The Deep Water Culture Home

ok 5 hours into this harvest, 1st 3 hours everything perfectly manicured, last 2 hours not so much....last big bagseed is just going to be thrown on driveway and im going to run it over with the mower a few times then collect the clippings lol. my girlfriend said it's not so bad...only 7 more plants to gooooooooooooo aghhh. going to be a long day

well here are some new pics,
100_12526.JPG

100_12535.JPG

100_12554.JPG

100_12574.JPG

100_12586.JPG

100_12595.JPG

100_12605.JPG

100_12612.JPG

i didnt notice the last 3 were a lil blurry until i had loaded them,sorry

ok 5 hours into this harvest, 1st 3 hours everything perfectly manicured, last 2 hours not so much....last big bagseed is just going to be thrown on driveway and im going to run it over with the mower a few times then collect the clippings lol. my girlfriend said it's not so bad...only 7 more plants to gooooooooooooo aghhh. going to be a long day

Ive had worse pr:tokin:blems LOLOL

Bendog those plants look great very healthy looking ! Should be a great harvest !!:thumb:

ok everybody i'm testing this out don't jump on the 5 days of darkness just yet. how he explained it to me is a plant only wants to propagate and have babies(offshoots) or grow seeds so the species survives. there only job in life coded into them is survival of the species. So when a non pollinated female is nearing the end of her life she needs to get pollinated and produce seeds so her species will be back next spring. So when we throw her into prolonged darkness she thinks her life is coming to a end and she tries everything she can to get pollinated, which is get as sticky as she can to trap male pollen. this is what i was told, i did not do a pre thc test so i won't know for sure. but if i can get multiple testers from him. i will do this scientifically next time and test before and after the dark period.

Where might a guy find one of these THC tester? :wood:

Hi all...I am very sick now but I hope the doc can figure it out easily since I won't go for any test. I coughed all night. I am going Tues to doc. I finished a whole bottle of cough meds and that didn't help. Only time will tell.

I have learned that failing to plan can make you fail. Remember I am attempting some veggies and basil for fun to learn.

Well I thought my stuff was all cleaned. I know I asked for it to be cleaned but nothing was or at least not to how it should be.

My seeds were rooted so I put them in rockwool soaked for five minutes. This will be learning to the max.

As a preventative measure I put algae drops in the water. The water was hot so dumped two huge bowls of ice into it since not roots. I put some on the fridge to add later on since I only put in 4 gallons. I am going to put rocks in a bottle to weight it down and then freeze it with water.

I have learned that the closet is impossible to cool off. I have two fans going, the door open since I just left the lights on 24/7 and the ac on. The closet stays hot. I cannot grow in there unless I buy a portable ac unit even in the winter. This is what I suspect is the only way. I have one fan blowing the hot air out and another circulating to no avail.

Again this is to learn for my new grow in oct. I feel that weed is way easier then veggies and I have just started. I am running into stupid issues like my tube falling off my pump.

I am certainly not being nearly as careful so I can see why so many run into problems growing. I am really doing this half assed and know with 10 bucks a weed seed i would have never done stuff like this. I know I will learn real quick this way and run into all the issues I didn't with weed and will be able to prevent anything lol.

I will keep you all posted if you want me to. This is certainly an eye opener and glad I didn't do this with my weed.

Hi all...I am very sick now but I hope the doc can figure it out easily since I won't go for any test. I coughed all night. I am going Tues to doc. I finished a whole bottle of cough meds and that didn't help. Only time will tell.

I have learned that failing to plan can make you fail. Remember I am attempting some veggies and basil for fun to learn.

Well I thought my stuff was all cleaned. I know I asked for it to be cleaned but nothing was or at least not to how it should be.

My seeds were rooted so I put them in rockwool soaked for five minutes. This will be learning to the max.

As a preventative measure I put algae drops in the water. The water was hot so dumped two huge bowls of ice into it since not roots. I put some on the fridge to add later on since I only put in 4 gallons. I am going to put rocks in a bottle to weight it down and then freeze it with water.

