The Deep Water Culture Home

Hey everyone.

Still in a holding pattern with my seeds. Anyone have any tips and tricks to get them to sprout faster?

I am using a SH DWC kit, along with a DIY kit.

I've never had this problem before. Every seed I have ever planted has come up. But I've used soil every time.

I have a Journal over in the Journals in Progress section called Double Double Soil and Bubbles if anyone has any tips for me...

How do the Deep Water Culture veg out a plant in preparation of sticking it in the tank. I would like to start my next round in October which means i need to get planning but I am just not sure.

Do you guys start in soil then clean up the roots and stick the plant in rockwool? I tried this before and it seemed to work great. I simply cut the wet rockwool open and stuck the mess of roots in it. Then sealed it up with hydroton.

Otherwise I was debating about building a smaller res for a couple plants and just using an air pump with a high water level to keep the rockwool wet while the seeds sprout. Id like to get the first 2-4 weeks finished before moving the plants into the grow tent.

I will be using a 40watt Tube florescent setup for seedlings and early veg.

How do the Deep Water Culture veg out a plant in preparation of sticking it in the tank. I would like to start my next round in October which means i need to get planning but I am just not sure.

Do you guys start in soil then clean up the roots and stick the plant in rockwool? I tried this before and it seemed to work great. I simply cut the wet rockwool open and stuck the mess of roots in it. Then sealed it up with hydroton.

Otherwise I was debating about building a smaller res for a couple plants and just using an air pump with a high water level to keep the rockwool wet while the seeds sprout. Id like to get the first 2-4 weeks finished before moving the plants into the grow tent.

I will be using a 40watt Tube florescent setup for seedlings and early veg.

Germ the seed, presoak rockwool with desired Ph level once seed pops place in rockwool taproot down place in netcup covered with hydroton that has been presoaked as well place under grow light. There are a few ways I am going to build a DIY 5gal cloner and root mine that way when i do my DWC. Hope this helps. Start nutes after ur 3-4 set of leaves not counting the baby leaves :) See rosemans feeding in Deep Water Culture Feeding in Deep Water Culture, Getting Started & PPM

Mr.Rose ,as an alternative you can also sprout the seeds right in the rockwool in your res ! Saves a lot of fartin around moving things ...Just presoak your rockwool and soak your seeds for a few hours in phd water like the rockwool than just drop the seedsinto the little hole in the rockwool set your drip lines to drip water into the side of the rockwool (make sure your drip lines are below the surface of the rockwool) and your set I just go 18 hours on and 6 hours lights off, keep your lights high till your seeds pop you can leave them in the dark till they pop but my last set all popped in 24 hours ! :peace:

Yup, I've literally studied the pages where he documents putting the seeds both in coffee cups, and also paper towels. I have both methods going at the moment as well as cracked seeds sitting in moist rockwool cubes. I'm just trying to figure out how long it is before I can declare them "DUDS" LOL

I've got a fresh set of seeds in the paper towel method right now. I'll check them later on tonight and see what we have. I may just have a whole bunch of bad bagseed. But what are the odds of that happening?? LOL

I need to be patient. I'm just worried I am screwing this up somehow. Total newbie to DWC. All my previous efforts have been in soil.

Hey everyone.

Still in a holding pattern with my seeds. Anyone have any tips and tricks to get them to sprout faster?

I am using a SH DWC kit, along with a DIY kit.

I've never had this problem before. Every seed I have ever planted has come up. But I've used soil every time.

I have a Journal over in the Journals in Progress section called Double Double Soil and Bubbles if anyone has any tips for me...

You can score the seed with some sandpaper. Last night I scratched up 2 G-Force seeds soaked for 2 hrs, then to a parer towel. Right now they both have about 2-3ml tap roots sticking out of them. The scratch help the seed absorb water faster.:goodluck:

MC, does that plant look as healthy as the others besides after you water? Does the whole plant do it or just one branch? Is the PH run off the same as the others ( you prolly already checked that, lol) ? Do you water as soon as the lights come on?

Yup, I've literally studied the pages where he documents putting the seeds both in coffee cups, and also paper towels. I have both methods going at the moment as well as cracked seeds sitting in moist rockwool cubes. I'm just trying to figure out how long it is before I can declare them "DUDS" LOL

I've got a fresh set of seeds in the paper towel method right now. I'll check them later on tonight and see what we have. I may just have a whole bunch of bad bagseed. But what are the odds of that happening?? LOL

I need to be patient. I'm just worried I am screwing this up somehow. Total newbie to DWC. All my previous efforts have been in soil.

I think soaking the seed gets the best result. RM says it himself that they sprout faster after soaking the seed. My first grow i think ima try to do the hempy method then after a grow or two go to DWC. Just need my damn beans and to conceal the grow room after installing AC in my sliding window. :blunt:

I think soaking the seed gets the best result. RM says it himself that they sprout faster after soaking the seed. My first grow i think ima try to do the hempy method then after a grow or two go to DWC. Just need my damn beans and to conceal the grow room after installing AC in my sliding window. :blunt:

I`ve been using the paper towel method for 23 years now, works great IMHO! I`m sure soaking works also just never needed to stray, peace all!

They are seeds. I usually water about an hour after the lights come on but this time it was 2 hours. Runoff is 6.5. I ph adjust the water after adding nutes. Using FFOF soil so I think that helps also. The whole plant does it. They start out about the same, water, this one points the leaves down for about an hour and then back up and looking like the others an hour later. T

The plants in this pot do look a little greener then the other plants but only slightly. They get the same dose from the same hand sprinkler.

The plant that points has the most buds of the batch. Still hanging around a quarter size but piling up everywhere. At least 14" down from the the tip of the cola to the bottom bud pops. I've got them opened up pretty well and my 4'x4' grow area is bud city.

My watering schedule is nutes, water, additives, water, nutes. Do you think I should add another water cycle? Nutes, water, water, additives, water, water? They don't look overfed. Leaves pointing slightly up and no spots.

Back
Top Bottom