy to make the switch. So hopefully this time around that I've added a heatmat to the tent it will hopefully keep the temps in my tent a little higher and speed up the growth in veg for me. So far in just a week it seems to have had a positive affect, but that cud just be me lol

Once I harvested my last run I reamended all the soil, waited a few days and planted cover crop. I then let that cover crop grow for about 10days and chopped it and just left it to break down a bit on the surface. It was 3 weeks before I tried to plant into it again. I tried to plant 5 autos direct into the new soil, but the growth stopped once the roots got out from the less hot pocket of soil I created for them in the centre.

I gave them 4 days to try and recover but they just stopped growing altogether.. It was as if they hit a brick wall!! But there wasn't any burning visible on the leaves. Found it rather strange.

I did make the mistake of not giving the new soil a good rinse through after amending. Thinking to myself, I figured I should of gave a good rinse after the last run to wash out any potential salt build up. I think during flower in last run I may have given a tea and perhaps not diluting it enough.. I guess it's kinda hard to tell exactly what is in excess in your LOS soil or lacking without getting proper soil test. I think I may do that yet. Il see what yall think. It's only like 20e to get samples sent away for a complete breakdown.

After scraping the autos, I decided to give the soil a bit of a flush, convinced it was just a little to hot or to much salt buildup or some shit..i was careful to find the container ms holding capacity, and then just added a bit at a time until I got 500ml of run of from each pot!

At this time I don't have PPm meter, wud of been nice to know what that run off was coming out at. I have got ppm meter now.
I planted the Apple fritter seeds (photos) directly into the pots this, apart from 1..ran out of amendments, he's in a little solo cup right now awaiting for his new home to be constructed lol

Few comments on my soil.
I have been using the same soil for 2yrs now. The Amendedments I'm using are from a UK company called "living soil fertiliser "
The describe themselves as a close to gia green! Tho their feeding schedules and amounts are a bit different. They sell most of their amendments separately. But have now started to bulk them together in a "grow" & "flower" separated mix. For this run I had amended all pots individually and each pot got roughly equal amounts of
EM1 infused bokashi bran
Volcanic rock dust
My corrhizal fungi, Alfalfa meal, mealworm&solider fly frass, wheat bran,
, sewweed dust, Azomite, bio char.

I'm just hoping now that the 500ml of run off hasn't washed out everything. Being a bit paranoid now I got a ppm meter and done a slurry soil test to just try and get a idea of what the pots are packing.
Results were interesting..
I took 5 samples and marked each one, added small glass of destilled water, and gave a good swirl. Let the soil in each glass settle for 30min until I took first readings.. After 30m the PPM in the SIP buckets were 445ppm, after 1hr I took another reading, and they went to 540ppm..

In the 2 pots the PPM were less, coming in at 350ppm and even after taking readings again they hadn't jumped like the SIP samples. I looked up slurry tests, this was as closest I cud do without getting the run off again. Obviously didn't wanna flush it again. What can I determine from these results? Are those PPM readings high or low for LOS? Either way I'm confident there enough in there to get these through the next 2-3 weeks before there first top dressings.

IPM
This 2 Yr old soil has had gants, fruit fly since the beginning lol. Had tried all the usual methods. But only ever noticed a real reduction in their numbers when I started introducing predator mites to eat their asses! They were working great, and then I'd get to
Improvements I'm most looking for in this run is harvest final weight and speed of growth.. And then drying and curing..
I have been improving in those area with each run I have done.. Just need to go a bit further now and hopefully I can use the negative experiences as motivation to accomplish better results to time around in all those areas, with yous folks help of course 😜

My last run I only yielded 204g for 5 plants in a 4x4..not great I know. So there's obviously massive room for improvements. Have gone 1 extra plant this time around as well, to try and speed up my Veg time. Last run I had to wait like 11 weeks before I was happy to make the switch. So hopefully this time around that I've added a heatmat to the tent it will hopefully keep the temps in my tent a little higher and speed up the growth in veg for me. So far in just a week it seems to have had a positive affect, but that cud just be me lol

Once I harvested my last run I reamended all the soil, waited a few days and planted cover crop. I then let that cover crop grow for about 10days and chopped it and just left it to break down a bit on the surface. It was 3 weeks before I tried to plant into it again. I tried to plant 5 autos direct into the new soil, but the growth stopped once the roots got out from the less hot pocket of soil I created for them in the centre.

