Chief's Organic Adventure Is Back

Ive been debating on putting the HLG288 in the tent also. If I use it, it will be in flower not in veg. I went ahead and threw it up to see what it would look like and if it would help. and doesnt look the best but it would def add light in the middle of the clone where most of the had will be once flowers form. I think I will use it but I just pray its not a waste of watts.

Garden Update:

Everything is moving along nicely. At the rate the clone is growing I think I will have to flip by the end of the week. It has already started stretching out the the next squares so Ill be running out of room soon. I've pretty much been tucking everyday trying to fill the screen. Its almost full, once its full I will still give it about 2 days for vertical growth before flipping to flower. The Applewood has been growing nicely also. I really like the look of the fat indica dominate leaves on it instead of the skinny ones on the clone.

Almost to the home stretch and the fun part when the buds are forming. Really excited to see what comes out of these. If the clone is fire I will def run it again and prob get more clones from this guy in the future. I really like popping seeds because there is always potential but it feels good to know that you have a breeders cut and know that it will produce the fire. I'm just skeptical if it is a breeders cut because this is a third party guy. Last time I got some clones it was directly from the breeder so I knew it was going to be fire.

PS: Please excuse the toes in the last pic lol

Well it looks like our baby is coming in early so I went ahead threw together the auto watering system just incase I have to be gone a while. Its day to day right now the due date was at the end of the month but it looks like this baby has different plans. Im ordering a wifi outlet so I can control the watering while I'm away if needed hopefully it will be here tomorrow.

There is a small leak where the hose meets the water manifold. Is there some type of caulk or leak stopper that I can put there so it stops it from leaking there. The system is pretty simple I have a 5 gallon bucket with a submersible pump. The pump has a 3/4" hose that goes to my water manifold. The manifold has 6 out lets but I already had this set up from when I had 3 plants so I'm only using 3 outlets from the manifold. Each manifold outlet has 2 drippers on it. This time I wanted to go with 3 drippers per plant. I could of cut more tubing for each dripper to have their own line but I think this will work for now. The dripper heads are .5gph drippers. So with 3 drippers it should be about .5 gallon in 20 mins. At the moment each plant has only gotten 1/2 a gallon of water once a week since being in the 10g pots. Once I get my wifi outlet Im just going to turn it on for 20 mins every 4 days or so if I have limited time. Otherwise Ill just come down and hand water them with my sprayer like I normally do. This is just a precaution if things dont go as planned and we have to be at the hospital longer than wanted.

I’m not quite sure I’m looking where the problem is though can you circle it? If there’s pressure behind it and water is squirting out then I’d go with jb weld. That stuff is strong. If it’s not a pinhole leak just a drip with no pressure behind it then some good exterior grade caulk should work. If it’s at the connection itself, you may be able to get away with some “tape” yellow gas tape or white pipe tape would create a tighter seal. It’s not real “tape”.It’s not sticky.

I’m not quite sure I’m looking where the problem is though can you circle it? If there’s pressure behind it and water is squirting out then I’d go with jb weld. That stuff is strong. If it’s not a pinhole leak just a drip with no pressure behind it then some good exterior grade caulk should work. If it’s at the connection itself, you may be able to get away with some “tape” yellow gas tape or white pipe tape would create a tighter seal. It’s not real “tape”.It’s not sticky.

Yes it’s hard to see for sure but it is where the hose connects to the ribbed spigot. Water is coming out there. Now that you mentioned it the spigot screws into the manifold. I’m going to add tape there also but I circled where the water is leaking from still hard to see because the hose is pushed to the top of the spigot.
08F6BE83-D1EA-4F04-9046-20E751293BD6.jpeg

Yeah so it’s just the half inch hose leaking right? The big tube where it butts up to the manifold. There shouldn’t be too much pressure behind that. Some good caulk would probably work. I wouldn’t add that Jb weld to that unless you don’t ever plan taking the tube off again.
Yep just the 1/2 inch hose. I might try the flex seal stuff and see if it works. We will see and it cheap just need time to make it to the store.

Garden Update:

So I gave the plants about 1.5 gallons of water each earlier today and both plants had some run off so I guess I over did it. I was hoping that it wouldnt mess the plants up like it did when I first watered the 10g pots. Its been a couple hours and the ICC clone is doing great its already bounced back. The Applewood didnt bounce back as quick but I think it will be fine.

I also put another riser under the Applewood so it could reach the net. Then I did an heavy defoliation to both plants to get ready for flower. I changed the lighting cycle to 12/12 on my timer so next time lights go out it will be my first 12 hours off cycle. I still need to take clones off both plants but I will wait until week 1 of flower is done and I will take my clones. Hopefully the branches I have been eyeing for clones will be a bit bigger by then.

Hey everyone sorry for the long wait. Had my baby boy things have been super busy. We are now on day 17 now of flower and things aren’t looking bad at all. I had to get some trays that were big enough for the 10 gallon so I could water properly. Before without the trays I wasn’t able to get water to saturate the bottom of the pots but now it holds water a lot better. The buds are starting to form and the smells are getting a lot nicer in the tent. This is the exciting part for me probably because I know I’m past way halfway. But here’s the pics. More updates coming soon.

Day 28 Flower Update:

So things are starting to settle as we get into the routine of having 2 kids to take care of but things are going well in the grow. I did my last top dress today. It included earthworm casings, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, shrimp meal, crab meal, and finally bone meal. I think we should be good with just water and microbes here on out but we will see. I went pretty heavy on the amendments on each top dress I’ve done so I’m sure it will be fine. The life in the soil is pretty crazy under the straw the soil moves every time I put the straw up to take a look. The flowers on the seed I popped are bigger than the clone but everything is looking great. Both plants are also getting frosty and smell amazing. They should finish around the same time but we will see.

Oh quick question how do you guys water your big 10g pots or bigger. Trying to refrain from over watering while keeping microbes alive. Thank you in advance!:passitleft:
Pardon my absence. In veg I water to runoff and wait for pots to get light, and or if I can see them slightly wilt. The time gets shorter between waterings. So it may begin with every 3 or 5 days. It may be different for different soils maybe. If they need more time to dry down low I top water with a fraction of whatever it takes about every other day if it's going to be a while like starting out, hoping to keep my micro herd happy up there.
Had my baby boy
OH my Congratulations to you and mom! The greatest day!
So things are starting to settle as we get into the routine of having 2 kids to take care of but things are going well in the grow. I did my last top dress today. It included earthworm casings, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, shrimp meal, crab meal, and finally bone meal. I think we should be good with just water and microbes here on out but we will see. I went pretty heavy on the amendments on each top dress I’ve done so I’m sure it will be fine. The life in the soil is pretty crazy under the straw the soil moves every time I put the straw up to take a look. The flowers on the seed I popped are bigger than the clone but everything is looking great. Both plants are also getting frosty and smell amazing. They should finish around the same time but we will see.

Budz are getting somewhere Chief! I know what you mean about getting to a place in the grow and feeling like it's just mechanics from there in. Glad you're there, I'll be some time hehe.

How’s the leak going? Did you lollipop day 21? You’re looking pretty clean in that tent. I may be lollipoping soon. Got some reading to do first
Ya I lollipoped the plants the day before I went into flower. That day I also did a heavy defoliation. And on day 21 I did another defoliation of most of the leaves that weren’t coming off bud sites. To give all the tops light and air flow. It seems to work for me. Next time I might take a little less off but we will see.

Pardon my absence. In veg I water to runoff and wait for pots to get light, and or if I can see them slightly wilt. The time gets shorter between waterings. So it may begin with every 3 or 5 days. It may be different for different soils maybe. If they need more time to dry down low I top water with a fraction of whatever it takes about every other day if it's going to be a while like starting out, hoping to keep my micro herd happy up there.

OH my Congratulations to you and mom! The greatest day!

Budz are getting somewhere Chief! I know what you mean about getting to a place in the grow and feeling like it's just mechanics from there in. Glad you're there, I'll be some time hehe.

Thanks Otter, definitely a proud day for this Dad. And thanks ya buds finally starting to look good. Really counting the days down for harvest. First one in about 3 years!

Flower Update:

Everything is chunking up nicely. The clone has smaller buds on than the Applewood from seed but that may be my mistake it wasn’t getting watered properly until the first 2 weeks of flower. We are now on day 36 and I’m happy with where things are. Just hoping everything gets pretty chunky and of course more frost. I really can’t complain about the frost it’s looking nice already. Everything will be simple here until the harvest. Just water and microbes.

PS: I think I’m going to start more seeds I’m not Wowed by anything in the garden so far my clones haven’t rooted and it’s been 21 days already not sure if they will make it much longer if they don’t root anyway. I think im going with the first strain I ever grew to see if I’ve learned anything from all this time of growing

image.jpg

Flower Update:

Everything is chunking up nicely. The clone has smaller buds on than the Applewood from seed but that may be my mistake it wasn’t getting watered properly until the first 2 weeks of flower. We are now on day 36 and I’m happy with where things are. Just hoping everything gets pretty chunky and of course more frost. I really can’t complain about the frost it’s looking nice already. Everything will be simple here until the harvest. Just water and microbes.

PS: I think I’m going to start more seeds I’m not Wowed by anything in the garden so far my clones haven’t rooted and it’s been 21 days already not sure if they will make it much longer if they don’t root anyway. I think im going with the first strain I ever grew to see if I’ve learned anything from all this time of growing

image.jpg
Sometimes ya gotta shake things up! Good call!

Sometimes ya gotta shake things up! Good call!
I definitely have to shake things up keep it interesting. Otherwise I get bored so easily. Things will get more interesting in here as we get veg and flower both going. And get some more strains in here!

Back
Top Bottom