Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Neiko,

How much does it cost to run those tests?

Sue,

Glad to hear you had a good day! Your description: "It feels so natural you don’t often equate it with being high, until you stop and take notice, to realize how very high you are". That is cobs in a nutshell for me so far.

Cheers,

- lazyf

Hey sweet sue. What a amazing process this seems to be. I think this may be what I’m looking for to bring back the ole school weed I once remember getting.I’m going to have to catch up before saying to much. Just wanted to take a seat and gather as much of this info as possible before giving it a try.

:welcome: to the playground Darkscotia. The old school weed was probably closer to a even ratio or slightly higher CBD. Have you ever tried a balanced ratio? We’ve grown so used to the high THC that we started thinking that was normal.

Normal in the wild is an even ratio. Back when we were all smoking Mexican brick weed it was probably closer to wild than we have access to now. It turns out to be that highly, happy stuff we remember.

This process turns good cannabis into OMG! cannabis. Lol!

Neiko,

Sue,

Glad to hear you had a good day! Your description: "It feels so natural you don’t often equate it with being high, until you stop and take notice, to realize how very high you are". That is cobs in a nutshell for me so far.

Cheers,

- lazyf

Oh good. :slide: That’s really good to hear. I always worry that I’m having an experience no one else is because I live in this bubble of joy to begin with. Lol!

Hello All,

Here is a new batch of cobs. Fresh out of a 48 hour sweat. From top to bottom: Cheese, Love, Dr Grinspoon, and the fresh and not rehydrated Dutch Delight. WAY different smell off this one. Like beef jerky or some sort of Asian food that I cannot put my finger on....

Cheers,

Lazyfish

Okay... What to grow (and cob up) so that I can regain the pleasure of getting to chew Bazooka Joe bubble gum (the old-fashioned kind kind that seems like a pink rock until you get it chewed up, lol) that I lost when I got my denture? Painstakingly scraping (and scraping, and scraping, and SCRAPING) bubble gum off of my upper plate is not an experience I care to repeat.

But, oh, I miss Bazooka Joe gum so....[/QUOTE
:thumb:Bazooka Joe, do you miss the comics also?:bongrip::Namaste:

They all have their own smell. Beautiful. I just don't really know when to stop the wet cure part and then dry and age? ??

l

First, let your nose tell you. This is very subjective, and almost impossible to explain, but they told me they were ready, and the smell when I opened them up this morning was noticeably different and sweeter somehow.

The taste was more subdued today. The buzz was...... how to explain something that feels so normal, yet is far from what everyone around you considers normal? Maybe tomorrow I’ll get a better handle on it. I made certain to chop off enough for tomorrow too, and possibly the next day.

I also tracked their weight. They’re just around 50% of starting weight in my case.

So respectful, indeed

Wait? like half the original dried weight? Rehydrated, cobbed and dried - makes it weigh less?

Half the weight going into the cob. I started with buds hanging two days.

Aha! Ok. That makes more sense.

I have a few.... 12? different cobs. I think some of them are a month old or more.... almost 2 months. Maybe it's time to have another smell....
Hi my friend those in the pic look like they need drying and aging now. The rehydrated I cant say much about its like trying to bring the dead back to life in my book. But its not going to make much difference to the resin so you will not ruin the buds at all and may improve them I dont know.

The strain is Carnival which is 80% sativa. It a haze strain. According to seedfinder its Mexican x Columbian x thai x India. The dried flowers are a 2 hit quit. I'll be taking my flower sample into the lab tomorrow for potency and terpenes and I'll test a cob of it when they get to where I like them. I liked the rush of energy, motivation and overall good mood. We tried them 4 days into the ferment so it was still really early. I'm sure this is something I'll want to keep doing. The wife was asking for another sample tonight but I already sealed the back up, she has to wait a week now.
Wow thats some classy genetics I cant believe they will not do the trick they look perfect and ready to age.
Dry them to touch and the wrap them up for 4 weeks I cant believe they will not be perfect they look spot on to me.
I think with that lineage the high will be right up there you may need to double your last dosage.
The high is so pure you may not recognize it in low doses. But doubled it will impress you I am sure you will then get a full on effect with genetics like those they are crystal clear.
One guy on IC described it as feeling enhanced and not needing to get any higher that is def how I feel on the right dose you may just need more to get there than the average bear.

First, let your nose tell you. This is very subjective, and almost impossible to explain, but they told me they were ready, and the smell when I opened them up this morning was noticeably different and sweeter somehow.

The taste was more subdued today. The buzz was...... how to explain something that feels so normal, yet is far from what everyone around you considers normal? Maybe tomorrow I’ll get a better handle on it. I made certain to chop off enough for tomorrow too, and possibly the next day.

I also tracked their weight. They’re just around 50% of starting weight in my case.
Sue you really understand this stuff I take my hat off to you.
Yes the high is very different to smoking, stronger for longer if you take enough. Sometimes we just need to double up and get experienced to appreciate the effects from low doses thats what I find any way.
I smoked some the other day and its been years since I smoked. I hated the cluttered feeling in my head I will not be doing it again thats for sure.
I am too conditioned to this euphoric enhanced reality I live in these days its crazy, like you can feel the vibes people give off and looking anyone in the eye is a recipe for a trip inside their head its so deep.

Wow thats some classy genetics I cant believe they will not do the trick they look perfect and ready to age.
Dry them to touch and the wrap them up for 4 weeks I cant believe they will not be perfect they look spot on to me.
I think with that lineage the high will be right up there you may need to double your last dosage.
The high is so pure you may not recognize it in low doses. But doubled it will impress you I am sure you will then get a full on effect with genetics like those they are crystal clear.
One guy on IC described it as feeling enhanced and not needing to get any higher that is def how I feel on the right dose you may just need more to get there than the average bear.

I think they are on the right track for sure. An enhanced feeling is spot on. I just didn't know what to expect. I really enjoyed the buzz just wasn't anything like smoking flower. That's not a bad thing, I can function on these cobs. I'm all in!

Neiko,

Tests cost $35 for potency and $25 for terpenes.

Probably depends on the lab. Speaking of which, choose your lab carefully.
Fudging The Numbers?

A complaint submitted to regulators at the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) earlier this year by a group of cannabis industry members accused Bellingham-based Peak Analytics, the state’s largest cannabis testing laboratory, of consistent, large-scale inaccuracies. According to the complaint, Peak “sweetened” its THC content tests, reporting artificially high THC levels. The lab also allegedly rejected an abnormally low number of cannabis samples for microbial contamination.

Analysis of data from the Washington Cannabis Laboratory Association — a group of state-licensed testing labs formed in 2016 — showed significant discrepancies between results of potency tests conducted by Peak Analytics and those performed by the state’s next five largest labs. Peak’s flower samples, on average, measured about five percentage points higher in THC than did those of its competitors.

“These data indicate that Peak Analytics is producing data for flower well outside what should be considered industrywide normative outcomes,” the complaint read. “Traceability data demonstrate that this over-reporting is consistent through time and across grow spaces.”

That means consumers who bought marijuana produced by clients of Peak Analytics may have gotten less potent weed than they paid for. Peak’s practices allegedly became so well known that some retailers used the last specifically to get inflated potency percentages, meaning the products were more valuable, price-wise. “Retailers have noticed that when their marijuana vendors switch testing services to Peak Analytics their potency values go up by 1.5 x,” the complaint claimed.

Et cetera.
What You Should Know About Lab Testing Cannabis For Potency | Uncle Ike's

Yeah I know there are some shady labs out there. I'm more interested in the terpenes than potency. I've confirmed at least my test results have been accurate by extracting oil. A 20% strain should give me about 5 grams of oil from an oz ov flower. I've tested about 30 strains and if they were inflating numbers they weren't doing it for me. I've had results on land race strains come in at 7% thc. I've even extracted oil to calculate the potency myself then had the flower tested and it's always been really close to what I expected.

I think they are on the right track for sure. An enhanced feeling is spot on. I just didn't know what to expect. I really enjoyed the buzz just wasn't anything like smoking flower. That's not a bad thing, I can function on these cobs. I'm all in!

Tests cost $35 for potency and $25 for terpenes.
Hi my friend I had some cob I made from some Swazi grass I grew last year. I had it at 9am this morning and I am still buzzing wide awake at 9.30pm its very euphoric and crystal clear like every day is the best day you've ever had.
Everything is outstanding and makes me happy. Thats the African grass for you its what I remember invigorating and energizing.
Its like being in peak condition with optimism pouring out of every pore nothing could bring me down kind of feeling.
How to top it off tomorrow? I have a lovely Mozambique cob to try tomorrow the last time i tried it over a year ago I remember thinking this is energizing so its another day feeling like I just won the lottery ha ha

That is very close to how this feels Tangwena, like I won the lottery. Lol! Time for a morning chew of the Malawi. I'll up the dose this time. :slide:

I love when you pop in, tangwena. You smoked some and didn't like it? That says a lot I can;t wait to chew a real cob myself.

Neiko,

Hello again.

I have a lebanese landrace strain that is supposed to be high in CBD. Can you give me the name of the labs you use, Neiko.

The ones I found here in Oregon want $75 just to test potency....

Wow, you tested 30 strains? Have you posted the results anywhere?

Back
Top Bottom