The Deep Water Culture Home

I now have my "popcorn" and other small buds curing, but im not sure if I am doing it too early. They dried for 4.5 days in a box lid

The stems snap on them on the end of the bud but not always in the middle of the bud, and the smell is just a little off...its not FUNKY per say, but it also doesn't smell like dry-smokable bud.

Is this normal?

:thanks: friends

I dry my popcorn buds for 4 days at most and then JAR them.
On my very small buds, I dry for 5 days and the stem will not snap int eh middle but I know if I AIR or BURP the jar daily for 30 days, they will be fine.

First day I jar any buds, I smell a fresh cut lawn smell, like clorophyll, or fresh cut hay. But after a few days, they get a sweeter, fruitier smell everyday.

The CURE changes everything.

URGENT QUESTION. i am currently harvesting two out of 4 of my plants left. mainly because i want to put more light on the biggest afgan.
My question is should i stay at a full dose because i am taking 2 plants away? thanks Deep Water Culture!

URGENT QUESTION. i am currently harvesting two out of 4 of my plants left. mainly because i want to put more light on the biggest afgan.
My question is should i stay at a full dose because i am taking 2 plants away? thanks Deep Water Culture!

I personally would stay at full dose. I just harvested 1 out of 2 plants and left everything the same. Simply because some people don't flush at all, but NOONE flushes weeks and weeks before they harvest...this could cause nutrient defencies in the plants that you are trying to favor.

GL friend :goodluck:

Trim will help with the production. Remember to break your buds for smoking in that box also.

Got lucky and found a nice cookie sheet with a lip that perfectly fits the Michael's yudu screen. Processed some old "found" leaves (if was hiding in my sock drawer) and got about 2 grams of blond from a 10 minute sweep over the screen. I now have a medicine bottle full of pucks! Oh what to do, what to do! Oh wait, I know! LOL!

I love that screen!! I did the same thing, found a bag of trim that got hidden in the freezer and screened it. Next thing you know, 3 more pucks!

So here is my learning experience so far which might help others.

On first grow let the plants grow a little longer to make sure they are male before you pull them.

On second grow pull them right away. I had one ww I pulled this morning and a beautiful indoor seed unknown pulled. I knew it was going to be a male it grew so much faster from the others. The ww was the runt but did start it later but defiantly male. See I learned the difference in the sexes. I am tossing them in they yard again, not ready to learn to do anything with them and they are still in veg and showed definite sex. Well maybe I am wrong but a mess load of balls didn't give them time for bananas. I hope I didn't screw up.

When harvesting make sure your buds and stems are dry. Mine are in the jar now and I am not happy with the smell when I burp them. I am now leaving the jar open for a day or two to let them finish drying. I really think the buds are completely dry but it is the stems that are not. It is not moldy just doesn't smell right, like I would really know what right is.

As Roseman always said light and air is the most important things. I had air but not enough light.

Now I have growing the two clones which refuse to go back to veg which is fine since I am going to go to flowering soon maybe another week. My babies have been vegging for 5 weeks but that is because of the light. I will move my 6500K 85 watt bulb today to that grow. I hope the clones just give me one huge bud and will then enter it in bud of the month. Is this possible?

I hope my other two stay female. They certainly look it right now. One is ww and the other is from an indoor mix, but not as nice as the male that is gone.

To sum up doing is learning. When you see with your own eyes you learn. Pictures are not always worth a thousand words. I will still have to learn about trichs. I am still not sure what I am looking at. Even in the pictures they all look the same to me almost. Not enough to differentiate. I will learn with this one and give any hints I can.

Boy the new grow smells good. I don't want odor control I like the smell. Nobody aloud in my house period lmao.

Good news, went for a medical massage yesterday and I am a bit more mobile today. Thanks to all those who cared.

Oh one more thing, the person who asked about the biotanicare that I use, I have used h2o2 with it with no issue and also walmart algae meds. I still have some green roots but no issue with slim or algae. They can stay green if that is the color they enjoy as long as they don't cause me a problem.:yummy:

Those are some huge nugs...sorry roseman I liked that you wrote the comment about the cfl's. People are so down on it. They don't care about cost, heat, or electric. The comment made to me in chat, which is why I won't go anymore, is then you shouldn't grow. They are just stoners making believe they need meds so they just want more more more.

Those are some huge nugs...sorry roseman I liked that you wrote the comment about the cfl's. People are so down on it. They don't care about cost, heat, or electric. The comment made to me in chat, which is why I won't go anymore, is then you shouldn't grow. They are just stoners making believe they need meds so they just want more more more.

It takes all kinds in this old world, alien8. Ther will always be "one uppers" those that have to get one up on you. I just pray for them and keep on truckin!

I'm an old hippy- freak -head. I still have my copy of my DESIDERATA hangin on the wall. In the 60s, it was required.

In it , it says comparing ourselves to others.......................well, let me find it and paste it here for you. I live by it even today. I hope it enriches you.

Desiderata
Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender,
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even to the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons;
they are vexatious to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter,
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs,
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals,
and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love,
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

I love it especially the last few versus' I will try. People make me so mad. I would rather go back to those days and just be a stoner lol. Guess that is why I can't get stoned now but really don't want to. Just want meds to work.

Thanks for the thoughts and all that typing. It must either really be in a small font or take up your whole wall...lol.

does anybody have any pictures of what bananas look like? I don't know if I just pulled one or not, but it looked like one, it was really really small though. tomorrow is starting the 8th week of flower, thanks guys

I love that screen!! I did the same thing, found a bag of trim that got hidden in the freezer and screened it. Next thing you know, 3 more pucks!

Ha haaa! I have a bag in the freezer also but it's all bud and some trim, I'm working the kief screen now and got the press at Michaels today and ready but someone had an idea about the hole in the cap for the press what can be use to plug that?

:surf:

does anybody have any pictures of what bananas look like? I don't know if I just pulled one or not, but it looked like one, it was really really small though. tomorrow is starting the 8th week of flower, thanks guys

Hey Grownnavy...here is a thread with some pics on my plant that had bananas popping out all over. If you have any questions about it...feel free to ask away

FML is this a hermi?

:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom