The Green Help-Me Hotline

re: The Green Help-Me Hotline

:bravo: on ur b-day huh.. that was some coo sh***, thanks for the answer, u lifted a huge weight off my shoulders, see N.W.G. i have certain disabilities some way sevier than others, i have seizures witch have led to major memory loss, o.c.d., and anxitey disorder, so u lifting that weight off of me will always be respected, trust me before its over with you will give me my own speed dial extension to tha "help me" hotline, i will be back with more questions trust me LOL thanks man!

looks like the plant is having a hard time processing the amount of nutes it is being given, try flushing her then lower your nute strength a touch, either that or is there possibly a light leak in your flowering area, light poisoning will cause all sorts of funny growth? if excess nutes build up USUALLY the ph of your media will drop, when the ph drops your plant stops processing nutes through your roots and it has to compensate and take it from its own leafs causing the funny growth then eventually burn marks or def signs.

whats your humidity like too?

i can answer all this with 1 word my good man!!! OUTDOOR!!! these are my outdoor ladies!!! but yea, there is no light leak!!! i even have a green bulb in the patio light!!! over nutes??? how is that possible??? I am asking if i should be giving more? I only feed 1 time a week!!! I have to water everyday and sometimes even twice in a day, so 6 days of straight water, shouldnt that already be flushed every week??? I was thinking of increasing to 2 times a week??? also pH is and has always been holding at 6.9 - 7.0, rarely does it change from that

:peacetwo:

looks to be a PH problem, when your ph gets thrown off usually the first nutes to get locked out are usually Calcium and magnesium, are you Phing when when your water? try flushing the plant with 6.5 ph water and test and see what the ph of the runoff is.

hope this helps buddy :D

Thanks for the reply. My usual procedure is to let the tap water sit with an air bubbler for about 24-48 hrs, then I add the nutes (Fox Farms), stir it up well, and then check the pH. Lately the water coming from the tap is at 8.5, but after adding all the nutrients, it is usually around 6.5 - 6.6. The last grow, I ph'ed the water, and then added the nutes, and that was a problem because the water was in the low 5's.

I'm going to run some plain ph'ed water through the plant tonight and check the runoff. Should my runoff be around the same as what is going in?

i can answer all this with 1 word my good man!!! OUTDOOR!!! these are my outdoor ladies!!! but yea, there is no light leak!!! i even have a green bulb in the patio light!!! over nutes??? how is that possible??? I am asking if i should be giving more? I only feed 1 time a week!!! I have to water everyday and sometimes even twice in a day, so 6 days of straight water, shouldnt that already be flushed every week??? I was thinking of increasing to 2 times a week??? also pH is and has always been holding at 6.9 - 7.0, rarely does it change from that

:peacetwo:

that settles it, it is a PH problem you need to be sitting much closer to the 6.2 6.5 range, your missing maganeese and if i remember calcium when your PH stays that high?

Thanks for the reply. My usual procedure is to let the tap water sit with an air bubbler for about 24-48 hrs, then I add the nutes (Fox Farms), stir it up well, and then check the pH. Lately the water coming from the tap is at 8.5, but after adding all the nutrients, it is usually around 6.5 - 6.6. The last grow, I ph'ed the water, and then added the nutes, and that was a problem because the water was in the low 5's.

I'm going to run some plain ph'ed water through the plant tonight and check the runoff. Should my runoff be around the same as what is going in?

ideally, yess.. my ph in and out is almost always 6.5 i only notice problems when variations start happening, i need to start buffering with Dolo lime and i wouldnt have any problems at all i think

N.W. Green, maybe you can help me figure this problem I am having.

Strain: Blue Cheese
Day: 38 in Veg
Indoor
Soil: 3 gal smart pots
400W MH light in cool tube
Temps and Humidity: 77-81 44%-52%
No pests have been seen
Watering every third or fourth day depending on weight of plant
Had been using RO water
Yesterday watered with 1 gal RO, 1 gal tap 10ml Grow Big 5ml cal/mag 2.5 ml Pro-tekt
PH 6.6 in, run off 6.5

I am starting to see these same spots on my Herijuana Jack33 so any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated

Planned on switching to 12/12 next week

BC
001647.JPG

002690.JPG

003652.JPG

004616.JPG

ideally, yess.. my ph in and out is almost always 6.5 i only notice problems when variations start happening, i need to start buffering with Dolo lime and i wouldnt have any problems at all i think

I just put 4 gallons of ph'ed water at 6.5 through the plant, and my runoff was 5.0! How do I fix this? The plant is in a 10 gallon Smart pot. Do I need to transplant to another pot with a different soil mixture? Should I just run the water/nutes with a higher initial ph?

Thanks!

N.W. Green, maybe you can help me figure this problem I am having.

