The Deep Water Culture Home

Orange, I think you've done good to help her, she will prolly catch right up in no time, thier lookin really good to me!:tokin: Nice setup too, like the stickers!

Trunk - Said a prayer for your mom...Damn cancer is some crazy stuff! They should stop making money off sick people and cure cancer, no person especially a mom should have to go through something like that, they go through enough in thier life!

Trunk - Prayers said :peace:

Bandit - Glad you figured it out bro. (Blowing Chunks! :rofl:)
Since I'm not as experienced as you, I was under the impression that trimming lower branches actually slows production to the tops because the plants need to recover those lost branches, actually taking away from the tops until the branches and leaves are replaced. :scratchinghead: What do I know.

Lost Forever - :welcome: to 420 and the Deep Water Culture Home!!!

alien8 - :thanks:

well the new cabinet is up nd running, take a look
100_13703.JPG

100_13713.JPG

100_137221.jpg

100_13731.JPG

100_137531.jpg

100_137631.jpg

100_13783.JPG

100_13815.JPG

100_13822.JPG

100_13831.JPG

100_13843.JPG

100_13852.JPG

100_13863.JPG

the hose coming from the floor is a/c in the room of bloom ,it gets cold enough in there now that my water stayed at 63 all night and is still stuck there,the trichs increased since i put them in.im not compleatly done (when will i ever be lol) but i just have to add a couple minor things though.well i hope everybodys day is going well

Good job BD! Of all the thing you did I like the Stud ink on your barrier lock. Did I tell you I'm easily amused while medicated? LOL!

I see a lot of soil growers chop the bottom leaves. Thinking they are not using side lites like us Hydro growers do so it's whats on top that counts. You can move those soil plants around for top light coverage if you have the space. The theory is to clip them early before the soil plant has invested a lot of energy invested in them.

Our prayers are with you and your mom Trunk! Here's to a smooth surgery and speedy recovery.

Trunk - Prayers said :peace:

Bandit - Glad you figured it out bro. (Blowing Chunks! :rofl:)
Since I'm not as experienced as you, I was under the impression that trimming lower branches actually slows production to the tops because the plants need to recover those lost branches, actually taking away from the tops until the branches and leaves are replaced

That could depend on the strain. My indicas have usaually gone crazy with new top growth when I remove lower branches for clones or when I clean up their trunks during preflower.

Bendog, You're a freakin Madman! Awesome cab Buddy! I'm a big sucker for diy builds! Positive reps & points for you asap! :rollit:

I got all artsy tonight check out my outdoor girls and a hummingbird

Very nice picture!! I am a very amateur photographer and love the nature shots.

hey guys i know i havent been around much but things have been crazy for me getting everything ready befor my mom goes into the hospital. but im asking all to say a small prayer for her because her surgery is tomorrow. she is having her left lung removed because of cancer in the bronchial passage. thank you all!!!

Prayers were sent and I hope all goes well my friend.

:oops::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:
I have a question concerning nutes, I screwed up really bad and I have run out of my B.C. Boost and it won't get here for about 7-10 days. I am into the 4th week of flowering, (2 hairy little monsters), my question is their something that I can get from a Wally World or somewhere that can hold me over until the Boost arrives?

Since it's just a supplement, I think you would be fine for a week. Maybe just up your bloom nutes a touch. I see the Boost has alot of nitrogen, so maybe add a touch of veg nutes. I wouldn't add anything from Wally World!

Good job BD! Of all the thing you did I like the Stud ink on your barrier lock. Did I tell you I'm easily amused while medicated? LOL!

I see a lot of soil growers chop the bottom leaves. Thinking they are not using side lites like us Hydro growers do so it's whats on top that counts. You can move those soil plants around for top light coverage if you have the space. The theory is to clip them early before the soil plant has invested a lot of energy invested in them.

lol i didnt notice it was in the pic until i loaded it and i didnt want to take a new pic lol.the soil girl is still in the original room i didnt make the bloom room big enough,i made it small to keep it colder,i dont have enough blue lights to work with the clones in the smaller side at this point but if i need to i will.im using 4 4' blues to cover the cloner and vegging right now.but yea the soil girl does seem droopy toward the bottom.being this far into flowering would it be safe to mess with the leaves or should i let it go for the rest of 4 1/2-5 weeks?(thats estimated harvest time for all of them).

Since it's just a supplement, I think you would be fine for a week. Maybe just up your bloom nutes a touch. I see the Boost has alot of nitrogen, so maybe add a touch of veg nutes. I wouldn't add anything from Wally World!

Thanks the anser, I didn't know it is a supplement, I thought it is the base nutrients and everything else is a supplement. :thanks:

well the new cabinet is up nd running, take a look
100_13703.JPG

100_13713.JPG

100_13722.JPG

100_13731.JPG

100_13753.JPG

100_13763.JPG

100_13783.JPG

100_13815.JPG

100_13822.JPG

100_13831.JPG

100_13843.JPG

100_13852.JPG

100_13863.JPG

the hose coming from the floor is a/c in the room of bloom ,it gets cold enough in there now that my water stayed at 63 all night and is still stuck there,the trichs increased since i put them in.im not compleatly done (when will i ever be lol) but i just have to add a couple minor things though.well i hope everybodys day is going well

BenDog very cool DYI Cabinet, hope it grows you lots of GOOD MJ.
Is that light I see coming out of your flowering compartment? I'm thinking that if light is escaping you may get light leaking in during dark hours????

BenDog very cool DYI Cabinet, hope it grows you lots of GOOD MJ.
Is that light I see coming out of your flowering compartment? I'm thinking that if light is escaping you may get light leaking in during dark hours????

yea that is one of the things im working on,,im makeing 2 10' exuast ducts to go over the fans and leading those exuast ducts to a box with a can of ona gel screwed into the side of it for smell protection,,,thank you for noticing the potential light leak though,i need little stuff like that noticed to keep me on my toes lol

Okay here comes the proverbial question, I am converting a 8'x6' walk in closet into a grow room. I am planning on about 12-14 plants (all fem), my question is about Lights, I am wanting to use HID as my main lighting, 2 400W Flowering, and 1 400W veg. I guesss my first question, is it just important to have both spectrums of light with HID as it is with CFLs' or would I be better off with using all three lamps with Flowering bulbs? Second would this be enough lighting for the number of plants? I plan on use cfls' for added side lighting.

Okay here comes the proverbial question, I am converting a 8'x6' walk in closet into a grow room. I am planning on about 12-14 plants (all fem), my question is about Lights, I am wanting to use HID as my main lighting, 2 400W Flowering, and 1 400W veg. I guesss my first question, is it just important to have both spectrums of light with HID as it is with CFLs' or would I be better off with using all three lamps with Flowering bulbs? Second would this be enough lighting for the number of plants? I plan on use cfls' for added side lighting.

well it is good to use both specturms as ive been told but im no expert by far,12-14 seems like if you can afford to run 2 hids for veg as well i would,as wel as the side lighting,they have me stuck on lots of light and lots of bubbles so thats the advice i give lol as long as your not worried about being hot spotted or power bills go for it.thats just my opinion

Back
Top Bottom