I gave them 4 days to try and recover but they just stopped growing altogether.. It was as if they hit a brick wall!! But there wasn't any burning visible on the leaves. Found it rather strange.

I did make the mistake of not giving the new soil a good rinse through after amending. Thinking to myself, I figured I should of gave a good rinse after the last run to wash out any potential salt build up. I think during flower in last run I may have given a tea and perhaps not diluting it enough.. I guess it's kinda hard to tell exactly what is in excess in your LOS soil or lacking without getting proper soil test. I think I may do that yet. Il see what yall think. It's only like 20e to get samples sent away for a complete breakdown.

After scraping the autos, I decided to give the soil a bit of a flush, convinced it was just a little to hot or to much salt buildup or some shit..i was careful to find the container ms holding capacity, and then just added a bit at a time until I got 500ml of run of from each pot!

At this time I don't have PPm meter, wud of been nice to know what that run off was coming out at. I have got ppm meter now.
I planted the Apple fritter seeds (photos) directly into the pots this, apart from 1..ran out of amendments, he's in a little solo cup right now awaiting for his new home to be constructed lol

Few comments on my soil.
I have been using the same soil for 2yrs now. The Amendedments I'm using are from a UK company called "living soil fertiliser "
The describe themselves as a close to gia green! Tho their feeding schedules and amounts are a bit different. They sell most of their amendments separately. But have now started to bulk them together in a "grow" & "flower" separated mix. For this run I had amended all pots individually and each pot got roughly equal amounts of
EM1 infused bokashi bran
Volcanic rock dust
My corrhizal fungi, Alfalfa meal, mealworm&solider fly frass, wheat bran,
, sewweed dust, Azomite, bio char.

I'm just hoping now that the 500ml of run off hasn't washed out everything. Being a bit paranoid now I got a ppm meter and done a slurry soil test to just try and get a idea of what the pots are packing.
Results were interesting..
I took 5 samples and marked each one, added small glass of destilled water, and gave a good swirl. Let the soil in each glass settle for 30min until I took first readings.. After 30m the PPM in the SIP buckets were 445ppm, after 1hr I took another reading, and they went to 540ppm..

In the 2 pots the PPM were less, coming in at 350ppm and even after taking readings again they hadn't jumped like the SIP samples. I looked up slurry tests, this was as closest I cud do without getting the run off again. Obviously didn't wanna flush it again. What can I determine from these results? Are those PPM readings high or low for LOS? Either way I'm confident there enough in there to get these through the next 2-3 weeks before there first top dressings.

IPM
This 2 Yr old soil has had gants, fruit fly since the beginning lol. Had tried all the usual methods. But only ever noticed a real reduction in their numbers when I started introducing predator mites to eat their asses! They were working great, and then I'd get to flower time, drop of humidity wud stop the predator mite from reproducing. But they nunbers of pests wud be greatly reduced even then. These are the predator mites I've had most success with
flower time, drop of humidity wud stop the predator mite from reproducing. But they nunbers of pests wud be greatly reduced even then. These are the predator mites I've had most success with

I can't edit my post after posting it.. I realise I've made some editing mistakes above. I wrote all this out on my note cuz my phone is fked it freezes on me.. Anyway on with the show..

This is them on the 21st..

I feel as if this isn't to bad for first week. I'm happy there's no signs of stress, there's a slight leaf twist on 2 of them. What yous think?