I have learned that the closet is impossible to cool off. I have two fans going, the door open since I just left the lights on 24/7 and the ac on. The closet stays hot. I cannot grow in there unless I buy a portable ac unit even in the winter. This is what I suspect is the only way. I have one fan blowing the hot air out and another circulating to no avail.

Again this is to learn for my new grow in oct. I feel that weed is way easier then veggies and I have just started. I am running into stupid issues like my tube falling off my pump.

I am certainly not being nearly as careful so I can see why so many run into problems growing. I am really doing this half assed and know with 10 bucks a weed seed i would have never done stuff like this. I know I will learn real quick this way and run into all the issues I didn't with weed and will be able to prevent anything lol.

I will keep you all posted if you want me to. This is certainly an eye opener and glad I didn't do this with my weed.

Sorry to hear your not feeling to good sweetie but your a real trooper so i know you can pull threw we have faith in you. Im sure your grow will turn out good.

Greetings again newbie...I looked at the trinity and it says its an ebb and flow watering system. Since I am a total newb 2...I'm not going 2 b 2 much help. I discovered that a full chamber(all the holes filled) was a bad idea until im more experienced with my box. I had too much material in the box making it extremly difficult 2 work & see what was going on in there. My plants got so tall that bending them was difficult and they are crammed against the top. Taking a PH is a chore unless I drain from the tank. I cant really even get a good look at the roots in week 6 flower and measuring water use takes draining as well. In my second grow Im going 2 leave two to three spaces open in the flower chamber to help with maintaining my girlz. Im going to top this time in week 2 or three of veg...then veg at least a week while they recover before flowering them. Just an experiment for me.
anyway welcome again and it would b cool to see yr journal and photos of yur grow.:cheer:

Ur right about there being differences between the true bubble systems and growing in boxes. I fancied the idea of drawing the box growers together so we can talk about some of the particular issues we face. I wonder if its possible to sub forum the Deep Water Culture so the info stays where it belongs??

I had the same problem with the instructions from BCNL as u did with the instructions for ur box...some stuff is in the manual and some is on the video and some is just....all over the place.....and what the hell?????
There are basic truths in the RM tutorials that Im just absorbing and are improving my grow believe you me!!! Don't be afraid to read read read!

Where did ur seeds come from? How long have u had um? I think... if they have not cracked in just a lil over 24 they may not...did u use just plain PH balanced H2o? I think you lil gal that lost her leaves may b toast, nothing left to absorb the light. Just my take.

Mama T....
These are the pics of what I was talking about earlier...

the diesel that lost its 1st leaves and the stem broke off midway...(that happend overnight)
0725101538a.jpg

this is my white widow that seems to be growing healthy...still no roots hanging out the rockwool
0725101538.jpg

this is my bubble system...
0725101539.jpg

all are still in the vegetative chamber of the closet...hope this gives u a bit more insight on what i was talking about earlier...

lol i ran out of room on all my racks to hang bud so the last gdp i just popped all the buds off, took my g/f's screen door off and washed it the put it on saw horses in garage and put all the nugs on there. pics later too sticky

Hey alien, so sorry to hear your still feeling bad. If you have a problems with a weak immune system, I highly recommend getting you some colloidal silver to take daily. I use this and it keeps me from getting sick alot(I have allergies and week immune system). The natural silver acts as a pro-biotic and strengthen your system, unlike harsh antibiotics, which destroy your immune system. PM me if you want more details. Hope you start to feel better soon!!

Sorry to hear your not feeling to good sweetie but your a real trooper so i know you can pull threw we have faith in you. Im sure your grow will turn out good.

Nice to see you brother, it's been a while! Everything going alright for you?

Mama T....
These are the pics of what I was talking about earlier...

the diesel that lost its 1st leaves and the stem broke off midway...(that happend overnight)

this is my white widow that seems to be growing healthy...still no roots hanging out the rockwool

this is my bubble system...

all are still in the vegetative chamber of the closet...hope this gives u a bit more insight on what i was talking about earlier...

Looks like they were over watered, maybe? The second one is stretching for the light. Nice homemade bubble tank, will you be using that for veg and flower?

Back
Top Bottom