THC Maturation

moRganics all

Interested in any feedback or thoughts on THC ripeness.
THC has 3 levels for ripness

CLEAR CRYSTALS - NO THC-UNRIPE
MILKY CRYSTALS - PEAK THC RIPNESS
AMBER CRYSTALS - DEGREDATION IN THC

IMO ( and I would really appreciate feedback from the pros!!) Surely once all crystals have turned milky then that is peak time. Now obviously the crystals don't nature perfectly at once. So then naturally ,through the ripening phase, some crystals would mature more than others leaving the odd peppered amber crystal or even clear. Say 5-10% max on the bud(which could even be to much????) If THC ripen post harvest?!

Surely the crystals go through a stage of ripening post harvest also? Does anyone know to what degree?

Now I know letting the crystals go amber leads to a couch lock effect but is it a true effect or are u smoking THC that is loosing it's true potency?

I hear some people let theirs go 50%amber and that to me just sounds crazy?

Surely if you want to couch lock get a bad ass indica for that purpose?!

Peaceo_O

CLEAR CRYSTALS - NO THC-UNRIPE

There is THC, just not peaked THC, so it's not "no thc". This is one of them areas where you will get a variety of answers, with none of them necessarily right or wrong. As it is complicated as other chemicals are changing too (CBD and variants and THC variants), and not really a ton of "scientific evidence" to "prove" one's point of view one way or the other ;) . As a lot of variables (lights, temps, medium, etc...), and some parts of the plant can have amber and others clear at the same time and albeit some difference between buds but not sure if it is really "noticeable" very often IMHO.

IMHO:

THC(a) doesn't continue to ripen after harvest/drying (although it does continue to degrade).
Harvest all plants when they are at the peak of their THC(a) content. If you want some different sort of effect than that provides, well, there are over 1,200 strains extant in the marketplace today, lol, pick a different one (and harvest that at the peak of THC(a) content).

Feel free to substitute your favorite cannabinoid (acid) for "THC(a)," above.

Back
Top Bottom