Chief's Organic Adventure Is Back

Garden Update

Yesterday I was inspecting the plants and noticed that the clone is starting to get a deficiency and it looks like calcium to me. This is def my fault its been at least 3 almost 4 weeks in this soil with a small top dress of crab and shrimp meal. I should of known it needed more since the soil doesnt have much nutes in it to begin with. Im thinking I may go ahead and give it a small dose of Calmag that Ive had a while and also top dress with more crab and shrimp meal. I think it needs some type of correction now and the organic nutes take some time to break down from what I understand. Im glad Im in veg and didnt make this mistake in flower. I also think that if my stuff would of gotten here in time maybe I wouldnt have this issue because the girls would be in bigger pots and I have amended the soil they are going into pretty good. Also compost teas coming soon.

Special Delivery!!

So my stuff finally came in so Im ready to transplant but Im supposed to be working right now. So Im going to work for like 10 mins and garden for like 10 mins for the rest of the work day. We will see if my boss notices. Its Friday and no one want to work anyway. Anyway pretty excited I get to put these babies in 10g pots never gone that big before. Hope it doesnt break my back trying to pick it up once wet lol.

I think these pots will be pretty cool I like how it has the plastic liner on most of it but the bottom half. should keep moisture nicely and keep the microbes happy.

What you going to do with it? :) My 10's get filled and depending on how I feel, may be in place already, or not. Handles on bags are good to have! They're way heavy wet friend! I can't do it.

Well I kind of want to water them outside the tent but we will see. I think I can pick it up safely enough. What all those years in the gym for if I can pick up a little pot lol

Transplant Update:

So the transplant went well. I like to get the soil moist before putting the transplant in so it was a bit heavy when it was time to move it to the tent but it wasnt too bad. Definitely dont think 20g would be fun to pick up. each pot got about 2.5 gallons of water and it was wet throughout. Im not sure how much 10g normally get but with the wetting agent Quillaja it seems to spread the water nicely and really no run off. I will be checking daily to make sure they are happy with the watering. I was really surprised by the roots on the Applewood I didnt think it was ready but I was wrong it had a really nice root system just like the clone.

I was going to add the microbes but I ran out of water. I like to leave my water out for about 4 days or so before use to try to get rid of some of the chlorine in the water. I went ahead and filled another 5 gallon bucket up with water and will run a couple air stone in it for 24 hours so I can use it to feed the soil the microbes and enzymes. Not sure if this is really necessary but better safe than sorry.

Garden Update

So the transplants mostly went well. The clone was over watered and I really thought I was going to lose it. I was pretty bummed but its starting to come back. The plant had a crazy leaf curl almost the whole plant was curled up sad sight to see. I took off the saucer and had it sitting on a riser to allow for as much air flow below the plant. I also increased my temps to 83 degrees and lowered my humidity to 60%. The plant has started to come back the new growth is now green again as far as stems. All the old growth stems have turned a purplish color.

The Applewood is a mutant on the first node it actually has 2 tops growing out of one side. But its looking good it never skipped a beat. When I planted it I moved it over a little to make it sit in the middle when I bent it over but next time I will just plant it in the middle. It is pretty much all tops now but they are still pretty small. I think when it fills the pot with roots it will grow taller. I'm also not topping it anymore I have 8 good tops and just hoping for vertical growth now.

Garden Update

So The girls have been doing pretty good. The Applewood is still a runt compared to this Ice Cream Cake clone. That over watering incident had me worried but the clone bounced back better than ever. Yesterday I went ahead and gave a half gallon of water mixed with Rootwise microbes and the enzymes. The top part of the soil was dry at least an inch or so down on both girls. I know I shouldnt but I catch myself digging in the soil a bit to see if the roots are growing. Both plants have roots that are almost to the wall of the pot. I just hope that the bottom is growing just as fast.

I went ahead and threw the trellis up today it was easier than I thought it was going to be. Just ziptied it to all the poles and it was pretty snug. I may have to add another trellis when we get closer to the end of stretch but this is going to make the structure for the clone but will just be support for the Applewood when it gets bigger. The Applewood inst going to reach the net before we go into flower. Im going to let the clone get one more square bigger all the way around before I flip to flower. Trying to get as much out of this round as possible. I want to get 6 Oz out of this round. May be a little ambitious but we will see. Next run will be alot better and lets hope I can get some extra funds to put into the shed. At least need another grow light for the shed at minimum and I want something nice with bars so we will see what I can come up with. Having another baby in 2 weeks so funds will be tight but Ima try to make it happen. I been eyeing the Medicgrow lights. That will be most likely what I will get.

Oh quick question how do you guys water your big 10g pots or bigger. Trying to refrain from over watering while keeping microbes alive. Thank you in advance!:passitleft:
He
Oh quick question how do you guys water your big 10g pots or bigger. Trying to refrain from over watering while keeping microbes alive. Thank you in advance!:passitleft:
Hey brother,
I ran organics for long time. Subcool recipe, my own, etc.
Always in 10s or 7s, the plants loves it alot more with no runoff. Wait until she drops/not wilted before waterings. Dont want it completely dry like salts but moist.
When i first started organics, would water until runoff but noticed all my fans leaves yellow in mid flower. Keep all those good nutrients in there.
Build a soil is fantastic, never used it been seen great results.
@StoneOtter runs los, could help you better.
Sorry for the ramble, going to fire one up.
Cheers bro

He

Hey brother,
I ran organics for long time. Subcool recipe, my own, etc.
Always in 10s or 7s, the plants loves it alot more with no runoff. Wait until she drops/not wilted before waterings. Dont want it completely dry like salts but moist.
When i first started organics, would water until runoff but noticed all my fans leaves yellow in mid flower. Keep all those good nutrients in there.
Build a soil is fantastic, never used it been seen great results.
@StoneOtter runs los, could help you better.
Sorry for the ramble, going to fire one up.
Cheers bro

Ya in the past I ran smaller pots only 3s and a 5 once. I would water until I get a few drops of runoff to make sure the medium was completely watered but the plant was sitting in a saucer so it would just soak that back up. It was also easier because the roots would fill the pot in a few days at most a week. With the 10g and me over watering at first the pots havent dried out all the way only yet and the top has only dried out once so far. Im praying the roots will fill the pots soon so I can get my watering dialed in soon.

That’s quite the set up you got going now. I’m thinking I’ll end up doing a non dwc this summer due to heat. Not sure what route to take as I’ve only begun thinking about this journey. Yours is looking nice though.

Thanks. I recommend organics but thats because I just like to play in the dirt lol. I want to try a DWC I got the stuff for it but just never went through with it. All the bottles I needed kinda got me turned away but I will try it one day soon. I really think the straw makes it look nice and also has a good use. Never used it before but I will prob add it to my outdoor veggie garden this year.

Back
Top Bottom