Strain: Blue Cheese
Day: 38 in Veg
Indoor
Soil: 3 gal smart pots
400W MH light in cool tube
Temps and Humidity: 77-81 44%-52%
No pests have been seen
Watering every third or fourth day depending on weight of plant
Had been using RO water
Yesterday watered with 1 gal RO, 1 gal tap 10ml Grow Big 5ml cal/mag 2.5 ml Pro-tekt
PH 6.6 in, run off 6.5

I am starting to see these same spots on my Herijuana Jack33 so any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated

Planned on switching to 12/12 next week

BC
001647.JPG

002690.JPG

003652.JPG

004616.JPG

looks like a possible zinc def. look over your nutes and see if there is any in there, if you do have zinc in there try upping your dose of Cal/mg slightly higher :D

I just put 4 gallons of ph'ed water at 6.5 through the plant, and my runoff was 5.0! How do I fix this? The plant is in a 10 gallon Smart pot. Do I need to transplant to another pot with a different soil mixture? Should I just run the water/nutes with a higher initial ph?

Thanks!

if you can find it dolomite lime is great for buffering your ph, scratch a bit into the top of your soil there should be direction's on how much to put in, DO NOT over compensate by putting in higher PH water, this will only cause more problems, do not feed with any nutes and put LOTS of water through right now while it is still wet, you dont wanna keep flushing consistantly over time and cause root rot.

gotta run back to work but this is somewhere to start.

if you can find it dolomite lime is great for buffering your ph, scratch a bit into the top of your soil there should be direction's on how much to put in, DO NOT over compensate by putting in higher PH water, this will only cause more problems, do not feed with any nutes and put LOTS of water through right now while it is still wet, you dont wanna keep flushing consistantly over time and cause root rot.

Thanks, I will pickup some powdered dolomite lime and I will top dress the plant, then water thoroughly and no nutes for how long?

Thanks for your help and time on this!

that settles it, it is a PH problem you need to be sitting much closer to the 6.2 6.5 range, your missing maganeese and if i remember calcium when your PH stays that high?

I thought that the soil's pH is supposed to be a 6.5 and 6.8??? and I add epsom salt to the mix also cus i know that i am lacking that stuff!!! I do 1/2 tsp of it to a gallon of water!!!

nutrient_chart_454.gif

here i will try to explain it how it was explained to me, Ph isn't an exact number it varies, think about radio frequencies as your ph and radio stations as each element, everyone has surfed the radio and you knew when you can hear a station but its just not really coming in, the same effect happens to the roots, when your close to the right ph you can still get the nutes but uptake will not occur right, thats why many nute companies chelate almost all nutes, it helps to make up for slightly wrong ph.

but organically you cant really do this so your ph has to hit all the levels, by varying your ph slightly some times a little bit low (6.3) and having it other times at higher numbers (6.7)

always remember that we are talking about a living organism, no two are alike and when we learn information it can be applied in most situations but nature allows for mutations, its kinda like telling a kid with asthma to run it off. because we are helping to grow the plant many times undesired traits are not quelled off like would happen in nature (survival of the fittest) and we are left to compensate for mutation where normally it would never get the chance.

hope this helps friend :D

I looked at the Fox Farms nutes I am using and the Grow Big has 0.05% zinc the Big Bloom has none. The Cal/mag that I use has none as well.

Since I was just using RO before I think I can link it to that. When I just water with cal/mag and Pro-tekt the plants would not be getting any zinc.

Do you think that by mixing RO and tap water that I should be good, or should I try to find some other way to get the zinc I am lacking?

:Namaste:

I just top dressed the plant with 10tbs of dolomite lime (10 gallon smart pot) and watered with 4 gallons! of 6.5 water. Now I'm going to give her a break for a day or so and let the roots dry out a bit.

I looked at the Fox Farms nutes I am using and the Grow Big has 0.05% zinc the Big Bloom has none. The Cal/mag that I use has none as well.

Since I was just using RO before I think I can link it to that. When I just water with cal/mag and Pro-tekt the plants would not be getting any zinc.

Do you think that by mixing RO and tap water that I should be good, or should I try to find some other way to get the zinc I am lacking?

:Namaste:

if you have a grow shop next to you, go get granular anzomite it has all your micros in it and plants love it, its made from volcanic ash so sativa's REALLY like it.

I just top dressed the plant with 10tbs of dolomite lime (10 gallon smart pot) and watered with 4 gallons! of 6.5 water. Now I'm going to give her a break for a day or so and let the roots dry out a bit.

did you ph the run off to see if it did any immediate change?

if you have a grow shop next to you, go get granular anzomite it has all your micros in it and plants love it, its made from volcanic ash so sativa's REALLY like it.

Thanks I will check that out next time I can get to the grow shop it's about 40 miles away, maybe one of the nurseries a little closer carries that.

did you ph the run off to see if it did any immediate change?

It did not make much difference, I think it might have bumped up to 5.2. I did not put much in, and I think its going to take time to work its way into the soil, as the top of the pot is pretty full of root matter and I can't mix it in. Basically I put in 1 tablespoon for every gallon of the container.

thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom