Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Cobs....Cobs....what can I say about Cobs? Hmmmmm......how about HOLY SHITTTT!!! I visited with Sue on Saturday & being the sweetie that she is she let me take a couple hoots on a carnival cob!!! Mmmmmmm......very tasty! The buzz......very insightful....light & airy & clear & smiley feeling......grinning ear to ear actually......one word: Convinced.... My advice to anyone who hasn't tried it.....DO IT!!! Well worth it. Tangwena.....this method kicks ass buddy! Zero doubt here! Damn....... I wanna be your neighbors!!! Hehehe :goodjob::eek:

Cob concentrates, what a way to a girls heart, my goodness.

I need to sort out a secure indoor grow so I can get started on more cobs. The smoke is phenomenal, and chewing it might have to remain as a sometimes-venture. It's on the borderline of too much haha. Jar cured is done for me, this stuff is amazing.
Smoking the oil is just as intense as chewing it but shorter duration but it will change your day after one hit ha ha.

Cobs....Cobs....what can I say about Cobs? Hmmmmm......how about HOLY SHITTTT!!! I visited with Sue on Saturday & being the sweetie that she is she let me take a couple hoots on a carnival cob!!! Mmmmmmm......very tasty! The buzz......very insightful....light & airy & clear & smiley feeling......grinning ear to ear actually......one word: Convinced.... My advice to anyone who hasn't tried it.....DO IT!!! Well worth it. Tangwena.....this method kicks ass buddy! Zero doubt here! Damn....... I wanna be your neighbors!!! Hehehe :goodjob::eek:
Sweet Sue is doing gods work my friend you were lucky to meet her everywhere she goes she's spreading joy my friend.
Seeing responses like yours is what its all about. Some good done that day Sue.

I suppose this is true. It follows what we know of fermentation, but I see it as a non-issue. I agree with Tangwena that Ed's writing on the subject lacks the tone of experience.

I can tell you that the sweat didn't produce any smells I found unsavory at all, and from Tangwena's accounts the smell simply gets sweeter as the fermenting progresses.
Think of all the products we use that have gone through a process that utilizes fermentation, beer, wine etc. We can use fermintation to create new products with interesting taste and affects. However fermentation left to its own will not produce the same results and will ruin the base product. In our case improperly managed fermentation will have a terrible effect on the material we worked so hard for but with good management of the fermentation process can yield a wonderful end product.

I am sure I just heard some of Sue's cobs falling into a pan, or was it my imagination?

Haha! It was your imagination.....for now. :rofl: You know my curious nature well. :hug: I have some Everclear on hand. This may be what I was saving it for.

Cob concentrates, what a way to a girls heart, my goodness.

I need to sort out a secure indoor grow so I can get started on more cobs. The smoke is phenomenal, and chewing it might have to remain as a sometimes-venture. It's on the borderline of too much haha. Jar cured is done for me, this stuff is amazing.

It really is amazing isn't it? It's one of those things I'm still asking myself if I built it up in my head so much I'm imagining ????? And then I take a couple more hits and I'm back in that happy place.

Where I won't be today. Lol! Two cob-chewing days in a row for me necessitates a day's break. I'm learning my limits. :battingeyelashes:

And that was only a couple hits! Wait until you have a whole cob to play with. You may need to get permission to grow more plants. Or wait until I have a bigger selection. :battingeyelashes:

Which reminds me, @TorturedSoul, I have some Malawi cob that needs to find its way to you. I'll be going to mail some cards off later. :hug:

Smoking the oil is just as intense as chewing it but shorter duration but it will change your day after one hit ha ha.

It sounds akin to taking hits of dabs, which is a serious overload to the endocannabinoid system, your fundemental healing force. In the same way I caution against using dabs exclusively Il caution you all to go gently and thoughtfully into the land if smoking cob oil.

