Switching to LED'S question

sontnewb

I am thinking of switching from 600 watt HPS and switching to thousand watt LEDs to cut back on my hydro consumption has anyone had any success with using LEDS and if so what brands are good to use?

I am thinking of switching from 600 watt HPS and switching to thousand watt LEDs to cut back on my hydro consumption has anyone had any success with using LEDS and if so what brands are good to use?
I'm using 2 Mars hydro 96 reflectors right now. Haven't had it to awful long. But it seems OK so far. If your a do it yourself kinda guy I advise u in looking into building your own. That's my next venture. Either Cree or cob Led's

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using 420

35ce71fd25943d5b2b9b40a47d4e4f2a.jpg
2dbb9984b3236416108c40901b63accf.jpg

I would hazard a guess that LED's are outnumbering HPS/MH these days...the 1000 Watt should easily replace the 600 HPS...but you have to factor in light footprint and your grow space...sometimes may have to use multiple units of lower wattage to get adequate coverage during flower...remember you are striving for 50 "true" watts per square foot of space...A # of sponsors here that cater to all growers...from budget to more expensive...Cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Will do ty both. After its all said and done I'm only gonna have five plants . I haven't did the math yet but I'm thinking I'm pretty close. Plants are thriving so far. Both these leds make it easier to move shit when u need to also. Different ways to set your lights

How many plants in your 4 x 4 using the 1200?

Do you use more then just that light?

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

Four plants. That's the only light in that tent and I'll grow those four start to finish under it.

Thks i was looking into the epistar 320 still but wondering if more lighting is needed for a 4-6 plant full growth.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

My baskets are marked so it's easy to do a 90 degree turn each day when the light comes on. Four plants in the 4x4 gets tight so rotation is needed to make sure there is even light distribution and growth.

My baskets are marked so it's easy to do a 90 degree turn each day when the light comes on. Four plants in the 4x4 gets tight so rotation is needed to make sure there is even light distribution and growth.

Yup, under the 1200 that's what I'm doing too. Rotating the crop.
With just the 1200 in my bloom room, I feel like I need more light. So I've ordered and I'm waiting for the mars II pro 320 to be sent.
Let's see if this new line of mars products have improved, or if mars just shits the bed huh?

Indoors - 600W MH - GSC & Blueberry

LED GSC & Hash plant

Back
Top Bottom