Temperature problem solved?

thehitman

Hi,

I'm a gardener that lives in the tropics. The average outside temp runs from a low of 70df to a high of 85df on a sunny afternoon.

My indoor flower room, cement, not cooled, was running fairly hot, average daytime time with lights on 89 - 92+df due to heat from lights. Some plants showed signs of heat stress.

I just replaced my one HPS 600 lamp with another LED. The temp has dropped about 5 degrees on average so far, will monitor the temp closely. Hopefully, the plants will respond favorably soon.

What do you all think will be the impact of a cooler environment?

Hi,

I'm a gardener that lives in the tropics. The average outside temp runs from a low of 70df to a high of 85df on a sunny afternoon.

My indoor flower room, cement, not cooled, was running fairly hot, average daytime time with lights on 89 - 92+df due to heat from lights. Some plants showed signs of heat stress.

I just replaced my one HPS 600 lamp with another LED. The temp has dropped about 5 degrees on average so far, will monitor the temp closely. Hopefully, the plants will respond favorably soon.

What do you all think will be the impact of a cooler environment?
Wow thats hot. I don't run my rooms july and August for that reason. Even with a 5 degree drop thats still high. They should improve some but I would try and get it lower if possible. :peace:

well, getting the temp lower than my current set up would require the installation of AC unit $$. If absolutely necessary, I would consider it. But for now we will see what the new temps bring.

In northern climates, the heat from lights can be a useful thing, but here, it is a problem. Wish I could grow outdoors, but security issues prevent it.

I just put a veg Jack Herer in a seven gal. pot. , have I created a monster?? - it may get too big for my room? suggestions?

well, getting the temp lower than my current set up would require the installation of AC unit $$. If absolutely necessary, I would consider it. But for now we will see what the new temps bring.

In northern climates, the heat from lights can be a useful thing, but here, it is a problem. Wish I could grow outdoors, but security issues prevent it.

I just put a veg Jack Herer in a seven gal. pot. , have I created a monster?? - it may get too big for my room? suggestions?
Do you have pics? It could easily outgrow your room. I grew one 12 feet high this summer. Depending on your space then maby.

I understand about the a/c save the hay if you can. General rule of thumb is your girl will double in size when you put her into flower. Then you need space from the light say 12 to 18 inches depending. I bend and tie branches that get too close don't know if thats an option for you.

bending branches sounds like the best option for the Jack. I saw a photo of someone using small binder clips on the pot edge and strings to train / bend branches outward. another problem, I don't have room for the Jack in the flower room yet. It may be a few weeks till some space opens up. In the meantime in veg, it keeps getting bigger.

bending branches sounds like the best option for the Jack. I saw a photo of someone using small binder clips on the pot edge and strings to train / bend branches outward. another problem, I don't have room for the Jack in the flower room yet. It may be a few weeks till some space opens up. In the meantime in veg, it keeps getting bigger.
Jher is a great strain. She will get out of hand if you let her , shoot us a pic if you can id love to follow along see her grow. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom