Chief's Organic Adventure Is Back

Day 47 Flower Update:

So been slacking with the updates sorry been pretty busy with the 2 kids and 2 jobs. And on top of that started school again last week! But all is good in the garden things are looking good if you ask me. The past week the buds have been focusing on bulking up and Ive been trying to get the environment dialed in. Now that we are at the end of week 7 I've dropped the temp to 76 degrees and the humidity to about 50% but sometimes it spike to 60%. I also turned off the HLG 288. From what Ive read the last few weeks dont need high intensity of light. Things are looking very good maybe best Ive ever grown. Both strains are putting on mad frost but the clone mostly has frost on the top nugs but the Applewood has frost everywhere even the lowers are frosty!

These pics are from a couple days ago so things are even fatter now but ill give another update soon:

Veg Update:

So I dont have a veg tent yet but I plan on getting a tent maybe a 2x2. Right now the area Im starting my veggies and now its going to be my veg/seed starting area.

So these are the seeds I used for my first grow. I'm glad I got to document it here so I have something to look back at and compare. It was super dank so I'm hoping I get one of those phenotypes. I wasnt sure if they would pop since its been 5 years but I did what I normally do. Dropped them in water, let them float, and check at 24 and 36 hours. I always pull them out at 36 hours even if they havent popped and place them in their medium. So here is the pick after 24 hours I didnt take one at 36 hours.

Its been like 2 days after they have been inside the buildasoil light mix with seed starting mix up top. I had the pots made for some veggies but I made too many so I had these ready.

Clone Update:

So I dont think I've had any updates on the clones I took. I took them like end of week 2 of flower. I didnt have any cloning gel so I cut one of my aloe plants up and put some Azos it is for rooting so I mixed it together. I was hoping this would make a good cloning gel. I was just doing too much I prob should of just went with the Aloe and that it. It been like 4-5 weeks and finally one rooted. I was checking like everyday hoping to see roots and I gave up a few days ago. I decided to check today while I had the veggies outside trying to harden them off within the next couple weeks. When I looked I was so surprised because the root has reached the bottom of the cup and another root on the opposite side was almost there. I was glad that it was the clone I bought because I have more seeds of the Applewood. I only took 2 cuts from the clone and 1 from the Applewood. The Applewood cut is still alive but Im not sure if it will root we will see. Next time I will just get some cloning gel and take the cuts earlier.

I know your excited they are getting close.......and is that shadowing or purpling on the leaf edges? ..either way they look great.

They have started to purple up :yummy:. It didnt start until I lowered the temp tho.

Beautiful Don! Smells big in there?

Yep and I dont have a carbon filter so down stairs is a little stinky even tho Im exhausting outside. The place where the hose goes outside is lose and isnt taped up so Im going to have to fix that. I will also get a carbon filter because I dont think the neighbors like the smell of weed on the side of their house lol.

Flower Tent Update:

Day 55 of flower and things are still going well. Everything is still chunking up nicely and of course smells great. I looked at the trichs and most are cloudy with very few amber on the nugs, the sugar leaves have lot s of amber tho. I want a good amount of amber I like for my ganja to put me on my a$$ so I hope these do the job. I was thinking about chopping the Applewood because the leaves are dying pretty quickly. Im hoping it at least makes it until Sunday because Im going out of town Friday and cant just harvest one plant Im going to need to do both at the same time because I still only have one tent. Might look into ordering a 2x2 this weekend so I can get it going in the tent when I get back. My seedlings are small still anyway I they would do fine in the veg area Im just sure they will grow faster with the environment inside the tent. Anyways Im sure you guys want the pics so here they are:

Harvest Update:

So we made it to day 60 of flower and I went ahead and chopped them both down. The leaves were dying fast with the Applewood and didnt want the leaves to sugar leaves to all die as well so I went ahead and harvested both plants. The Ice Cream Cake clone could of made it another week but I just dont have extra space to dry and flower so I chopped it. I have them both hanging in the tent with the humidity set on the humdifier to 60% and since Im growing in the basement My temps in the tent stay around 59-62 degrees. Anytime the humidity gets above 61% I have the AC Infinity fan turn on to bring it down. This is the first time Ive been able to keep things at 60 degrees and 60% humidity so Im hoping for a long nice cure at least 2 weeks. Im still hoping that I can start pressing the trim and larf ASAP. And let the top buds get a nice cure before touching them. Im hoping for a month cure before dipping into the jars but we will see lol.

Harvest Update:

So we made it to day 60 of flower and I went ahead and chopped them both down. The leaves were dying fast with the Applewood and didnt want the leaves to sugar leaves to all die as well so I went ahead and harvested both plants. The Ice Cream Cake clone could of made it another week but I just dont have extra space to dry and flower so I chopped it. I have them both hanging in the tent with the humidity set on the humdifier to 60% and since Im growing in the basement My temps in the tent stay around 59-62 degrees. Anytime the humidity gets above 61% I have the AC Infinity fan turn on to bring it down. This is the first time Ive been able to keep things at 60 degrees and 60% humidity so Im hoping for a long nice cure at least 2 weeks. Im still hoping that I can start pressing the trim and larf ASAP. And let the top buds get a nice cure before touching them. Im hoping for a month cure before dipping into the jars but we will see lol.

Looking good! If I may ask what did your triclomes look like? I think I’ll be done in 2.5 weeks but I think I’m going to try to judge on tri. I want to go heavy amber though. Just not sure when I’ll be done, or if I know when it comes time.

Looking good! If I may ask what did your triclomes look like? I think I’ll be done in 2.5 weeks but I think I’m going to try to judge on tri. I want to go heavy amber though. Just not sure when I’ll be done, or if I know when it comes time.

So the Applewood has a heavy amount of ambers the rest are cloudy. The clone had ambers but just not as many as the Applewood and the rest are cloudy. I only have a x30 jewelers loupe. Im thinking about a digital one or maybe a x60 loupe to get a bit closer. I wanted them both heavy but I didnt want to sacrifice the buds on the Applewood.

Also when you look at the trichs make sure to look at the buds. The sugar leaves for me always have more amber than the buds.

So the Applewood has a heavy amount of ambers the rest are cloudy. The clone had ambers but just not as many as the Applewood and the rest are cloudy. I only have a x30 jewelers loupe. Im thinking about a digital one or maybe a x60 loupe to get a bit closer. I wanted them both heavy but I didnt want to sacrifice the buds on the Applewood.

Also when you look at the trichs make sure to look at the buds. The sugar leaves for me always have more amber than the buds.
Yeah I’m with you I want a good bit of ambers really. That’s my cup of tea, couch lock. I’ve got a 40 x loup and a 100-200x mount to phone /magnifying glass handheld. The loop is easier to use for me. I got a little bit of shake in my hands so the other gadget is a pain. Course I got the cheap one.

Yeah I’m with you I want a good bit of ambers really. That’s my cup of tea, couch lock. I’ve got a 40 x loup and a 100-200x mount to phone /magnifying glass handheld. The loop is easier to use for me. I got a little bit of shake in my hands so the other gadget is a pain. Course I got the cheap one.
I used to have the macro lens for my phone I thought it worked pretty good but I have a newer phone I wonder if I can find it but I doubt it .

Back
Top Bottom