Temperature control during curation

DogOn

I currently curing my stuff the first 5-10 days where I dont have a temperature control system and the tempereatures range from 50-75 F , Does the quality of the curing or the smoke is affected by this?

Hi DogOn, i think you have good temps. Do you know the relative humidity in the room its in?
Since its not controlled I setup a bucket of water near it and it ranges during the day from 65% to 25%..... But I am taking the herbs off after 4 days and jar in them at 62%RH with my boveda humidity packs.....for more than 30 days, burping them every 2 days

Is this sort of good? I would hate to have to control my dry room as my expenses are already too high with an ac and humidity control in my Flower and grow rooms

Since its not controlled I setup a bucket of water near it and it ranges during the day from 65% to 25%..... But I am taking the herbs off after 4 days and jar in them at 62%RH with my boveda humidity packs.....for more than 30 days, burping them every 2 days

Is this sort of good? I would hate to have to control my dry room as my expenses are already too high with an ac and humidity control in my Flower and grow rooms
You will be fine. We all do the best we can drying and curing. There's different ways to get the job done. have you heard of low and slow? Some folks really like it. DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

So if you have the b62 in there why would you open the jar to burp. The idea is the b62 give or take Gives humidity to 62%or removes excess humidity. So no need to burp. Also boveda b62 are for storage not to cure weed I’ve found it has a dramatic Flavor reduction when cured with the b62 my method is to hang the plants in a cool dark room for 7-9 days or intill the stems snap. Then place them in a jar with a humidity reader inside. And burp to control the humidity. Once it stays in the 62% range that’s the optimal area. Let it sit for two weeks. After that two week period then add the boveda and put them away for the long cure. Also I cure my hare in the refrigerator.

So if you have the b62 in there why would you open the jar to burp. The idea is the b62 give or take Gives humidity to 62%or removes excess humidity. So no need to burp. Also boveda b62 are for storage not to cure weed I’ve found it has a dramatic Flavor reduction when cured with the b62 my method is to hang the plants in a cool dark room for 7-9 days or intill the stems snap. Then place them in a jar with a humidity reader inside. And burp to control the humidity. Once it stays in the 62% range that’s the optimal area. Let it sit for two weeks. After that two week period then add the boveda and put them away for the long cure. Also I cure my hare in the refrigerator.

Very interesting ....... I see what you say.... and actually my old strains cured with boveda do have a dramatic smell reduction after being stored like that. So your statement is actually consistent with my empirical observations.

Does Boveda reduce strain strength? Is flavor the only sacrifice made with Boveda? Will Boveda decrease flavor when weed is stored that way? I am not much of a flavor guy..... I like beer cause it makes me drunk, I like weed cause of its effects, but truly I rather have a Coke than a beer.... Maybe I say this cause I have not experienced the full thing.....

Should I jar with out Boveda?? That would really be a cool experiment

I jar half with and other half without if they was dried the same amount of time burped the same chances are the humidity will be generally the same. I really only use the boveda when they are still a little moist. I’ve hade the same packs for 4 years. After I’m don’t I’ll put them in a jar and seal it up. And store them. I don’t think it would reduce the medical strength because it is what it is. But it you over dry the hurbs you loose all the tricombs or crystals to the bottom of the jar and basically make keef. If your down for an experiment I’d do half and half.

I jar half with and other half without if they was dried the same amount of time burped the same chances are the humidity will be generally the same. I really only use the boveda when they are still a little moist. I’ve hade the same packs for 4 years. After I’m don’t I’ll put them in a jar and seal it up. And store them. I don’t think it would reduce the medical strength because it is what it is. But it you over dry the hurbs you loose all the tricombs or crystals to the bottom of the jar and basically make keef. If your down for an experiment I’d do half and half.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!! Love this community!!! Only Stoners and Astronomers are so willing to give advice!!!

Back
Top Bottom