Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

You’re having wonderful timing dajerm. :high-five: I’d take that as a very good sign of more good coming your way. :battingeyelashes:

Breakfast preparations, cob style

I have one more day before I head back to my temporary home, and I’ve decided to take this opportunity to try something I’ve been contemplating for some time.

I’m soaking a piece of Dark Devil Auto cob overnight in the smallest bit of whiskey. I’ll chew it in the morning before BTzGrow and I head out for breakfast and a beach visit.

It’s already turning the whiskey purple. Lol! This should release all the canna goodness in record time. :slide:

I’ll try to remember to stop by in the afternoon and share the experience. :battingeyelashes:
Cant say how cool it is that ColaC posted that link, same day you shared that machine with me... and this scientific setup is cheaper, and looks crazy cool! Yep, feeling like soon I will be making some good stuff!
KaSCOBS2.JPG
ledo51.jpeg
ledo52.jpeg

The last is Purple Haze x Honduras by Kas
The first two are half a pounders by ledo not their real names ha ha.
KaSCOBS2.JPG
Wow Tangwena, those are beautiful! Thank you for sharing... I can hardly wait till I get to try something as beautiful as those cobs!

You animal you ha ha. Where are all the good women when you need them ha ha.

Look around at all these happy men. A great multitude of them have a woman as adventurous standing beside them. Alright....maybe I’m just a tad more adventurous. Lol!

My soaking cob looks slightly dangerous this morning.

I’m already well-buzzed on the two sativa chocolates I tested at 6:30 AM and I thought about that before impulsively popping the entire soaked cob into my mouth. I weighed a comparably-sized piece and it comes out to .7 grams, so in the interest of remaining functionally conversational at breakfast I’m going to chew half of what I have soaking in a couple minutes and save the rest for my pre-flight chew tomorrow.

This should be fun. :slide: I’ll be soooo high by the time I’m walking along the beach. Lol! Last time I was in San Diego I was staying on the beach but couldn’t get high because my companions weren’t indulgent of cannabis. Yesterday was spent wonderfully euphoric start to finish and I learned why you always want to be buzzed when you’re walking the beach. :battingeyelashes:

Hopefully I’ll be back. Lol! :ciao:

Look around at all these happy men. A great multitude of them have a woman as adventurous standing beside them. Alright....maybe I’m just a tad more adventurous. Lol!

My soaking cob looks slightly dangerous this morning.

I’m already well-buzzed on the two sativa chocolates I tested at 6:30 AM and I thought about that before impulsively popping the entire soaked cob into my mouth. I weighed a comparably-sized piece and it comes out to .7 grams, so in the interest of remaining functionally conversational at breakfast I’m going to chew half of what I have soaking in a couple minutes and save the rest for my pre-flight chew tomorrow.

This should be fun. :slide: I’ll be soooo high by the time I’m walking along the beach. Lol! Last time I was in San Diego I was staying on the beach but couldn’t get high because my companions weren’t indulgent of cannabis. Yesterday was spent wonderfully euphoric start to finish and I learned why you always want to be buzzed when you’re walking the beach. :battingeyelashes:

Hopefully I’ll be back. Lol! :ciao:
That looks real Christmas fair, like boiled fruit in liquor you may have just started a new trend my dear.
I like soaking some cob in Mezcal or Tequila for Christmas Margaritas its a tradition in my house.
My wife has Margaritas, oysters and crayfish for breakfast then leaves me all alone for the day to cook the dinner.
Thats because she ALWAYS passes out after the second drink leaving me all fired up with nowhere to go ha ha.

@dajerm119
"Yep, feeling like soon I will be making some good stuff!"
I'm curious what you've got up your sleeve...I sense it will be flavorful, aromatic, and knock out powerful - am I warm? Love me some R&D Lol
Well honestly, I don't have anything up my sleeve YET!
I need to do a lot of research first... total newb to most of this stuff. But once I get a distiller and begin I will be sure to post results!

I had so much going on yesterday I didn’t find time to stop and share my impressions. I was sitting at breakfast with BTzGrow, watching the waves crash in Ocean Beach and the surfers waiting their big chance when the cob made all my skin tingle. Lol! It was kinda surreal.

I don’t know that the cob kicks in any faster, but it did carry me a good part of the day and I went to bed hours earlier than normal, not entirely because I had to rise at 4 AM to get to my flight. Cobs wear me out. Lol!

On my way out the door this morning I popped the remaining bits into my mouth, and I’m finishing that chew right now. It should be an interesting flight. Lol!

The alcohol soak does make chewing easier, but I suspect a carrier oil would work just as well and be better medicine.

I’ll be so thankful when traveling with cannabis becomes as normal as traveling with any other food.

