The Deep Water Culture Home

ut oh they changed how you upload images. There used to be a box that said medium and it had the whole string you needed and I always copied and pasted it. Why oh why did they get rid of it...bad 420.

4-25_pic1.jpg

I found the new way to do it. Medium is still available woohoo. I did have to resize my photos although.

4-25_pic2.jpg

4-25_pic3.jpg

4-25_pic4.jpg

4-25_pic5.jpg

4-25_pic6.jpg

To me the skinny plant looks like one big bud. The other, you listening GG, is a ww that is just a bush and nothing else.

I put the pics up in photoshop and zoomed all the way in the trichs are clear but I didn't take a pic under the leaf. I will do that later and let you know what I see. I hope I don't see bugs.

I found the new way to do it. Medium is still available woohoo. I did have to resize my photos although.

To me the skinny plant looks like one big bud. The other, you listening GG, is a ww that is just a bush and nothing else.

I put the pics up in photoshop and zoomed all the way in the trichs are clear but I didn't take a pic under the leaf. I will do that later and let you know what I see. I hope I don't see bugs.

I don't know what to say about the amber, but you got one nice bud going there girl!

Deep Water Culture Tutorial

^^^^Everthing you need to know....for real

Thanks a lot for the response but I've been over roseman's tutorial a billion times on a, let's say, less fruitful site. I even ran one of his 5gal buckets for a while but didn't end up completing (still holding on to the equipment/nutes). Basically I understand the basic conditions to strive for, i.e. air temp/humidity, water temp, pH and ppm. but I'm worried that they'd be difficult to contain within a confines of a PC case. Let me rephrase that. I know that it will be difficult.

BUT, I'm obsessed with growing marijuana (we all are), and so not growing, or dealing with paying/praying for nugs isn't an option. I may be forced into a living situation very soon which would inhibit me from growing (openly).

Thanks a lot for the response but I've been over roseman's tutorial a billion times on a, let's say, less fruitful site. I even ran one of his 5gal buckets for a while but didn't end up completing (still holding on to the equipment/nutes). Basically I understand the basic conditions to strive for, i.e. air temp/humidity, water temp, pH and ppm. but I'm worried that they'd be difficult to contain within a confines of a PC case. Let me rephrase that. I know that it will be difficult.

BUT, I'm obsessed with growing marijuana (we all are), and so not growing, or dealing with paying/praying for nugs isn't an option. I may be forced into a living situation very soon which would inhibit me from growing (openly).

This guys doing it, but with soil.
link

4-25_pic1.jpg

4-25_pic2.jpg

4-25_pic3.jpg

4-25_pic4.jpg

4-25_pic5.jpg

4-25_pic6.jpg

Nice job alien8 !! Thats a hell of a bud there ! shouldn't be long till your smokin that !!:thumb:

Looks good man so what am i listening for the fact that WW is just bush and no bud?

I suppose it will get bud eventually. Looks like mine is starting to show some this afternoon. I have seen that before and more and more bush arrives. I really think this time it is showing buds sites. It is just slow. Remember ww is a cross so it may take longer depending on if it leans indica or sativa. Mine has indica leaves but is growing slow like sativa.

The leaves are still curling but all the temps are good now and ph and ppm. The bud is big and fat and goes from the bottom of the plant to the top. The plant is now stretching on top a big and I suppose that will fill in too. I have no idea what strain it is. It was a pack of indoor mix. I couldn't clone it cause it started to flower in veg. It never even had a site I could clone from cause it just grew straight up even after topping.

This guys doing it, but with soil.
link

I'm steering away from dirt (no patience) but I appreciate it, it's still helpful! I don't think I could quite pull off a DWC though, the D being the main factor, in a PC. I'm not even going to try! I think the water temps would be too difficult to maintain and keep steady in such a small res. So I'm looking into coco and other mediums. I still have a lot of brainstorming to do.

I'm not into the idea of buying someone else's design, I'm a DIYer. But I'm not good with electricity/wiring and I'm trying to figure out how to get stealth power to the PC?

I hope it is good and does its job. So far I am not getting what I need but it is all trial and error. My friends enjoy getting high but I need the medical benefit...pain and panic are the two biggest ones I need to deal with. I also need stuff that won't make me hungry cause I can't afford to gain weight or I won't be able to lift myself with my arms. I really need to lose a few pounds now.

Munchies was fun when I was a teenager and so was getting high but not my scene at this point in my life.

I'm steering away from dirt (no patience) but I appreciate it, it's still helpful! I don't think I could quite pull off a DWC though, the D being the main factor, in a PC. I'm not even going to try! I think the water temps would be too difficult to maintain and keep steady in such a small res. So I'm looking into coco and other mediums. I still have a lot of brainstorming to do.

I'm not into the idea of buying someone else's design, I'm a DIYer. But I'm not good with electricity/wiring and I'm trying to figure out how to get stealth power to the PC?

Take this from who it comes, I know nothing, but why not use a closet and do a regular grow so you don't have all those issues. To avoid detection use the odor control bucket. Just a thought.

And here I am, chief Deep Water Culture, gonna try soil for the summer just to see if I can do it. I'll be growing BP right next to them with the same strain and we'll set up a little comparison. I'll need a little soil help but there are plenty of you growers that I know will help.

All I know for sure now is that I will use FFOF (got it) with a little extra perlite in a 10 gallon container. Nice container really. Has a little overflow lip at the bottom so I'll be able to tell when I have watered it completely through. I know I then let it dry until it is completely dry and then I water. The think I don't know is how often I should use nutes. I've heard every other and I've heard water-water-nute.

Just thinking ahead on this fine Sunday evening and just buzzing with a hash topped bowl.

MC that is going to be a cool comparison can't wait to see what happens. Isn't fpf a soil grower? I know like you said someone is all soil around here even though they love us.

I know the soil will take way longer. Ok for the newbie what is FFOF. By the way as chief Deep Water Culture it is your duty to do this experiment...lol.

FFOF = Fox Farm Ocean Forest. It's suppose to be the best soil around and at $28/bag it better be. Just bought some when I went to a hydro store for some supplies for future experiments and here we are!

Summer will put a test on my ventilation system. Winter grow is no problem and I can keep it around 72 ambient room temp with little effort. I've giving soil every advantage by growing a summer hydro vs soil but I still expect big things from hydro.

BTW MC not sure if I posted it but both my meters are not working. I called HM and got the new batteries. When I put them in the meter wouldn't turn on. I tried them on the other meter and the batteries are fine. That is the PPM meter. The PH meter no matter what calibration solution I use adjusts to 10 so that is useless. I wrote to the company I bought it from and am waiting for an email back. I think I wrote it either late Friday or Sat. If I don't get an answer by Tues I will call HM. Essongear doesn't list a phone number so can't call them. I think maybe there stuff sat on there shelves too long. HM said they are a good vendor when I asked for the batteries however I asked esoongear to send me and they never did.

Back
Top Bottom