Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Hey Murk, I imagine you might be better looking at some of the cancer related threads on here for how other folk have been using bud to treat themselves, and then try to approximate an approach that works for someone else. Good luck.
Thanks Stunger
have already done considerable research. Would have liked rso for this specific application but would be illegal to make a product here without using toxic solvents.
Would like to try cobbing for infusions so that i would also have cob for long term storage. I may have to fork out for some commercial oil and hope it will prove effective.
Was diagnosed today as squamous whereas I was concerned it was a melonama. I therefore have a bit of time to play with though the doc wants to operate ASAP.

I am in...week 7 of flower of my Malawi...cant wait for it to be mature enuf to harvest and cob it up.

891DC717-C0CA-4187-812B-8D5A4D460AA3.jpeg
Haha only about 7 more weeks to go!

:passitleft:

The corn husks do more than contain the buds. They have grooves that create more surface area. They're air permeable so gasses can pass through. Tangwena says they impart a sweetness and flavor you won't get any other way. Decades ahead of me with this process, living the euphoria I've been dreaming of every day..... Yep, I'll go with the husks.

And I'm thinking of taking a look at ACE sativas. He makes Zamaldelica sound like something I can't possibly resist. Loll!
Hi Sweet Sue, interesting post, I am an old Malawi fan, we grew up smoking it and I have not yet found anything that compares to a properly cured Malawi cob.

Sadly, I don't think they make them anymore because the demand is so high - but I may be wrong.

I have cobbed my grows in the past, using the "bark" from banana plants - which is what was used for the cobs we smoked - not corn husks.

Having said that, I know that in Zimbabwe and Mocambique, corn husks were used to make cobs - I think it may have to do with what grows where...

I have often thought there may be a link between "mellow yellow" (a substance allegedly derived from bananas) and the potency of a cobbed crop.

I will be growing a Malawi (ACE Seeds) in my next grow and have every intention of cobbing the harvest - old style!

Thanks for posting Tangwena's article, I have seen it before and it's really interesting.

Some 2 year old Mulanje cob.
This stuff is so powerfully speedy its like being on primo coke and Malawi grass it doesn't get any better for power.

img_1678-web.jpg
img_1678 (2)-web.jpg

Then my daily love affair with bliss and energy to burn the best high I have had in very long time.
Malawi Gold x Malawi/Ethioipa (from Ace).

img_1682 (2)-web.jpg
Beautiful.......To my memory, all that is missing, are those huge speckled eggs that pass for Malawi seeds....

Hi Sweet Sue, interesting post, I am an old Malawi fan, we grew up smoking it and I have not yet found anything that compares to a properly cured Malawi cob.

Sadly, I don't think they make them anymore because the demand is so high - but I may be wrong.

I have cobbed my grows in the past, using the "bark" from banana plants - which is what was used for the cobs we smoked - not corn husks.

Having said that, I know that in Zimbabwe and Mocambique, corn husks were used to make cobs - I think it may have to do with what grows where...

I have often thought there may be a link between "mellow yellow" (a substance allegedly derived from bananas) and the potency of a cobbed crop.

I will be growing a Malawi (ACE Seeds) in my next grow and have every intention of cobbing the harvest - old style!

Thanks for posting Tangwena's article, I have seen it before and it's really interesting.
Hi my friend good to hear from a fellow Malawian it sounds like. I would be very interested in any memories or stories you might have.

Here are some pics of a Mulanje Gold cob I have been testing recently takes me right back to those magical highs I remember.

img_1714-web.jpg
img_1743-web.jpg

AND this lovely golden cure from Hombre del Monde on IC mag which he produced with Aces Panama.

panama gold.JPG

Hi, thanks for the compliment, I'm actually from Zimbabwe but we used to have a pipeline from Malawi and were able to score Malawi quite often. Really good Malawi was hard to come by, even then (late 70's early 80's) but, even a stale dry Malawi compared well to some of the local produce.

Of course, we have our own really good stash, grown in the Binga region and I had a friend called Patrick that I used to deal with over a period of 5 or 6 years. He always had the exact same stash, early harvested, red-bearded, sensi-sativa that didn't make you stoned, so much as rush.

I found a similar smoke up in the mountains of Swaziland where I once spent a week distilling oil to smuggle back into South Africa, but that's another story.

Patrick lived in a corrugated iron shack some distance out of town and his hospitality made sure that visiting him was always a pleasure!

Interestingly enough, he was the only seller that I've ever met who sold weed by the "lid" - he had an enamel bowl that he used to fill for (Zw)$25 dollars a pop - very expensive, but he was never out of stock and the quality was amazingly constant.

Worth paying for..

Those cobs look delicious by the way. It'll be a long time before I'll be able to smoke mine!!

Tried my first cob with some of my recent Malawi grow. Wrapped one stem in each of three stems into corn cobs. Placed them in a plastic bag and buried it in soil for a month. Dug it out evey week to let the cobs dry and reburied. After a month dug them up and unwrapped. They ended up pretty black, not like the ones i have seen on this thread. I messed something up i think.
Anyways, i will give it a try and see if its smokable. Gonna try again when my next plant is harvested.

645F917D-BE50-4394-8AD7-24371D76DD19.jpeg

Hi, thanks for the compliment, I'm actually from Zimbabwe but we used to have a pipeline from Malawi and were able to score Malawi quite often. Really good Malawi was hard to come by, even then (late 70's early 80's) but, even a stale dry Malawi compared well to some of the local produce.

Of course, we have our own really good stash, grown in the Binga region and I had a friend called Patrick that I used to deal with over a period of 5 or 6 years. He always had the exact same stash, early harvested, red-bearded, sensi-sativa that didn't make you stoned, so much as rush.

I found a similar smoke up in the mountains of Swaziland where I once spent a week distilling oil to smuggle back into South Africa, but that's another story.

Patrick lived in a corrugated iron shack some distance out of town and his hospitality made sure that visiting him was always a pleasure!

Interestingly enough, he was the only seller that I've ever met who sold weed by the "lid" - he had an enamel bowl that he used to fill for (Zw)$25 dollars a pop - very expensive, but he was never out of stock and the quality was amazingly constant.

Worth paying for..

Those cobs look delicious by the way. It'll be a long time before I'll be able to smoke mine!!
Great story my friend almost images my life ha ha. I spent my last years in Africa in Salisbury Rhodesia.
I remember hiring a cottage up in Inyanga to make oil also for a trip to the UK swapped it for acid.
The guys I met in London were heavy gangsters South African originally.
They came to buy the oil with heavies for protection very intimidating.
They were all up themselves and wanted to taste the oil. They packed a chilum with oil soaked tobacco and passed it around once.
Then they all hit the deck out with the fairies completely off there faces they couldn't even move ha ha.
It took about 15 mins for them to surface all sheep faced and embarrassed of course they wanted everything I had.
They also hooked me up with fresh microdots but thats another story ha ha.
I had a good contact in Salisbury for primo Malawi from the truck drivers but you had to get it as soon as it arrived as it sold out fast.
Good memories.

Tried my first cob with some of my recent Malawi grow. Wrapped one stem in each of three stems into corn cobs. Placed them in a plastic bag and buried it in soil for a month. Dug it out evey week to let the cobs dry and reburied. After a month dug them up and unwrapped. They ended up pretty black, not like the ones i have seen on this thread. I messed something up i think.
Anyways, i will give it a try and see if its smokable. Gonna try again when my next plant is harvested.

Thats why I dont do it that way my friend its too hit and miss.

Great story my friend almost images my life ha ha. I spent my last years in Africa in Salisbury Rhodesia.
I remember hiring a cottage up in Inyanga to make oil also for a trip to the UK swapped it for acid.
They were all up themselves and wanted to taste the oil. They packed a chilum with oil soaked tobacco and passed it around once.
Then they all hit the deck out with the fairies completely off there faces they couldn't even move ha ha.
It took about 15 mins for them to surface all sheep faced and embarrassed of course they wanted everything I had.
I had a good contact in Salisbury for primo Malawi from the truck drivers but you had to get it as soon as it arrived as it sold out fast.
Good memories.
I remember some guys came over from the UK to score big, they were intending to export....

I took them to one of my connections, let's call him thomas.

We arrived and Thomas invites us all to sit down, of course, it's customary to accept his hospitality and he brings out sadza and gravy, everyone washes and we sit down to eat.

Meanwhile, Thomas' two sons have been busy putting newspaper out on the floor and I could see these English people were wondering what that was about.

His sons both left shortly after that and returned when we'd finished eating, each of them carrying a 50Kg sack on his shoulder, each one dumped his stash on the newspaper and there was a pile almost as high as your waist.

The reaction was comical, I thought their eyes would fall out their heads, they were sticking out so far.

Needless to say, I think they did a deal which I was not privy to, I just made the intro.

Good memories.
It seems that your truck drivers and ours probably were the same,,,, hehe.

So how did it smoke???

It seems that your truck drivers and ours probably were the same,,,, hehe.
I dont doubt it ha ha.
I went back to Zim after 30 years to see my folks and the dealer I used to score from was still hanging out at the same place and remembered me ha ha.
Well he would have to as he had his first acid trip thanks to me and never forgot it ha ha.
I showed him some green microdots and he said Oh I know those (meaning pills) they dont work.
We were on our way to score some good pot from Tete region we all dropped a hit each.
We drove to a dingy settlement outside town near a rowdy beer hall.
He said wait here and took off to score as he walked down an alleyway he suddenly jumped high in the air alarmed at something he had seen ha ha.
Anyway by some miracle he managed to make it back with the cob, he was beaming from ear to ear and didn't want to get into the car again.
He was off to the beer hall completely off his face and enjoying every minute ha ha.
When I saw him a few days later he said next time he takes acid he would save it for when he was home in the village.
He said all the trees were different colors at night it was beautiful.
When I went to England for 4 years we exchanged letters he posted me cobs hidden in rolled up news papers and I sent him English pounds which were worth a fortune on the black market in those days.
You couldn't post them that way these days but back then 1970's it was a lot easier.
Some of the dangers in the Binga district of Zimbabwe.

aA3p8dE_460s.jpg

Good memories.

Tasted like swamp and mold…got a slight buzz, but not what the cured budz give me.
If you have access to banana plants, use the bark of the plant while it is still almost turgid but not wet enough to split when you roll it. (Banana plant good [also to bury if you know how and where] Corn husk good [but I don't think they bury these])

Put your stuff in and roll it up - it shouldn't be fresh, lay it out (in the sun if you can) for a day before you cob it (my experience) and let it dry a bit.

Once you have cobbed it, tie it up with something that will keep tension, in Africa, they use the bark of a certain thorn tree which shrinks when it dries - so it's kind of like elastic.

Leave the cob in a cool, dry place to dry out - in my experience, it's not necessary to put it into plastic, and if you don't know how and where to bury them, don't! That's a secret all of it's own. (I don't and I've never buried my cobs)

They will be ready when the banana skin is dry, normally takes between 4 to 10 weeks, depending on the climate.

It may (technically) not be completely cured, but the improvement will be noticeable.

I dont doubt it ha ha.
I went back to Zim after 30 years to see my folks and the dealer I used to score from was still hanging out at the same place and remembered me ha ha.
Well he would have to as he had his first acid trip thanks to me and never forgot it ha ha.
I showed him some green microdots and he said Oh I know those (meaning pills) they dont work.
We were on our way to score some good pot from Tete region we all dropped a hit each.
We drove to a dingy settlement outside town near a rowdy beer hall.
He said wait here and took off to score as he walked down an alleyway he suddenly jumped high in the air alarmed at something he had seen ha ha.
Anyway by some miracle he managed to make it back with the cob, he was beaming from ear to ear and didn't want to get into the car again.
He was off to the beer hall completely off his face and enjoying every minute ha ha.
When I saw him a few days later he said next time he takes acid he would save it for when he was home in the village.
He said all the trees were different colors at night it was beautiful.
When I went to England for 4 years we exchanged letters he posted me cobs hidden in rolled up news papers and I sent him English pounds which were worth a fortune on the black market in those days.
You couldn't post them that way these days but back then 1970's it was a lot easier.
Some of the dangers in the Binga district of Zimbabwe.

aA3p8dE_460s.jpg
That, my friend, is a very BIG BOY....somewhere near Deka I might think.

Back
Top Bottom