The Deep Water Culture Home

L x w = sf then divide sf by lumens=lpsf

hope that helps;)

Actually, Length & Width (in Feet) = SqFt then divide total Lumens by SqFt to get Lumens per SqFt.

Dont have a link but this is strait from Jorge Cervantes's grow bible
600W (150 lumens per watt):
1' away: 90,000 Lumens
2' away: 22,500 Lumens
3' away: 9,999 Lumens
4' away: 6,428 Lumens

400W (125 lumens per watt):
1' away: 50,000 Lumens
2' away: 12,500 Lumens
3' away: 5,555 Lumens
4' away: 3,571 Lumens

Thankyou, that's just what I was looking for. +reps

I guess i was somewhere and don't remember. Do you remember the review? I really thought it was someone here who doesn't post as much as my bored self.

MC said he liked it. I think there is a review for it under the Reveiw Sponsor Items forum, now if I could only remember where that was.

GG I have pics a couple of pages back. Did you want a new pic of the ww? Did you want it posted in your thread or just wanted to see? I have only two plants and the silly little clones. One plant is ww the other is unknown indoor mix. The indoor mix is the one with one huge bud. Check a few pages back you saw them already but smoking makes your mind a mush.

Yeah let me get a new pic of the WW in my thread if you dont mind.

Ok friends i finally posted a couple pix in my thread if anyone is interested. But for now here is one just to give you guys a look

Day 16 flower
SDC11830.JPG

k guys so im goin to be starting my second Deep Water Culture grow. i was very satisfied with my results last time. this time i would like to change a few things make a few adjustments. i just had a few questions. this time ill be doing only two plants but they wont be autos. should i use the 6plant Deep Water Culture kit to start them then switch to buckets? what about nutes? last time i used the stealth hydro nutes which seemed to work just fine. i also did not get a ppm meter. this being my second Deep Water Culture/hydo grow i know very lil about it. with any other nutes will i need one? ill probably be using cfls again. and trying a lil lst. looking for a short plant too any suggestions or input is appreciated. thanks Deep Water Culture!!

k guys so im goin to be starting my second Deep Water Culture grow. i was very satisfied with my results last time. this time i would like to change a few things make a few adjustments. i just had a few questions. this time ill be doing only two plants but they wont be autos. should i use the 6plant Deep Water Culture kit to start them then switch to buckets? what about nutes? last time i used the stealth hydro nutes which seemed to work just fine. i also did not get a ppm meter. this being my second Deep Water Culture/hydo grow i know very lil about it. with any other nutes will i need one? ill probably be using cfls again. and trying a lil lst. looking for a short plant too any suggestions or input is appreciated. thanks Deep Water Culture!!

Well this is my first grow as well rite now im at day 16 flower i been using the foxfarm nutes but from what i understand is SH nutes should be ok (never used myself). Now when it come to the Deep Water Culture system unless you want to get another pump with feeder tubes i would start in the 6starter kit but DEFINATELY transfer to buckets soon as the roots get good and in the water (completley my opinion) I believe that there is not enough room on the six starter kit at one point one will probably shadow the other in two buckets it just seems easier that what i did, and when i had a male there was no worries about spreadin pollen rite away and not having to deal with root separation. As for a low breed i cant help you too much there but have you looked online for a lowryder strain i hear they are not suppose to be no bigger than like 17-18in. Cant say for myself.

Well this is my first grow as well rite now im at day 16 flower i been using the foxfarm nutes but from what i understand is SH nutes should be ok (never used myself). Now when it come to the Deep Water Culture system unless you want to get another pump with feeder tubes i would start in the 6starter kit but DEFINATELY transfer to buckets soon as the roots get good and in the water (completley my opinion) I believe that there is not enough room on the six starter kit at one point one will probably shadow the other in two buckets it just seems easier that what i did, and when i had a male there was no worries about spreadin pollen rite away and not having to deal with root separation. As for a low breed i cant help you too much there but have you looked online for a lowryder strain i hear they are not suppose to be no bigger than like 17-18in. Cant say for myself.

thanks for the reply. my last grow was afgan auto and ak47 auto. im not gunna grow autos this time.

You gotta remember, in Rosemans tutorial, he suggested the 6 pots were good to start 6 unknown seeds and hope to get half females or maybe a runt.

Thanks for the info on the pipe, so I was right someone here did get it. Well actually two people and MC is the latest. MC let's here you comments on it. We have seen obx now let's see yours. I can't be bothered with a vaporizer it is too difficult for me so I thought that pipe might be a good inbetween. Let me know.

2hiegh4u, I don't think there is an issue with light with two plants in a 6 bucket. I have moved my plants apart easily in opposite corners after I removed males. You will know before the roots get too tangled. You can always just move them daily while adding water so they stay on there side of the tank. Also in one of Roseman's writings he said you can just cut them and no harm done. I would use the big 6 tank. I wouldn't want to run two setups with two pumps, more electric and work. That is just my unknowledge opinion. I made up a new word hehe.

Hey 2hiegh4u, those two grows I just finished up were 2 Sour Diesels in a 5 gallon bucket and 3 Northern Lights in the 8 gallon SH res. I used the SH nutes for vegging and then went with Advaced Nutrients Sensi A&B, Big Bud, Liquid Carbo Load and Super Thrive for flower.

The biggest dif between the bucket and tote was the tote holds double the water, you've got a little more leeway when watering, you can overfill the res and it will last longer than the bucket will.

Other than that I'd say the results speak for themselves. But remember, I grow with clones and don't have to worry about males.

Does anyone use a grinder and if so do you like it and which one. I have always used a spaghetti strainer for joints but I am getting too many twigs.

OK, here's the seal on the 419 pipe. I ordered on Friday and it's not hear yet but be assured I will review. I took the suggestion of C5 and OBX. Been looking at the pipe anyway and that little nudge pushed be over. That on the $20 off.

As far as growing two plants, I'd start them and keep them in the 6 port SH system. You can put then on the corners and you'd have about as much water in the sh system as you would have in 2 - 5 gal buckets.

Back
Top Bottom