Chief's Organic Adventure Is Back

What’s your temps dip down to without the heater? I think ducting it in may be a better idea. Fire safety is pretty key as well.

With no heater its at 68-69 with the space heater I have pushing air into the tent its at 74 light out.
Ya I think I will just fold some aluminum into a rectangle and make a duct for it prob the best bet for lights and safely.
Really dont want to put anything that not metal around it.

With no heater its at 68-69 with the space heater I have pushing air into the tent its at 74 light out.
Ya I think I will just fold some aluminum into a rectangle and make a duct for it prob the best bet for lights and safely.
Really dont want to put anything that not metal around it.
68-69 is perfect in my opinion. Not that I’m super experienced but my night temps are constantly 68 at night that’s actually my setting on the thermostat. I believe they can go as low as 65 but don’t quote me. If you were to put the heater I’d put it in the shed not the tent, I believe you had a shed

68-69 is perfect in my opinion. Not that I’m super experienced but my night temps are constantly 68 at night that’s actually my setting on the thermostat. I believe they can go as low as 65 but don’t quote me. If you were to put the heater I’d put it in the shed not the tent, I believe you had a shed

Ya I have a shed but still no sealant or insulation. So cant grow in there yet. But yes the big space heater will go in there most likely. Ive had a heater blowing air in this whole time its just been on the outside cause its too big. I need a heater for now maybe not when my real veg/flower light goes in but now for sure. The heater doesnt get super hot so not really worried about it being in the tent and it only stays on for maybe 30 secs at a time. Only takes about 30 secs to heat up the tent and stays off for at least 5 mins before it kicks back on with the ink bird.

Hey so I have a question about lights out temps. Ive had a space heater blowing warm air into the tent. Im getting ready to put a heater inside on a inkbird and wanted to know if this should run at night it has a red glow to it and i dont think this will be ideal for flower. If I have to Im thinking about making an aluminum rectangle type duct to put in front of it so the light doesnt come up and just heat. My temps are at 69 degrees when lights are off.
so my bayite controllers have a red glow from the display too. I have had to tape a drink coozie over display, done.

so my bayite controllers have a red glow from the display too. I have had to tape a drink coozie over display, done.
Yes I had to over light on dehumidier and little red light on the heater. I was lucky I only have a 2x4 tent the inkbird controller probe is only 5 maybe 6 feet. I have AC infinity tent so I stuffed the wire where the inline fan controller wire go. gave me just enough to hang the 2 probes close to each other so the readings are about the same. the probes are like 6inches above the plants because that as close as the inkbird one will get. When I go up in pot size here soon we should be closer to the plant canopy.

Garden Update

So last few days temps and humidity have been pretty steady. Im really liking the inkbird so far. I have the living soil grow bags, barley straw, root wise microbes and neem on the way. Once that get here prob by Monday I think the girls may be ready for their final transplant into the 10 gal pots. Biggest Ive ever done is a 5 gallon pot and it did well but hoping the 10 gal will give me bigger roots and fruits.

I was doing so training on the clone and oops accidently broke off a branch... The plant was growing so nicely until I had to go being all rough lol. It was pretty even on 4 sides now the lowers are trying to fill the space. I figured I'd break a few branches coming back but still sad. This may work out for the better anyway now that I have more tops. I think I'm going to put a net up to weave the branches through to try to fill this canopy but we will see.

The Applewood is liking her up potting he has grown a lot since the transplant. I even saw a couple roots sticking out the bottom already. Hoping growth explodes even more her soon so I can top it. I think the clone is going to take most of the tent. So this one can hopefully catch up a little while the other one get most of the training.

know how you felt with the applewoods, I got new genectics last week and have tried to germ 3 so far no go!!! WTF? Never had this happen. trying to germ one at a time to get a couple week spread on each, if i dont get one going soon my perpetual schedule will be screwed.one cracked but does not look healthy enough to survive. The kosher kush popped but no sign of emerging although some kind of weed volunteer emerged

455865E0-F63E-4355-A8A0-36FE92C781A0.jpeg

DF851A0F-69FF-4333-B6DD-C9BE197DE1F9.jpeg

Garden Update:

The Ice Cream Cake is definitely growing quickly now. The new growth from when I get it looks good the old leaves look a little rough still but the plant looks good

The Applewood plant filled the solo cup with roots so I had to go ahead and transplant. I heard one time that if a plant gets root bound once it can possibly degrade the final product of the plant so I really try to make sure my plant never completely fills the pots and start wrapping around. I am still waiting for my 10 gallon living soil fabric pots to come in so I went ahead and put it into a 1 gallon. I think it will stay in here about a week and a half before getting into its final pot.

Also this plant is so short. I dont think the light is powerful enough to make it so squat I think its genetics but idk really. I put the plant to the side of the light instead of under the light make this will help it stretch a little but we will see.

Those are some knarley roots!
Hey so I have a question about lights out temps. Ive had a space heater blowing warm air into the tent. Im getting ready to put a heater inside on a inkbird and wanted to know if this should run at night it has a red glow to it and i dont think this will be ideal for flower. If I have to Im thinking about making an aluminum rectangle type duct to put in front of it so the light doesnt come up and just heat. My temps are at 69 degrees when lights are off.
I tape over the lights.
I was doing so training on the clone and oops accidently broke off a branch..
Busted the last one I did too. Oh well!

Garden Update

So last few days temps and humidity have been pretty steady. Im really liking the inkbird so far. I have the living soil grow bags, barley straw, root wise microbes and neem on the way. Once that get here prob by Monday I think the girls may be ready for their final transplant into the 10 gal pots. Biggest Ive ever done is a 5 gallon pot and it did well but hoping the 10 gal will give me bigger roots and fruits.

I was doing so training on the clone and oops accidently broke off a branch... The plant was growing so nicely until I had to go being all rough lol. It was pretty even on 4 sides now the lowers are trying to fill the space. I figured I'd break a few branches coming back but still sad. This may work out for the better anyway now that I have more tops. I think I'm going to put a net up to weave the branches through to try to fill this canopy but we will see.

The Applewood is liking her up potting he has grown a lot since the transplant. I even saw a couple roots sticking out the bottom already. Hoping growth explodes even more her soon so I can top it. I think the clone is going to take most of the tent. So this one can hopefully catch up a little while the other one get most of the training.

Everyone is looking great don, and the applewood has some nice tight nodes.. good job so far...can't wait to see what ya do with the 10g pots

know how you felt with the applewoods, I got new genectics last week and have tried to germ 3 so far no go!!! WTF? Never had this happen. trying to germ one at a time to get a couple week spread on each, if i dont get one going soon my perpetual schedule will be screwed.one cracked but does not look healthy enough to survive. The kosher kush popped but no sign of emerging although some kind of weed volunteer emerged

455865E0-F63E-4355-A8A0-36FE92C781A0.jpeg

DF851A0F-69FF-4333-B6DD-C9BE197DE1F9.jpeg

Ya idk what I did to mess up 4 other seeds. Kinda of bummed could of been some fire genetics in there. I dont have space in there for more plants anyway. I hope your babies make it tho.

Those are some knarley roots!

I tape over the lights.

Busted the last one I did too. Oh well!

Thanks Otter hopefully we have some decent roots in this one gallons not sure though since Ive never used plastic pots. And yep taped carboard over all lights now and we have no unwanted light in the tent.

Everyone is looking great don, and the applewood has some nice tight nodes.. good job so far...can't wait to see what ya do with the 10g pots

Yep the Applewood is def. a Indica dominate strain. The leaves are fat and its so squat. Im definitely going to have to top soon to get it to have some under growth. Also with the little 60W light in there light doesnt really get on the sides just on top really. So once we up pot to the 10g pots I'll be changing the light over for a better spread.

Garden Update:

I went ahead and put the Chilled Logic Pucks inside the tent dimmed it down to at least 50%. I still need to put my watt meter on the driver so I can now exactly how much the light is pulling and how to dim it down where I want it. I put the light in because I noticed some of the branches on the clone leaning toward the light in the center. Now there is a better light spread in the tent.

Yesterday the clone needed water so I went ahead and top dressed both plants with kelp meal, crab meal, and shrimp meal. I barely gave the Applewood water just enough to get the top moist again but the clone got a full watering about a 1/4 gallon of water mixed with the Quillaja.

The Ice Cream Cake clone got a nice training session. Supercropped the 3 tallest branches so I can flatten out the canopy. Seem to be doing good the stem rub is ridiculous hope that is what the buds smell like also.

The Applewood is doing good a lot more grow but no undergrowth. I think it will get topped soon was just waiting for it to get a few more nodes.

Looking good Don! I have a PAR meter. The cheapest one I could find. I think it's a Hydrofarm. It gets me to where I need so far. Not fancy but fancy's not necessary. We almost don't use them after getting an idea of what's what. That's me anyway. I do use it every grow but 44.00 worth not 400.00.

Looking good Don! I have a PAR meter. The cheapest one I could find. I think it's a Hydrofarm. It gets me to where I need so far. Not fancy but fancy's not necessary. We almost don't use them after getting an idea of what's what. That's me anyway. I do use it every grow but 44.00 worth not 400.00.
Thanks Otter. I can do 44. Ima look it up.

Applewood Update:

So I went ahead and topped it this morning and now have it wrapped up at the top to get more direct light to the lowers. It not tight on it at all it moves very easily up and down so should hurt it too bad. Idk if this works but I figured it couldn't hurt. Im going to leave it like that for about 6 hours then I will take it off.

Nice bro,
Is that about 5th or 6th node? Looks about right for her. She is nice and healthy, great job.
Never seen that done before with the top thing. Dont see why it wouldn't work..
Cheers
Ya it was topped on the 6th node. Then "Ponytailed" idk thats what ima call it lol. But I saw that on here sometime before I took my 3 year break so cant really say who I got it from but someone on here.

Garden Update:

The stuff I'm going to use for my transplant still hasnt gotten here. It says it will get here tomorrow and I hope so. I really need to transplant the clone its drinking nicely and need water like everyday. The clone is growing quickly also, almost everyday I'm bending the tall branches down with the others. Since the Applewood is so small idk if I can SCROG the whole tent I may have to get some bamboo for the clone. Never used bamboo before but I always like trying something new. I also went ahead and bent the Applewood plant over so light could get to the lowers easier without restricting the stop from light. The lowers are doing a lot better than a few days ago. I have been giving them direct light for about 6 hours a day but now I'm just going to leave it bent over I think. They also got their first foliar feed of neem and Quillaja about 2 hours before lights came on.

Back
Top Bottom