The Green Help-Me Hotline

re: The Green Help-Me Hotline

don't think i have seen them at hardware stores but thats not to say it couldn't happen, and the bulbs can come in red or blue, i personally like to have equal amounts of both :D my T5 has 2 blue 2 red to prove it lol ;D

lol. So I need to go to hydro store or similar?

another ? When seedlings sprout, how close would you place to the plant/ aquarium "warm" light. I may have made the wrong assumption that this would work on the baby for a few weeks? I bought a CFL, but the bulb was not good, it only lit up half of it, so I have to take it back :(

as long as your temps dont go above 85ish on the tops of your plants your light bulbs are not too close, t5 is the diameter of the bulb used in the fixture. and that sucks about your bulb man

and i just use T5's on my little ones but if i had the freedom to use more power i would use blue ones in my flowering room along with my 1000 watt HPS bulbs

well mam, i would say if she is still standing up you will be ok, if she stretches over 6 inches b4 the first set of leaves you might have a light that doesnt have enough lumens, and for side lighting T5 would be my pick, and yes when i say blue i mean the blue T5 bulbs.

High Pressure Sodium (HPS) is red, Metal Halid (MH) is blue T5's can come either way, and so can compact floro's, Above all other i would suggest a HPS/MH if you can afford it.

Good luck girl and im always here to help

I do use a seedling mat but it is pretty easy to burn em when you do that, if it is turning brown like that sounds like it might be staying too wet, but if the PH is off that could affect it too.

Thank you lil stinker you kick ass :D

Just stopped by to say thanks for starting this thread...learning a lot of interesting things.:thumb:

sounds like you have a good foundation of information going, jumping right in trial and error is the best way to get the swing of things :D

HI NWG, i'm growing for the first time a single plant (femenized white dwarf autoflower) just in my livingroom. i'm planning on using either CFL 40w 625 lumes (x2) or GE "plant grow lights" blue 625 lumes. i'm curious if these will work. I don't have access to hydroponics stores or specialty lighting, I live in a small town and can only access regular equipment.

can you offer any advice on the gear I should use.

I would suggest getting more 2500 red bulbs and more 6500 blue bulbs, you can get these at any walmart or big store, you want the compact floresent and the more the better :D

Back
Top Bottom