Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

If you run out of fresh buds to smoke for some reason, the Cobs really shine! It is so nice to pull out a variety that has come and gone a year or two ago and enjoy it again! Eating a bit of cob helps my AR and my outlook on the day. I thank Sweet Sue and Tangwena for enticing me to make cobs. There is a lot of ways to go about the process possible, just do it and you will be rewarded with a special and longer lived product. Be sure and store it in vacuum bags, in a cool and dark place, to ensure a longer quality life, if possible or wrap them tight with plastic wrap and use them sooner.

Today I delved into my compost bin and retrieved the vac-sealed cobs that had been additionally double wrapped in plastic bags. The outer bag had dozens of worms all over it. The temperature in the compost is a really nice cosy warmth in spite of it being otherwise a cold wet day.

Even though the cobs were all sealed I could nonetheless smell some terpy/funk coming from them.

On opening they were warm and bendy. To the touch they had a really tacky sticky feel. I think on my previous cob making they were more damp/dry than damp/tacky. These were tacky sticky, but not wet. I hadn't before felt that 'tackiness' on the surface like these have. So after 10 minutes I re vac-sealed them again and returned them to the compost bin for another week of cosy warmth!

I have very good feeling about these cobs. The Mulanje component is very strong, and after daily use for years I am finding that this strain is taking me to new level, so I have a lot of confidence/hope that these will really hit the spot! 🤞

Hey Guys - just wanted to join in....I started my journey into Cobbing in this thread...
I will admit it was a shaky start but I'm pretty satisfied....really looking forward to a fresh crop in the fall so I can try doing it properly!!

Hey all - Just so I'm ready in the fall...
When I made my cobs this winter using rehydrated buds I made these "Cob Molds" instead of rolling.....
1684458815965.png

my question is....Does this work as well as rolling in husks with a sushi mat???? I was also thinking that if I make a tight fitting top plug - could I sweat them in this mold??? I use my drill press as an arbor to really press it well.
Thoughts??

Hey all - Just so I'm ready in the fall...
When I made my cobs this winter using rehydrated buds I made these "Cob Molds" instead of rolling.....
1684458815965.png

my question is....Does this work as well as rolling in husks with a sushi mat???? I was also thinking that if I make a tight fitting top plug - could I sweat them in this mold??? I use my drill press as an arbor to really press it well.
Thoughts??
Def it would work very well I have a friend who uses pipe and packs it in then pushes the packed buds out and vacuum seals it as normal.
There are some Asian countries where it is packed into sections of bamboo sealed with wax or any other sealant and then sweated in the sun and left to age it is reported to be very effective.

Thanx so much for the affirmation Tangwena, I am looking forward to the fall so I can get at it. I think I will try a few different strategies and see what works best for me. Also I'm hoping that the fresher weed will help the fermenting process. I haven't got all the way thru this thread yet (late start) but learning as I go!!

OK, so last nite I thought I would vape just a bit...and I say just a bit because I wasn't sure about how it would work....then once the vape was done (worked very well, nice little buzz going on) I thought why not chew on the vaped material - why not? It's just toasted weed!! It almost wasn't worth chewing as it was such a small amout...but I figured I got all I was going to get out that little bit. Tasted nice!!
I think I will try it again tonite with more!!

I have just taken the rest of my cob and cut it into little discs and then embedded them in chocolate. I just melted down some chocolate chips and used that. I had 8 - 3/4" x 1/8" thick discs.

I am about 3/4 of the way thru this thread but I wanted to ask if anyone has done a water cure before cobbing?? What would be the pro's and con's??

I have just taken the rest of my cob and cut it into little discs and then embedded them in chocolate. I just melted down some chocolate chips and used that.
Oh dear, mix something powerful with something very tasty and moorish - sounds lethal! :ganjamon:

I am currently drying my cobs out for the cure stage.

Here they are after 3 weeks in the ferment stage

And again after 6 weeks fermenting in the compost heap

And some closeups before drying for the cure stage

I am currently feeling really 'good' on a tester piece of fermented but uncured cob that I chomped on after breakfast.

I am about 3/4 of the way thru this thread but I wanted to ask if anyone has done a water cure before cobbing?? What would be the pro's and con's??
I haven't cobbed yet but a water cure will wash out many of the terpines which give flavor and smell as well as many of the medical benefits.

I am currently drying my cobs out for the cure stage.

Here they are after 3 weeks in the ferment stage

And again after 6 weeks fermenting in the compost heap

And some closeups before drying for the cure stage

I am currently feeling really 'good' on a tester piece of fermented but uncured cob that I chomped on after breakfast.
Looking the goods brother make sure you dry them well they look nicely fermented.

cobs are going to be my next "adventure see were a lot of reading ahead of me , have some 1.5 month jared buds - going to vacum seal them - them let them seal for 1 month _ it's a start !!!!!
You may have to use 'wetter', more newly cut than jarred buds. My understanding is that the bud needs to go thru a 'ferment' stage which requires a certain amount of moisture to be still existing. But good luck anyway.

Back
Top Bottom