The Deep Water Culture Home

Hey friends quick question the seeds i tried germinating for my bubble setup werent in the best of shape and im three days into germinating and still nothing so my question is i have three indoor soil plants and 5 outdoors they all stand anywhere from 9in to 13in and about 3 to 4 weeks old and i was curious can i take clones off em yet or should i waite a lil while longer

yea it did...but the instructions was typed by a dumb ass and the video isnt much more help either... i mean the video says 1 thing and the instruction manual(paper) says another...its really ass backwards lol...

Greetings Newbie75 and welcome to our home. I actually use the bloom box by BCNL but sounds like a similar system. Im going 2 jump on the site u reference above and take a look. A link to my grow journal is in my sig. I am in my first grow and if u look u can see that i am having some issues but i will harvest soon thanks to the expertise here at 420. READ Rosemans tutorials. It takes awhile to absorb it all, but theres plenty of great info and clarity. Good ole Barto has pulled off a slammin grow in his BCNL bloom box...hes the man!! I will b following some of his lead and started my second box grow in the last 24 hrs:slide:

Morning again, I'm in my first wk of flowering and I'm having trouble getting my RH down. It's at 55% with no added measures to raise it I took all the wet towels etc out and have a fan blowing on the plants I have a window open to allow fresh air into the room My tent is open during lights on to let more air circulate but the humidity stays in the upper 50s !! How can I get these down ? I thought that you need lower humidity during flowering , would this hurt this early in flowering ? There are no buds developing yet !

goodness mama, please don't over compliment me (but thanks anyway)

I killed 2 full crops and severly wounded another before achiving some level of sucess in my bloombox

even a broken clock is right twice a day:hookah:

hey newbie,how big is the super closet?,are you putting 18 in 1 tank? if so IMHO i wouldent,i have 4 and they take up 3'width and almost 4' length.with 18 in one bubble tank you wouldent get half the potential yeild iwouldent think.what kind of lights are you using and are you using the co2 with the system?,,idk i could be worng

Morning to all...

Bendog420... Im using the Trinity Side by Side super closet from Supercloset.com... I have 15 seeds in Rockwool 2 of the have sprouted above ground(1 white widow, 1 Disel) I saw this morning that the 1st leaves on the disel had broken off but the remaning stem is still strong...not sure if i can save that 1... right now they are all in the vegetation chamber under 2 fluorescent lights... my bubble tray can hold 17 plants...and no i havent hooked up the Co2 yet...should I??? My white widow is still growing fine, the roots haven't come out of the rockwool yet...so Im not sure if I should still place them in the bubble tray or if I should leave them in the germination dome(which is this black tray with a plastic dome lid) with the heat pad on...

goodness mama, please don't over compliment me (but thanks anyway)

I killed 2 full crops and severly wounded another before achiving some level of sucess in my bloombox

even a broken clock is right twice a day:hookah:

Well....that clock is sooooo right at the moment! Im green with envy and admire the view!:grinjoint:

Greetings Newbie75 and welcome to our home. I actually use the bloom box by BCNL but sounds like a similar system. Im going 2 jump on the site u reference above and take a look. A link to my grow journal is in my sig. I am in my first grow and if u look u can see that i am having some issues but i will harvest soon thanks to the expertise here at 420. READ Rosemans tutorials. It takes awhile to absorb it all, but theres plenty of great info and clarity. Good ole Barto has pulled off a slammin grow in his BCNL bloom box...hes the man!! I will b following some of his lead and started my second box grow in the last 24 hrs:slide:

Howdy Do Mama Train...

Yea I've checked out Rosemans...but all his equipment is homemade...and I'm not entirely sure if his processes would work as well with the supercloset... Im just confused to why my other 13seeds haven't sprouted above the rockwell cubes surface yet...and why this morning i awake to find my Diesel plants' 1st leaves have fallen off and part of the stem was a limp noodle and im curious if i can save that plant...thanks for your help Mama Train...

Morning again, I'm in my first wk of flowering and I'm having trouble getting my RH down. It's at 55% with no added measures to raise it I took all the wet towels etc out and have a fan blowing on the plants I have a window open to allow fresh air into the room My tent is open during lights on to let more air circulate but the humidity stays in the upper 50s !! How can I get these down ? I thought that you need lower humidity during flowering , would this hurt this early in flowering ? There are no buds developing yet !

I'm no expert but just tryin give a lil input to see if i can help i meber reading somewhere that in flowering you want it down to about the high20's and 30's i dont think its goin to hurt her being that your only a week in but opening a window may and may not help pending on humidity level outside what i did to keep mine down is i kept a fan blowing on it out the window and another out the door but like i said i dont know a lot lol.