Sweet Sue is doing gods work my friend you were lucky to meet her everywhere she goes she's spreading joy my friend.
Seeing responses like yours is what its all about. Some good done that day Sue.

Awww......thanks. :battingeyelashes: This is apparently my calling, the passionate den mother of a loving band of curious cannabis explorers. Believe me, I know how special this relationship is. :battingeyelashes::green_heart:

Think of all the products we use that have gone through a process that utilizes fermentation, beer, wine etc. We can use fermintation to create new products with interesting taste and affects. However fermentation left to its own will not produce the same results and will ruin the base product. In our case improperly managed fermentation will have a terrible effect on the material we worked so hard for but with good management of the fermentation process can yield a wonderful end product.

Well hello HappyHemper. :hug::hug::hug: Has our excitement pulled in another curious soul? :yahoo: Are you in a position to try at least one cob? As you can see, almost no one stopped at one. Lol! The longer we go along the more of us start talking about cobbing the whole harvest. Lol!

I still like the flower of Carnival, but I haven't been smoking those cobs yet, mostly chewing them. I'll be smoking from one exclusively today...well, except for the Carnival brownie I'll probably be having before lunch. Hehe! I do appreciate a space and time-shifting buzz a little more than the average bear.

Today’s fare:

It always surprises me how dense this one is. I made it on the day of harvest, the wettest one yet. This is the first day I’m devoting to smoking this cob. Up to now I’ve played mostly with smoking the other Carnival cob and chewing this one.

I’m finding that chewed cobs make a nice baseline, different from my brownie baseline. So I’m not necessarily consuming less cannabis, just shifting my euphoric experiences around, or better phrased, building a better buzz, learning how to combine the options to climb higher above the curvature. :battingeyelashes:

Three hits. Pretty devastating. Lol! I’m going to try for more, but to be honest, I had to ramp up the courage to take the third one. Lol!

OMG @JustMeds. What have you done? Not that I’m complaining, mind you. Quite the contrary. :slide:

Ok guys... I’m going back in to try for two more hits before I head to lunch at the senior center. Today they’re giving out vouchers for the Farmer’s market. It’ll be jam-packed with people that only stop for this give-away. Won’t that be fun? :battingeyelashes:

Let the cbdutch treat cobs breath a bit today. Top cobs were fermented for 18 hours and the bottom 2 were dryer to begin with and only got 12 hours. This is after 8 days of 77-84f . Starting to really get a good smell to them

This one split on me but you can see the goodness happening.

This technique simply put concentrates the oils and with the process increases potency of what ever you're cobbing. Correct?

In a nutshell. It’s not so much an increase in potency as a change of euphoric expression. The fermentation is changing the way the components dance their synergistic celebration in a way we don’t quite understand. We’ll need some testing to better grasp what’s happening.

Let the cbdutch treat cobs breath a bit today. Top cobs were fermented for 18 hours and the bottom 2 were dryer to begin with and only got 12 hours. This is after 8 days of 77-84f . Starting to really get a good smell to them

This one split on me but you can see the goodness happening.
Looking good my friend Sue is a good guide she understands how this works and how to get there.
With the darker cobs take care during the fermentation/curing stage to not over ferment them you will loose the nice aromas.
Luckily not the effects. I have several cobs I accidently over fermented they smell bad, taste bad but still knock my socks off.
Its just way nicer to keep the sweet fermented smell if you can, so when you get the ripe sweet smell start slowly drying them to harness that smell.
Choosing the right moment to halt fermentation/curing is one of the critical stages we need to master to get the sweet spot locked in for that particular type of plant use your nose.
But looking good so far you should have a winner.

Looking good my friend Sue is a good guide she understands how this works and how to get there.
With the darker cobs take care during the fermentation/curing stage to not over ferment them you will loose the nice aromas.
Luckily not the effects. I have several cobs I accidently over fermented they smell bad, taste bad but still knock my socks off.
Its just way nicer to keep the sweet fermented smell if you can, so when you get the ripe sweet smell start slowly drying them to harness that smell.
Choosing the right moment to halt fermentation/curing is one of the critical stages we need to master to get the sweet spot locked in for that particular type of plant use your nose.
But looking good so far you should have a winner.
Thanks tangwena. Coming from you I must be doing something right. Any tips on the lighter looking ones?

Thanks tangwena. Coming from you I must be doing something right. Any tips on the lighter looking ones?
Hi my friend the lighter cures are from less sweating say 12 hours or even no sweating but warmer curing/fermenting stages.
They are slower longer cures. i have had some well fermented Panama x Honduras the dry aged cob looks just like beef jerky and even smells a little like sweet floral beef jerky.
I will post a pic later when the sun comes out to get better natural light.

The way to get variety in the cures is from varying the drying prior to sweating.
Varying the sweating time or skipping it all together.
Varying the length and temp/humidity of the cure time.
lots of parameters to vary and adjust you can see why it takes so long to find the different cure styles.
I just think along the lines of what the villagers had at their disposal regarding the mechanics of curing. They were poor farmers and only had the natural environment and man made mud walled thatch roofed houses yet could vary the product so much by just varying those 3 stages of the cure.

One tip when chewing if you dont want to be high all day or just for shorter periods just chew the cob suck the juices out but dont swallow the chewed bud.
The high from just chewing is more euphoric the stone comes from the swallowed material in my experience.
Today I will be doing just that as this cob being dark will be very trippy and if I swallow it after chewing the stone will prevent me from driving while the euphoric high comes down by the 3 or 4 hr stage and I can drive in the afternoon.

Hi my friend the lighter cures are from less sweating say 12 hours or even no sweating but warmer curing/fermenting stages.
They are slower longer cures. i have had some well fermented Panama x Honduras the dry aged cob looks just like beef jerky and even smells a little like sweet floral beef jerky.
I will post a pic later when the sun comes out to get better natural light.

The way to get variety in the cures is from varying the drying prior to sweating.
Varying the sweating time or skipping it all together.
Varying the length and temp/humidity of the cure time.
lots of parameters to vary and adjust you can see why it takes so long to find the different cure styles.
I just think along the lines of what the villagers had at their disposal regarding the mechanics of curing. They where poor farmers and only had the natural environment and man made mud walled thatch roofed houses yet could vary the product so much by just varying those 3 stages of the cure.

One tip when chewing if you dont want to be high all day or just for shorter periods just chew the cob suck the juices out but dont swallow the chewed bud.
The high from just chewing is more euphoric the stone comes from the swallowed material in my experience.
Today I will be doing just that as this cob being dark will be very trippy and if I swallow it after chewing the stone will prevent me from driving while the euphoric high comes down by the 3 or 4 hr stage and I can drive in the afternoon.
Thanks for that reply. It's starting to make more sense.

Okay, I got to try this! Thanks y’all.

Hehe! Enticed another one. :slide:

:welcome: Dirtdemon. You won't regret it. When will you be in a position to try? What chemovar are you considering?

@tangwena, thank you for all that shared insight :hug: The cob I chose today was mismanaged in the fermentation stage. When I opened it the smell was more sour than sweet, but I could still pick up the sweet undertones, so I kept it.

That 0.5 grams I pulled off kept me completely stoned all day long. Lol! I don't really care to be stoned, but this is a different type of euphoria, stoned yet alert, and I kept coming back for a couple more hits. There were moments today when I forgot where I was. Lol!

I didn't seem to get a lot done today, though I suspect more than I realize, (I was really high) but I did a lot of thinking on a current project and had a couple breakthroughs. The choice turned out to be a perfect fit for my day. I like the effects of smoking. It's so smooth it surprises me every time. I'm starting to expect it.

Didn't take the last hits until near 5 PM. A blistering ride that at times had my palms sweating. Whew! These cobs are fun, eh?

Back
Top Bottom