Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

A couple of quick questions. I am only about 17 pages through and the answers may be there, but here you go.

I make a lot of infused oils. Do you change an of your ratios when making oil with cobs? I currently use 1g/oz of oil along with 1T lecithin per cup of oil. For my brownies, I powder the bud with a coffee grinder and use everything. Also, has anybody soaked the cob in a carrier oil infuse with lecithin before chewing.:thanks::circle-of-love::peace:
I personally never have used cobs for infused oil. To me the best thing about cobs is how smooth they smoke.

I did squish some in a rosen forge and the rosen did seem extra potent so if you do infuse oil I’d experiment a bit with dosing or you might accidentally make sleep inducing oil.

:passitleft:

@Dave Groomer what do you use that oil for - the 1 fl. oz. per gram bud recipe?

Everything :). For topical use, 1g/ oz of grape seed oil. Cook for 4 hr @235f and strian well. Put in a roller ball with 5 or 6 drops of your favorite essential oil and it is a great take anywhere for pain. Roll it on you temples and the back of your neck for headaches. Thicken it with soy wax and you have a cream. Coconut oil for brownies. Grind bud to powder and do not strain the oil. Olive oil for my patients that are trying to find the sweet spot between no pain and no high for work. Easy to dose by the drop for some of my patients. :circle-of-love::peace:

Dave I made a mini batch using finely ground cob and coconut oil. I used a gram of cob and 30 ml of oil.

It is very pleasant indeed :thumb:

Top left jar is the fine grind cob before oil was added.

What is also very pleasant is to stick a damp finger on to the fine ground cob and eat what sticks to your finger.

Very pleasant, tastes better than unground cob to me, and its very effective. So much so that I'll probably not do another oil infusion with cob. No need to bother.

I harvested my Blue Cheese and Blueberry crop so I finally got to try this. I took about two ounces of smaller Blueberry buds and split them in two. I then rolled them tightly in cheese cloth (easier to find for me) and put them in the Sous Vide cooker for the 40 C sweat. There wasn't much free moisture after 24 hrs but I lightly squeezed them in paper towel to get rid of any excess in the cheese cloth. Just pulled them out of the bag after 7 days at 25 C. They are obviously fermented by the odour of organic acids. They look amazing. Now all I have to do is wait another six week of curing. This hobby certainly takes patience.

I harvested my Blue Cheese and Blueberry crop so I finally got to try this. I took about two ounces of smaller Blueberry buds and split them in two. I then rolled them tightly in cheese cloth (easier to find for me) and put them in the Sous Vide cooker for the 40 C sweat. There wasn't much free moisture after 24 hrs but I lightly squeezed them in paper towel to get rid of any excess in the cheese cloth. Just pulled them out of the bag after 7 days at 25 C. They are obviously fermented by the odour of organic acids. They look amazing. Now all I have to do is wait another six week of curing. This hobby certainly takes patience.

Looks good my friend I would dry them to the touch then seal them up and touch dry weekly for the next 4 weeks.
Try to aim for smokeable very slightly moist cobs at the end of 4 weeks. Sealed up they last forever and stay nice and sweetly aromatic.

Cobbing today early PuntoRojo x ColJam green and purple phenos. They are not out of focus its your eyes ha ha.

PRxCJ #1.JPG
PR xCJ #2.JPG

What is also very pleasant is to stick a damp finger on to the fine ground cob and eat what sticks to your finger.

Very pleasant, tastes better than unground cob to me, and its very effective. So much so that I'll probably not do another oil infusion with cob. No need to bother.

Intriguing.... I'll have to give this grinding thing a try. You keep tempting us into more natural ways of consuming cannabis Oldbear. :hug:

WooHoo! :yahoo: Wait until you test some Dusted. :slide: Next time you open to let surface dry allow yourself at least a small taste. Then you'll have some reference for the changeable nature of the cobs.

Well done! :high_five: Welcome to your newest passion.

They are not out of focus its your eyes ha ha.

:rofl: No fair. Most of us are high. Lol!

Ground a little Carnival cob for morning delight. Much easier to ingest ground to a fine powder. Dampen the finger, dip, lick, fly. :slide:

Thank you @ Oldbear.

Here is my first cob and canary. I had some Incredible Bulk that was not dried completely. His was at 75% when it as cobbed. I didn't bother posting pics of the "Cob-a-tron" since it is basically the same as others. :) The cob is in at 104. I will check in 12 hours. :circle-of-love::peace:

A Christmas cob! Oh Dave....what glorious timing. :slide:

Back
Top Bottom