The Deep Water Culture Home

Hello my fellow 420 lovers...

last monday i planted 15seeds in 1" rockwool cubes... i messed up by putting them in nutrient water 1st instead of just regular water. Two of the 15 seeds have already started to grow above ground and are about 4-5 inches tall with their 1st set of leaves...if any of you are familiar with the trinity super closet by i need your help for what i should do next...i all the other 13seeds and some of them have germinated as well and are growing tap roots the others are not... I have my "bubble tub" set up to place the rockwell cubes in the 3in cups with regular water in them... should i now transfer the two that are growing into the bubble system now and provide them with fluorescent light??? or what...im so not sure what to do next...and the instructions i have are garbage... also the 2 that are growing have a yellowish green tint on the leaves and stem is this normal??? please help...

15 plants? What is your bubble system capacity? First thing I would do is flush the nutes out of the rockwool as best you can. Then It's a waiting came on the ones that have not popped up. RW is very forgiving so you have a good chance. On the two that have sprung up, yes, get them in the system after you flush them well and let the system do it's work with plain water for the time being. Lights can be on but keep the flouresants at least a foot away for now. This is their first look at it and you can move it closer in a day or two.

wuddup crazy i think it is like 17-18... so should i have the fluorescents lights on a timer??? the seeds that having sprouted do they still need to remain in darkness after i flush the rockwool cubes out with regular water???and what should i do if the taproots of the seeds are growing in the rockwool??? and how much water should be in my bubble tub??? does the water come up to the bottom of the cups or should it rise slight higher then the end of the cups??? also what exactly is the purpose of the bubble system and what are some more tips when the plants are in the bubble system???

also what is the best way going about flushing out the nutrient soaked rockwool cubes??? should i use the same method as flushing out the salt from them initially??? also how long should they be left sitting(dripping) after i flush them with regular water???

I'd get some water ph'd to around 5.3 to 5.5 and just pour at least a quart over each RW cube. I'd probably repeat a second time. How high was the nute level on your initial prep on the rw cubes? What did you use? Some people do put a light nute load into their rw cube but I think it sets you up for trouble.

Crazy...Im using the trinity super closet(side by side) from supercloset.com...do you know anyone experience with that particular unit??? and if you could instruct me on how to post pics on here i'll show you the bubble system I have...

yea it did...but the instructions was typed by a dumb ass and the video isnt much more help either... i mean the video says 1 thing and the instruction manual(paper) says another...its really ass backwards lol...

Sounds like a call to the supplier is in order. Took a look at the video and read the decription and it's suppose to have an automated ebb and flow program ready to use. If it is, it will set your water level and the amount of time it floods. I'd reread or ask them about that for sure.

yea thats what I have...but im unclear on how high the water level should be...im still working in the vegetation area of the closet...lol...and I called them and they weren't to helpful either lol...so now i'm relying on fellow growers to make it happen lol...

Today (Sunday) is 2 weeks since I put my babies in the tank.
I am planning on doing a complete drain and refill of the system and I am going to add 1/3 of the nutes that the Technaflora "recipe" says to use (minus the B-1).
My seedlings have not grown much, and are still kinda funky colored and looking, but I am starting to get lots of roots.
Even the runt (the one I damaged) is showing 4 roots out of the cup!

Anyway, I am looking for any tips, tricks, or pointers ya'll may have for me since this is my first drain & replenish.

I am planning on using a drill driven pump to drain the res, and then adding back the 6 gallons of nuted water, and firing up the pumps again.

Since I have various physical problems, I don't move too fast, so my big question is how long is too long to have the babies out of water?
Only 3 out of the 6 actually have roots that reach the water, if that makes any difference.

15-20 mins is no problem on the air bath. Even if you have to go longer all you'll need to do is mist the top and the roots with some water every once in awhile. For a while there I was simply taking two folding chairs and putting the res top between the two and letting it drip into a bucket. Now I have another res (a real high tech solution! LOL)that I don't often use so I just stick it on the unused res, take it to the tub, dump it, clean it up, fill it with water, nute and ph it, take it back, hook it up, make sure my airstones. fedder tubes and pump are function well and put the plants back in.

Don't try and hurry up your first time through. That's the receipe for a mistake. Have a mister with some water in it to extend the time if needed. I doubt you will but it will make you feel better if you do! LOL!.

Good Evening Deep Water Culturez..

Well tomorrow Morning is when my Lady in Bloom is going to get the Axe.. I hate to see her go,, but whats done is done.. She hasnt done TOO bad considering this was my first attempt at Hydro I suppose.. And I wouldnt mind trying to Re-Veg her,, but Im just not Positive.. I will say this Hydro Stuff sure beats the CRAP out of Dirt in my Opinion.. And Im sure some would argue that point,, but,, its just my Opinion.. ..

I hope everyone is enjoying their Weekend so far.. !!

Much Love and Respect to all.. ..

I don't think I want to risk a 24 hour drive home with clones

I don't have an inverter/airpump with me or any real safe way to keep them airaited
or are they dirt rooted clones?

thoughts/suggestions?

thanks again

Don't know if they are dirt or not, but I picked up this tip from Hanshisan. Try a battery powered air pump. Works great for traveling. You can also use it as a backup pump at home if you have a power outage. ;)

:wood:
I have a 12KV generator that I hope I never need. for power outages at home

still looking for a dispensary in this area, I must be google 'tarded this morning, no luck yet

15-20 mins is no problem on the air bath. Even if you have to go longer all you'll need to do is mist the top and the roots with some water every once in awhile. For a while there I was simply taking two folding chairs and putting the res top between the two and letting it drip into a bucket. Now I have another res (a real high tech solution! LOL)that I don't often use so I just stick it on the unused res, take it to the tub, dump it, clean it up, fill it with water, nute and ph it, take it back, hook it up, make sure my airstones. fedder tubes and pump are function well and put the plants back in.

Don't try and hurry up your first time through. That's the receipe for a mistake. Have a mister with some water in it to extend the time if needed. I doubt you will but it will make you feel better if you do! LOL!.

I agree 100% with MorethanCrazy, I mean MostlyCrazy, You've got to watch us Deep Water Culture. We're all very sick and most times heavily Mecidated oyu cna tell by teh wya we splel.

If I were MC I'd just fill my reserve tub with new nutes and transfer lids as a rez change. That way you can really clean your parts and pieces and the original tub for the next change. An extra airstone and pump you can aerate the water while you clean all hoses etc. In my bucket grow I have this luxury. In my converted cooler tub I do not. I have made two temp net cup holders out of 5 gl pails. I use 5" net pots so I drilled 5" holes in the lids of the pails. When I do a rez change I remove, if necessary all feeder hose to the net pot. Then I remove the plant from the lid and transfer it to the 5 gl pail. Now I have complete access and control of the Rez its lid and all pumps, hoses, airstones. I remove everything rinse (scrub if necessary) with tap water. The tub goes into the shower for a good rinse and wash. I set a 15 minute timer on my stove. When it goes off I determine how much time till I'm finished to determine whether I tend the roots or just complete my task and have everything back in order.

hey newbie,how big is the super closet?,are you putting 18 in 1 tank? if so IMHO i wouldent,i have 4 and they take up 3'width and almost 4' length.with 18 in one bubble tank you wouldent get half the potential yeild iwouldent think.what kind of lights are you using and are you using the co2 with the system?,,idk i could be worng

Back
Top Bottom