For those of you that vape your cobs, like I do, a regrind will give you a lot more vape from the cobs. Halfway into the vape session I remove the half-vaped herb, grind it again and put it back in the vaporiser.
Doing this to buds gives me about 25% more vape on each load. With the cobs it gives about 50% more due to how poorly the cobs will grind at first. You need to use a grinder that grinds very finely. I'm using one with pyramid shaped teeth that'll turn the cobs to powder when it's ground after it has been dried a bit by the vaporiser.
Unfortunately this makes my edibles less potent, since I use the AVB to make canna oil, but I prioritise the immediate use of my herbs.
Also for smoking it, I even believe that the finer the herb is ground, the more effect you'll get from it. I think it pays off to spend some time grinding your cobs finely even for smoking.

For those of you that vape your cobs, like I do, a regrind will give you a lot more vape from the cobs. Halfway into the vape session I remove the half-vaped herb, grind it again and put it back in the vaporiser.
Doing this to buds gives me about 25% more vape on each load. With the cobs it gives about 50% more due to how poorly the cobs will grind at first. You need to use a grinder that grinds very finely. I'm using one with pyramid shaped teeth that'll turn the cobs to powder when it's ground after it has been dried a bit by the vaporiser.
Unfortunately this makes my edibles less potent, since I use the AVB to make canna oil, but I prioritise the immediate use of my herbs.
Also for smoking it, I even believe that the finer the herb is ground, the more effect you'll get from it. I think it pays off to spend some time grinding your cobs finely even for smoking.
I couldn’t agree more Nick, I have found the same to be true when smoking it. I’ll use the grinder the normal way until it all falls through, then I turn it upside down and grind more, until it is nice and fine. It can be a challenge to turn the grinder at times! Very sticky!!

Doob grinds his upside down to keep from cluttering the screen with cob gumminess. It seems to work really well for him.

Hello, so it’s the 3rd week of cure and this is the first time I have smoked, well vaped, since August. Finally got over a bad lung infection that has left me coughing for months. I was worried about the cough, but the combination of vaping and curing has left me coughless! And very happy :) Not much to say except it is very cerebral without my head feeling like it is stuffed with cotton. Ok total contradiction, but a body stone as well, very relaxing. Oh, I smoked the grapefruit haze cob, what a beautiful smell.

Hello, so it’s the 3rd week of cure and this is the first time I have smoked, well vaped, since August. Finally got over a bad lung infection that has left me coughing for months. I was worried about the cough, but the combination of vaping and curing has left me coughless! And very happy :) Not much to say except it is very cerebral without my head feeling like it is stuffed with cotton. Ok total contradiction, but a body stone as well, very relaxing. Oh, I smoked the grapefruit haze cob, what a beautiful smell.

There ya go! :yahoo:

What thrilled me the most was hearing how gently cob smoke introduced cannabinoids to your lungs. Well done ArtMonkey. :welldone:

I smoked some Dark Devil Auto cob last night, some of the tastiest buds I grow. This cob's been curing for about 2 1/2 months now, and the taste and effect keep improving. No matter how often I smoke cob I'm still impressed with the smoothness. Last night's first hit was with a freshly-cleaned bong, and OMG, what deliciousness! It's a good thing I plan to live another 30 years. Maybe by the end I'll have some understanding of the alchemy we're pulling off with cob's. Lol!

For the travelers

Odour Absorbing & Water Resistant Luggage

Each one our bags are built with our custom layering system, designed for odour absorption and water resistance. The outer shell is a rubber-backed nylon or canvas construction; it is woven for strength and backed with silicon to protect what’s inside by keeping water out, while also helping to keep smells in. Between the outer shell and inner lining is our Carbon Filter System that works to absorb unwanted odours and prevent them from escaping. The soft, inner cotton lining serves as a protective barrier between the carbon filters and the bag’s contents. This layer increases the longevity of the filters and adds to the overall proven durability of the bag. Each Revelry bag has waterproof zipper, genuine leather accents and metal hardware.

For the travelers

Odour Absorbing & Water Resistant Luggage

Each one our bags are built with our custom layering system, designed for odour absorption and water resistance. The outer shell is a rubber-backed nylon or canvas construction; it is woven for strength and backed with silicon to protect what’s inside by keeping water out, while also helping to keep smells in. Between the outer shell and inner lining is our Carbon Filter System that works to absorb unwanted odours and prevent them from escaping. The soft, inner cotton lining serves as a protective barrier between the carbon filters and the bag’s contents. This layer increases the longevity of the filters and adds to the overall proven durability of the bag. Each Revelry bag has waterproof zipper, genuine leather accents and metal hardware.

Gazoo.... You find the neatest stuff. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom