Chief's Organic Adventure Is Back

1643391462940.png
YEah 80 would be better. My bigger light gets them warmer.Keep in mind this is leaf temp which will be lower than temp. Lower temps, lower humidity to meet 1 kpa.

Thank you for the chart. Do ppl really use the laser temperature to measure leaf temp or can we just say it a few degrees lower than room temp/humidity?

Also maybe I should put my other light up and dim it down for extra heat...

So I was on porch smoking and figured Id show you guys where I want to be growing by summer time. When we moved here I knew for sure this would be the grow shed. I cant grow in it yet because it has no insulation and its been like 20 degrees outside for the past 2 months. Once I get this temp controller I'm going to start adding insulation to the shed. really not sure how much it will take but its not that big only 8x10 and like 8 ft tall at the highest point. I plan on adding fiberglass insulation and then using rigid foam board on top of that. not sure about the floor but it probably needs to be insulated also. I have to think about bringing power to the shed and also what kind of lights. I plan to use a 4x8 space for growing and have a tent inside with moms and clones. As for light I think our sponsor has one of the best light for the money so I'm thinking about getting 2 of the Medic Grow Ez-8 lights. I will prob end up starting with one but I really want 2.

1643403895002.png

Nice space. Can't wait to see what you do with that!
Perfect ! You can create a fine grow room there.

Thanks guys. I think I'm pretty handy but definitely would like some input when things get started. I know some of you are prob electricians and other handy things. Id love the input.

Great looking area. Wish i had that much space.
I bet the neighbors might think you really like that shed..:laugh: especially after a couple grows.

Lol they are going to know I love the shed. Fences are only 7ft tall here and most of the houses the back door is on the second floor so they can see straight into the yard. But glad its legal here I have no worries. I think each person can grow 6 plants (3veg/3flower) and if there are 2 adults in the house they allow 12 plants. That's plenty for me!

Lol they are going to know I love the shed. Fences are only 7ft tall here and most of the houses the back door is on the second floor so they can see straight into the yard. But glad its legal here I have no worries. I think each person can grow 6 plants (3veg/3flower) and if there are 2 adults in the house they allow 12 plants. That's plenty for me!
Perfect :high-five:my friend

All caught up! Maaaaan, so much good info shared already about VPD. Here is 48hrs of bad VPD (in my inexperienced opinion).

The plants couldn't keep up with the amount of moisture being sucked out of them. I may spark some root growth though...

The Ac Infinity app has the VDP so I've been trying to keep it in a decent range for early veg.
That's dope! I don't have the new controller or app. That'sAWESOME! On my wishlist. I want the wifi controller.

I need to print off a VPD chart I hate looking it up every time. Maybe I should get a poster or something
That's what I did. I printed one and have it right there, taped right across from my tent opening so I can see where I am at before opening the tent.
Also maybe I should put my other light up and dim it down for extra heat...
Uhhhh...I personally don't like that idea. It seems like it would be a waste of energy just for heat. Get a heater if you need heat. I only rely on my lights for light. Everything else in my tent needs to control the environment based on whatever the lights are putting out. Make sense? I try to tune my lights to the lowest wattage possible and still get the right PPFD to the canopy.

That has been my approach. I say all this, not with years and years of experience. Only 1 full grow indoors. So take my words as that...a grain of salt.
As for light I think our sponsor has one of the best light for the money so I'm thinking about getting 2 of the Medic Grow Ez-8 lights. I will prob end up starting with one but I really want 2.
I was looking at that one too! @MedicGrow puts out some killer lights and great value. Just take it slow and start with one.

Put your $ and energy into getting that shed some power and insulated. I would 100% look into a A/C minisplit unit as well as installing air intakes and exhaust. You could put a solar attic exhaust fan setup to a thermostat to only exhaust at a certain temp!

That shed is framed using 2x3s so buy/order the correct insulation. You may be better off with only ridgid foam panels honestly. Better yet, just rent a spray foam insulation machine and be done in one shot. Then it would be a matter of finishing the walls. Multiple directions to go there.

I'll be working on preparing a shed of my own for growing. Maybe this year! I'll enjoy watching you get yours ready. Hopefully I can get mine going too and we can bounce ideas off each other. Blessings!

All caught up! Maaaaan, so much good info shared already about VPD. Here is 48hrs of bad VPD (in my inexperienced opinion).

The plants couldn't keep up with the amount of moisture being sucked out of them. I may spark some root growth though...

That's dope! I don't have the new controller or app. That'sAWESOME! On my wishlist. I want the wifi controller.

That's what I did. I printed one and have it right there, taped right across from my tent opening so I can see where I am at before opening the tent.

Uhhhh...I personally don't like that idea. It seems like it would be a waste of energy just for heat. Get a heater if you need heat. I only rely on my lights for light. Everything else in my tent needs to control the environment based on whatever the lights are putting out. Make sense? I try to tune my lights to the lowest wattage possible and still get the right PPFD to the canopy.

That has been my approach. I say all this, not with years and years of experience. Only 1 full grow indoors. So take my words as that...a grain of salt.

I was looking at that one too! @MedicGrow puts out some killer lights and great value. Just take it slow and start with one.

Put your $ and energy into getting that shed some power and insulated. I would 100% look into a A/C minisplit unit as well as installing air intakes and exhaust. You could put a solar attic exhaust fan setup to a thermostat to only exhaust at a certain temp!

That shed is framed using 2x3s so buy/order the correct insulation. You may be better off with only ridgid foam panels honestly. Better yet, just rent a spray foam insulation machine and be done in one shot. Then it would be a matter of finishing the walls. Multiple directions to go there.

I'll be working on preparing a shed of my own for growing. Maybe this year! I'll enjoy watching you get yours ready. Hopefully I can get mine going too and we can bounce ideas off each other. Blessings!

That’s exactly why I want my environment in check. I just need the temp controller so I can leave the heater on and let the controller do the work. Actually just going to order it now.

And ya I was noticing from looking yesterday that the fiberglass batts only come in 2x4s and 2x6s. Does it defeat the purpose of it to smash it in with the foam board. I think the fiberglass batts would only cost me less than $200 and then the foam board prob less than $100. I’ve been looking at the spray foam but haven’t had any luck really on pricing or where to get it.

Does it defeat the purpose of it to smash it in with the foam board.
I think you will hate your existence on this planet trying to smash the fiberglass and get it secured into that space. Maybe that's just me?

I would just do some foam boards with the reflective side out and use the gap filler spray foam to seal the edges. Later on, you could install another material over that. I personally would just do that. I regret insulating mine with the fiberglass.

I have these for my shed ceiling but would absolutely work as the walls too. Being reflective it benefits you in two ways.

I think you will hate your existence on this planet trying to smash the fiberglass and get it secured into that space. Maybe that's just me?

I would just do some foam boards with the reflective side out and use the gap filler spray foam to seal the edges. Later on, you could install another material over that. I personally would just do that. I regret insulating mine with the fiberglass.

I have these for my shed ceiling but would absolutely work as the walls too. Being reflective it benefits you in two ways.

I really need the insulation for the cold temps and trying to run a heater less. I think the shed will be covered mostly by the trees when things start to heat up so I might not even need an AC if anything I will get one of those window type of AC that can be moved into the room. I just dont want to get to next winter and its -11 outside and my heater cant even keep the room warm enough. But yes first thing I need to do is use some type of gap sealer on every corner and seam.

I saw somewhere that it pull apart pretty easy maybe I can get the 2x6 fiberglass batts and pull them in half... Idk really just thinking of what my options are really.

I really need the insulation for the cold temps and trying to run a heater less. I think the shed will be covered mostly by the trees when things start to heat up so I might not even need an AC if anything I will get one of those window type of AC that can be moved into the room. I just dont want to get to next winter and its -11 outside and my heater cant even keep the room warm enough. But yes first thing I need to do is use some type of gap sealer on every corner and seam.

I saw somewhere that it pull apart pretty easy maybe I can get the 2x6 fiberglass batts and pull them in half... Idk really just thinking of what my options are really.
Foam core would suffice and then cover them up with the material of your choice. It's dense enough and has a high enough rating for your needs IMO. You'll be insulating the ceiling too. Don't forget that one!

And yes, gap sealer everywhere! Haaa. Enjoy that fun mess.

As for splitting fiberglass...to each their own man. But I think it would be a waste and incredibly difficult to deal with. I just don't see the benefit of using it. There are other safer and more efficient alternatives. Yes they cost more but it would be better over all in the end. Just my take. I'm sure there are some insulation geeks around here that could chime in. I'd prefer to smash the 2x4 than have to split the 2x6. The latter being more work and way more fiberglass to deal with than is necessary.

Garden Update

So the only seed that made it was Applewood#1 kinda sucks but it will be ok since I will only have 2 plants I think ima go with 2 10 gallon pots since I have like 24 gallons of soil. Im debating if I should go directly into the 10 gallons from the solo cup or if I should put it in a 1 gallon to get a bigger root mass. Im leaning toward the 10 gallon so I dont have to worry about another transplant. normally I would be in small 1 gallon smart pots but I decide to try the plastic pots to keep the small root mass moist easier.

The Ice Cream Cake clone is doing well. the leaves that were on the plant when it came are in bad shape I have taken them off mostly but there is still one on there. It will come off soon too tho. Everything else looks pretty good Its hard to see root activity in these pots. In the fabric pots id see roots sticking out the sides and bottoms and know its time. Praying to get roots coming out the bottom in the next week or so.

Garden Update

The early veg state is the part I hate the most I really just wish I could put 8 plants in here to cut down on the time. Maybe next time I will have 4 clones to put in the tent. Anyways both plants got watered last night and I also topped dressed a little kelp meal for roots and veg production few days ago.

The Ice Cream Cake clone is doing well I can definitely tell its growing now. Im guessing it was taking that first week to throw down roots and now its moving along. There are a few roots poking out the bottom of the plastic pots. I think next week sometime we should be ready to go into the 10gal pots.

The Applewood is barely growing its third node so its going a bit slow. The roots are filling the cups nicely next week it will also go into the 10 gallon pot. This one will get the transplant first because the roots will fill this cup pretty quickly there are a lot more roots coming out the bottom but not everywhere on the sides yet. Once roots come out on all the sides I'll transplant it.

Garden Update:

The Ice Cream Cake is definitely growing quickly now. The new growth from when I get it looks good the old leaves look a little rough still but the plant looks good

The Applewood plant filled the solo cup with roots so I had to go ahead and transplant. I heard one time that if a plant gets root bound once it can possibly degrade the final product of the plant so I really try to make sure my plant never completely fills the pots and start wrapping around. I am still waiting for my 10 gallon living soil fabric pots to come in so I went ahead and put it into a 1 gallon. I think it will stay in here about a week and a half before getting into its final pot.

Also this plant is so short. I dont think the light is powerful enough to make it so squat I think its genetics but idk really. I put the plant to the side of the light instead of under the light make this will help it stretch a little but we will see.

I know its a little early but I been eyeing this stuff since I started. I cant wait until I can use this stuff. The Levo has never been used Ive had it for over a year. I couldnt bring myself to buying bud to make edibles. I havent pressed anything in over 2 years and only got like 10 presses out of it before I packed it away. I hope the pump is still good cause its about to put some work in after this grow.

Hey so I have a question about lights out temps. Ive had a space heater blowing warm air into the tent. Im getting ready to put a heater inside on a inkbird and wanted to know if this should run at night it has a red glow to it and i dont think this will be ideal for flower. If I have to Im thinking about making an aluminum rectangle type duct to put in front of it so the light doesnt come up and just heat. My temps are at 69 degrees when lights are off.

Hey so I have a question about lights out temps. Ive had a space heater blowing warm air into the tent. Im getting ready to put a heater inside on a inkbird and wanted to know if this should run at night it has a red glow to it and i dont think this will be ideal for flower. If I have to Im thinking about making an aluminum rectangle type duct to put in front of it so the light doesnt come up and just heat. My temps are at 69 degrees when lights are off.
What’s your temps dip down to without the heater? I think ducting it in may be a better idea. Fire safety is pretty key as well.

Back
Top Bottom