Morning to all...

Bendog420... Im using the Trinity Side by Side super closet from Supercloset.com... I have 15 seeds in Rockwool 2 of the have sprouted above ground(1 white widow, 1 Disel) I saw this morning that the 1st leaves on the disel had broken off but the remaning stem is still strong...not sure if i can save that 1... right now they are all in the vegetation chamber under 2 fluorescent lights... my bubble tray can hold 17 plants...and no i havent hooked up the Co2 yet...should I??? My white widow is still growing fine, the roots haven't come out of the rockwool yet...so Im not sure if I should still place them in the bubble tray or if I should leave them in the germination dome(which is this black tray with a plastic dome lid) with the heat pad on...

Greetings again newbie...I looked at the trinity and it says its an ebb and flow watering system. Since I am a total newb 2...I'm not going 2 b 2 much help. I discovered that a full chamber(all the holes filled) was a bad idea until im more experienced with my box. I had too much material in the box making it extremly difficult 2 work & see what was going on in there. My plants got so tall that bending them was difficult and they are crammed against the top. Taking a PH is a chore unless I drain from the tank. I cant really even get a good look at the roots in week 6 flower and measuring water use takes draining as well. In my second grow Im going 2 leave two to three spaces open in the flower chamber to help with maintaining my girlz. Im going to top this time in week 2 or three of veg...then veg at least a week while they recover before flowering them. Just an experiment for me.
anyway welcome again and it would b cool to see yr journal and photos of yur grow.:cheer:

Taking a PH is a chore unless I drain from the tank.

when I get home in a few days, I will get a picture of how I keep track of my PH, PPM and res temp in the bloombox

sitting in SoCal at the moment, and really hoping that the girls can take care of themselves until I return home

Greetings again newbie...I looked at the trinity and it says its an ebb and flow watering system. Since I am a total newb 2...I'm not going 2 b 2 much help. I discovered that a full chamber(all the holes filled) was a bad idea until im more experienced with my box. I had too much material in the box making it extremly difficult 2 work & see what was going on in there. My plants got so tall that bending them was difficult and they are crammed against the top. Taking a PH is a chore unless I drain from the tank. I cant really even get a good look at the roots in week 6 flower and measuring water use takes draining as well. In my second grow Im going 2 leave two to three spaces open in the flower chamber to help with maintaining my girlz. Im going to top this time in week 2 or three of veg...then veg at least a week while they recover before flowering them. Just an experiment for me.
anyway welcome again and it would b cool to see yr journal and photos of yur grow.:cheer:

Thanks again mama train and yes thats is the system i have...soon as i learn how to post pics on here i will take pics so folks can get a better understanding of what im talking about and dealing with...grrrr this is so stressful...learning this hydroponics it bout as bad as school work lol...but again thanks for the advice and for taking a look...i will be in touch!!!

Howdy Do Mama Train...

Yea I've checked out Rosemans...but all his equipment is homemade...and I'm not entirely sure if his processes would work as well with the supercloset... Im just confused to why my other 13seeds haven't sprouted above the rockwell cubes surface yet...and why this morning i awake to find my Diesel plants' 1st leaves have fallen off and part of the stem was a limp noodle and im curious if i can save that plant...thanks for your help Mama Train...

Ur right about there being differences between the true bubble systems and growing in boxes. I fancied the idea of drawing the box growers together so we can talk about some of the particular issues we face. I wonder if its possible to sub forum the Deep Water Culture so the info stays where it belongs??

I had the same problem with the instructions from BCNL as u did with the instructions for ur box...some stuff is in the manual and some is on the video and some is just....all over the place.....and what the hell?????
There are basic truths in the RM tutorials that Im just absorbing and are improving my grow believe you me!!! Don't be afraid to read read read!

Where did ur seeds come from? How long have u had um? I think... if they have not cracked in just a lil over 24 they may not...did u use just plain PH balanced H2o? I think you lil gal that lost her leaves may b toast, nothing left to absorb the light. Just my take.

Ur right about there being differences between the true bubble systems and growing in boxes. I fancied the idea of drawing the box growers together so we can talk about some of the particular issues we face. I wonder if its possible to sub forum the Deep Water Culture so the info stays where it belongs??

I had the same problem with the instructions from BCNL as u did with the instructions for ur box...some stuff is in the manual and some is on the video and some is just....all over the place.....and what the hell?????
There are basic truths in the RM tutorials that Im just absorbing and are improving my grow believe you me!!! Don't be afraid to read read read!

Where did ur seeds come from? How long have u had um? I think... if they have not cracked in just a lil over 24 they may not...did u use just plain PH balanced H2o? I think you lil gal that lost her leaves may b toast, nothing left to absorb the light. Just my take.

Yea i have been reading rosemans info... i got the seeds online...i have had em for about 2wks and had them for about 3days b4 planting them...i checked them a few days ago and they had cracked...and majority of them had started growing their tap roots.... no i didnt use plain ph'd water at 1st...i started off with ph'd nute water...then flushed and switched yesterday to plain ph'd water...so the lil 1 thats lost her leaves is done then???what if i put her under the fluorescent light or the reflective lamp??

Im not paying attention 2 well this Am. Well...i was up to celebrate 420 this morning so no wonder LOL

Newbie...
My instructions say...when the seed r in the rockwoll in that warm dark location they will germinate (assuming the cases were cracked) within a few days. Mine took a lil more than 24 hrs to rise above the rockwool and b ready 4 light. I used Femed BC Wonder Woman Seeds.
I used a very light nute mixture for their first watering only when the clone dome needed more moisture.
it took 5 days for them to show roots through the 1" rockwool cubes and b placed in the 3" cubes, net pots, and into the res.

does that help a little?

al lil more specific...i used PH'd water only untill after they sprouted and the clone dome needed moisture the first time. Hey everyone...could he have burned um?

Im not paying attention 2 well this Am. Well...i was up to celebrate 420 this morning so no wonder LOL

Newbie...
My instructions say...when the seed r in the rockwoll in that warm dark location they will germinate (assuming the cases were cracked) within a few days. Mine took a lil more than 24 hrs to rise above the rockwool and b ready 4 light. I used Femed BC Wonder Woman Seeds.
I used a very light nute mixture for their first watering only when the clone dome needed more moisture.
it took 5 days for them to show roots through the 1" rockwool cubes and b placed in the 3" cubes, net pots, and into the res.

does that help a little?

LOL I know the feeling i just took my meds myself...
Yes that helps a lot... Ive read a bunch of different instructions... ive heard they can take up 14days to germinate and grow above the rockwool so im still uncertain...like i said the 1 is growing steady...and yes my clone dome was dark for the majority of the time...i started out with the light on(fluorescent) then covered them with a dark towel then eventually turned the light off altogether...and maybe i gave them too much nute water starting off...like i said i checked them a few days ago using tweezers after i found out not to use my fingers at anytime(which i handled them with my bare uncleaned hands at first) grrrr...but i saw they all had cracked or were in the process of cracking and showing white root taps...so i dont know lol...the 1 that is growing her root is growing great....she still looks good...i did notice a couple of brown spots on her leaves this morning...should i nute her a lil bit??? i think next time ima start with my collection of regular random seeds so i dont mess up the good 1's....oh god i pray i havent ruined all these good seeds...man i have some good seeds...sour cream, la blanca, motivation, diesel, white widow, and phat fruity...Pray for me Mama Train!!!

15-20 mins is no problem on the air bath. Even if you have to go longer all you'll need to do is mist the top and the roots with some water every once in awhile. For a while there I was simply taking two folding chairs and putting the res top between the two and letting it drip into a bucket. Now I have another res (a real high tech solution! LOL)that I don't often use so I just stick it on the unused res, take it to the tub, dump it, clean it up, fill it with water, nute and ph it, take it back, hook it up, make sure my airstones. fedder tubes and pump are function well and put the plants back in.

Don't try and hurry up your first time through. That's the receipe for a mistake. Have a mister with some water in it to extend the time if needed. I doubt you will but it will make you feel better if you do! LOL!.

Thanks MC - you even answered the question I forgot to ask (what to do with the lid while draining & refilling). :thanks:

You think putting 1/3 of the nute "recipe" is good, or maybe should I go weaker?
All but one the seedlings have at least 4 leafs, and the runt has the tips of the 3rd & 4th leafs showing, so do ya think 1/3 might be too strong?

Thanks again!:thanks:

Just an aside. I have had the best luck germinating seeds prior to placing them in a growing medium. I use a glass of warm water. I put the seeds in it and cover it completely with a black opaque dome and place it on my water heater. The seeds will float. in 24 to 48 hours they will sturate and sink. If they don't tap them they will sink. They may alrady have cracked at this time. If not they will within the next 24 hrs. Then carefully place them in your medium. (rockwool, sunleaves etc.) After that its off to the races. They go in the net cup and get fed PH'd water for the first rez cycle then nutes as determined.

ol hippy - RH under 40% for flower is good, 30% is better. Sounds like you've got good air flow, so the RH in your area must just be high this time of year. I suggest adding a dehumidifier. ;)

Back
Top Bottom