Having awful connections issues here today with bloody storm isha.. Have tried many times now now to upload pictures, but they won't upload
When I select the photo to upload to gets to 100% but no picture is coming up. I've only got 2 bar connection so Il have to try and finish this of later or tomorrow.. Sorry folks

Reading up a bit about VDP and that, it was often mentioned that for first week of seedling u want VDP In between 0.50-0.70 to ensure the stomatas stay open. For me to achieve this at the temps I'm at, I have to run the RH at 75..setting it there keeps it at 75-80.. Before I made this adjustment they weren't praying as much as they are now. Most say to keep RH about 65 for this stage, mine look happier at the higher RH. I see tho it's temperature dependent as well.. My temps range from 23-28c from day to night. If I set the RH lower, the VDP spikes close to 1.0.. Im not sure obviously, this first time trying to dial in VDP and RH, and temp

The RH of my tent is 75-80
Temps 23 - 28c
VDP 0.60-0.85

Be interested to hear what yous think folks.. 👍

Reading up a bit about VDP and that, it was often mentioned that for first week of seedling u want VDP In between 0.50-0.70 to ensure the stomatas stay open. For me to achieve this at the temps I'm at, I have to run the RH at 75..setting it there keeps it at 75-80.. Before I made this adjustment they weren't praying as much as they are now. Most say to keep RH about 65 for this stage, mine look happier at the higher RH. I see tho it's temperature dependent as well.. My temps range from 23-28c from day to night. If I set the RH lower, the VDP spikes close to 1.0.. Im not sure obviously, this first time trying to dial in VDP and RH, and temp

The RH of my tent is 75-80
Temps 23 - 28c
VDP 0.60-0.85

Be interested to hear what yous think folks.. 👍
Warm moist environment until they get going is fine.
I don't stress about vpd when so young.
Looks good.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Warm moist environment until they get going is fine.
I don't stress about vpd when so young.
Looks good.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Thanks Bill,
I'm happy with the start.. Long way to go yet. This light certainly packs a punch.. I've it just set at 5% and it's showing about 320 par at canapoy level. Do u ever test you're run off for ppm out of curiosity?
I'm curious if my ppm levels are good or bad.. In the SIPS I got about 550ppm compared to 450ppm in the pots. What u think dude?

Thanks Bill,
I'm happy with the start.. Long way to go yet. This light certainly packs a punch.. I've it just set at 5% and it's showing about 320 par at canapoy level. Do u ever test you're run off for ppm out of curiosity?
I'm curious if my ppm levels are good or bad.. In the SIPS I got about 550ppm compared to 450ppm in the pots. What u think dude?
I never test run-off. :Namaste:
As long as the plants are healthy and growing well.
Never ran a sip.
So don't get issues
I concentrate on growing that root ball at this stage.
Run off isn't a concern.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Hey folks.. It's been a slow start for sure. But at least they are healthy looking and at least putting on bit of growth. I'm thinking it took a bit longer time for my soil to waken up and for the roots to get established a bit. 1 weeks ago I age first top dressing according to manufacturers. I also topped the containers off a bit, trying to encourage those feeder roots to come out and feeding on the top dressings.

I've been folier feeding twice a week with silica and sewweed extract, and yesterdays watering they got cal/mag as they were looking a little light in colour. Within 12hrs I cud see a nice healthy shade of green return. So I'm happy.
The 3 in sips doing a bit better than the pots.

It's defo woke them up a bit. I've noticed tho they only pray about 3 hrs before lights off. I've read somewhere that if you're plants are doing this, it's because they are not getting enough intensity of Par. Obviously I'd like to get them praying earlier in the day, atm I'm getting about 480ppfd in the centre, and around 450 around the plants. Light is about 26inches away.

My light is for suitable for 5x5 or 4x4..it just about fits a 4x4 tho, so it's probably a bit of a over kill of 4x4, bit what wud yous suggest, should I increase ppfd over 500?
They're not due another top dressing until next Saturday. So think I might give them a tea in few days.

IMG_20240209_202622.jpg

It's defo woke them up a bit. I've noticed tho they only pray about 3 hrs before lights off. I've read somewhere that if you're plants are doing this, it's because they are not getting enough intensity of Par. Obviously I'd like to get them praying earlier in the day, atm I'm getting about 480ppfd in the centre, and around 450 around the plants. Light is about 26inches away.

My light is for suitable for 5x5 or 4x4..it just about fits a 4x4 tho, so it's probably a bit of a over kill of 4x4, bit what wud yous suggest, should I increase ppfd over 500?
They're not due another top dressing until next Saturday. So think I might give them a tea in few days.

IMG_20240209_202622.jpg
They seem to be praying nicely, enjoying the light.
If you want you could increase it and see their reaction.
If they enjoy it fine.
If they don't just drop it back.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom