Taking a Small Break

GMASON

After years of daily dank use Ive decided that I need to not smoke for a few weeks. I yearn for the times of getting silly high. I only smoke the best of whats available here in Memphis so I cant just smoke better shit. Getting high is costing me a fortune these days! How long of a break do I need to take to bring back that feeling? I will be moving to LA at the end of the year so I think that the variety a MMJ card provides will help with this problem but for now I need help. Its really tough to take any breaks simply because everything I do I want to be high doing. This weekend Batman comes out and it pains me to think of seeing it sober. I know many of you have dealt with this problem so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The less you smoke the more you tolerance will go down. Just bring it down gradually, then stop for a week or two. You'll be getting the chuckles before you know it.

Yea getting on this forum makes it even harder to not smoke but I fell on love with the site when I found it.

dude i definately feel your pain. i got arrested on 4/20 and now im on probation for 6 months. i havnt smoked for a couple of months now (if you can believe it!) and even tho im not off probo yet. tonight me and my friends went to watch superbad on this huge lawn screen they set up by the college and my friend had some mango kush so i couldnt resist...it was delicious and i was BLAZED.

i also caught a charge not long ago. Luckily for me I received unsupervised probation so no drug tests. Oh and yea if theyre showing a funny ass movie and your buddy has some fire weed then how can you resist. Youre only human and thats just too much temptation. I bet you were feeling on top of the world after 2 months of not smoking,

OOOH yea. i couldnt remember being that high. loved every minute of it:ganjamon: now i just cant wait for step brothers and pineapple express comes out (i know that was random but the commercials just came on and i thought i should mention...lol)

try switching strains, you build a tolerance to any particular strain...
even though it may be the best bud in your neck of the woods, you can still build a tolerance to it...
indica will bring you down, sativa will give you that silly high you are looking for...

try switching strains, you build a tolerance to any particular strain...
even though it may be the best bud in your neck of the woods, you can still build a tolerance to it...
indica will bring you down, sativa will give you that silly high you are looking for...

Thanks 420 that was kind of my thought. thats why i cant wait to move to Cali so I can choose the high I want. Plus I can surf and snowboard all in one day. AHH heaven

I feel you too! I stop once a year or so for 2 weeks to clear my head and lower my tolerance. Last year I had some serious shit gong down and had to stop for a month and a half and one day I bought a joint and stopped on the side of the road on my motorbike down a side to hit it and then, when I had had my fill, carried on riding to my destination. It was scary! I felt like I was in a time warp or something with the sensation that I was riding a horse through the forest instead of my bike on the road - and I was a warrior from an ancient time on a spiritual quest. I have not been that high since! I need to quit it for a week again soon! :peace:

^^^:laughtwo::cheesygrinsmiley::goof::rofl:

It's truly amazing the difference after stopping for even a week (which seems about how long I need to quit to not feel any residual effect). The next hit you take will be like coming home. Very familiar but very trippy. I recommend it if you can do it. I can only go a day or two before my chronic injuries start to cry out. :peace:

Tolerance is the problem. Tolerance to a strain, or to cannabis in general. Try different strains, and of course you can always smoke more if your pockets allow it. However the only way to break tolerence is to take a break. Sometimes it can take a matter of weeks, to a month or so before you actually start getting reasonably high again. Everybody who smokes marijuana wish's they could go back in time to when they first started smoking. But truth of the matter is you will NEVER get that high again.

SG

I agree. Just as different strains have different effects they also have thier own tolerances. If you don't want to stop completely, try "crop rotation". Do you have a friend that lives somewhere else or at least has a completely different source? Every couple months or so trade bags with them. You'll think his is great, and surprisingly he'll like that stuff you're tired of.

i was just bitching about how I won't have weed for 2 weeks and i've never been without weed since I was in 12th grade...almost a decade ago.
Now Im kinda looking forward to it because once I do smoke, i'll just keel over and fry!

i like the high you get when you go without and hit it again harder than ever, blows your mind.
right now im on a mandatory holiday and i spent all my holiday pay on the first weekend, now i have no weed, no money, and the only stoner mates with weed live ages away. so i havnt been stoned since like, a few days ago, and i wont be able to again untill after the 27th (my first pay day when i go back).
thats over a week, and il be sure to describe my experience when i can get high again.

Well I said it would be a small break and that it was. I went one week and four days without smoking and I started back yesterday. I got a quarter of some trainwreck and started first thing yesterday morning. My girl and I had a wonderful wake and bake and then went to see Batman The Dark Knight. I was baked out of my mind and the movie was awesome. Then we came back home and watched some The Office reruns. We had a wonderful day and laughed till we cried. Oh and I got that silly high back if only for a short while.

Back
Top Bottom