The Deep Water Culture Home

NFT = Nutrient Film Technique

Where water (with nutes) flows across the roots via gravity then usually back into the rez and pumped back to the top of the roots then pulled back down across the roots.

Hope that helps...sorry for the sloppy description

Nope I totally get it! I always wondered what that stood for, thanks man!

:partyboy: 420 pages I suppose I should get a post on this page. Seems rather appropriate. :nomo:

:partyboy: 420 pages I suppose I should get a post on this page. Seems rather appropriate. :nomo:

I have to agree with you there BOOTumALL seems only rite to get a post in on this the 420th page of the Deep Water Culture forum. I went to bed last night and was about 1/2 down pg 418 you guys really did some talkin and chattin last night lol.

al3k5,

mrcoz,

I'm so glad to welcome you here and I hope to see you both often.

I've had my home computer crash dead and lost all my prescious pics of 6 grows, I've been infected with a malware virus bad on my office computer and TAXES were my Number One Priority last week so I have been away from here a lot lately. I hope after today to be back much more often later this week.

I hope you guys did the INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread and met the awesome HOSPITAILTY TEAM here.

Note on HIDs contributed by PurpDaddy:
When given the choice of only one light, most marijuana growers will choose an HPS, High Pressure Sodium grow light over MH, Metal Halide, because HPS lights are more efficient (larger harvest).
You can't use a standard high pressure sodium bulb in a metal halide fixture, but you can use a metal halide bulb in a high pressure sodium fixture of the same wattage.
There are special hps bulbs that can be used in a mh fixture and vice-versa. But these conversion bulbs cost about double the price of a standard bulb.
With HID Lights:
A 250 watt fixture will supply enough light to cover a 2.5 foot by 2.5 foot grow area. (6 plants or less)
A 400 watt fixture will supply enough light to cover a 4 foot by 4 foot grow area. (12 plants or less)
A 600 watt fixture will supply enough light to cover a 5 foot by 5 foot grow area. (18 plants or less)
A 1000 watt fixture will supply enough light to cover a 6.5 foot by 6.5 foot grow area. (30 plants or less)

al3k5,

mrcoz,

I've had my home computer crash dead and lost all my prescious pics of 6 grows, I've been infected with a malware virus bad on my office computer and TAXES were my Number One Priority last week so I have been away from here a lot lately. I hope after today to be back much more often later this week.

I hope you guys did the INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread and met the awesome HOSPITAILTY TEAM here.

Damn brother if its not one thing its another for you. I feel for you man you are definatley a pretty good chunk of glue that helps hold this team together. Well i hope you get everythin finished up so you can come back and hang with us again lol.

Damn brother if its not one thing its another for you. I feel for you man you are definatley a pretty good chunk of glue that helps hold this team together. Well i hope you get everythin finished up so you can come back and hang with us again lol.

Things are definitely not the same without Roseman, good luck with all your issues, and keep the IRS happy!

Hope all things go well with the IRS and your computer Roseman. I hope you are able to get rid of the virus and recover the pictures. Try to get them through DOS...I said a bad word lol.

Hope all things go well with the IRS and your computer Roseman. I hope you are able to get rid of the virus and recover the pictures. Try to get them through DOS...I said a bad word lol.

Yes, a bad word for sure! Especially to us Mac users. lol

But you're probably right, hopefully it's just something messed up in the operating system. But that's why I have two external hard drives backing up my machine every hour. The software is automatic and runs in the background with no input from me. But I can restore anything from my hard drive even if I meant to throw it away.

Okay, I just started chopping the Northern Lights and here's the big cola. It weighs 9.25 oz, wet of course. It measures 20" from the top to the bottom of the lowest leaves. This is double the size of my first grow's biggest cola!

That is a 2 liter pop bottle sitting next to it.

IMG_20723.jpg

Yes, I'm smiling partly because I've got at least 5 other colas close in size, but this is definitely the biggest.

al3k5,

mrcoz,

:thumb: yeah they were pretty hardcore! :cheer::grinjoint:

Ive been doing some thinking on my own question:

nft

vs

coco

vs

bubbles

I think that im gunna stick with coco for the reason that if i have to, I can pick the whole plant in its pot up and pull it out of there in one hit whereas with the others theres no moving 1 induvidual plant without a bit of effort right?

Okay, I just started chopping the Northern Lights and here's the big cola. It weighs 9.25 oz, wet of course. It measures 20" from the top to the bottom of the lowest leaves. This is double the size of my first grow's biggest cola!

That is a 2 liter pop bottle sitting next to it.

IMG_20723.jpg

Yes, I'm smiling partly because I've got at least 5 other colas close in size, but this is definitely the biggest.

Yea yea big shot...just kidding that is really pretty. I hope you get a lot total weight which I am sure you will. You the man.

GG great news. I got bud sites and a lot of them. You will see them way sooner then me cause you have a better set up and are able to take better care of your plant but I knew you would want to know. This is the completion of 5 weeks of flowering. If I had side lighting like you do I think I would have done better. I don't have room on the sides. I tilted the plant but need to stuff something on the side of the cup to hold it tilted.

I saw someone have like a light thing sitting right in the middle of the tank. I looked in home depot for a base like that but none connect right into an outlet they have wires to doohicky. I am not playing with that.

I may have to tie the plants to lean one way one day and the other a few days later. What do you all think of doing that since the WW is so bushy.

My baby clones are in the state of no where. They are growing roots but nothing else and are now almost completely shadowed by the other plants. I will let them grow after harvest to see what happens. I could move them to another set up but that is way too much work for me and expensive for not knowing what will happen.

Back
Top Bottom