The Green Help-Me Hotline

re: The Green Help-Me Hotline

i just recently had a plant that didn't show sex till it hit 4 feet tall >.< some times they are fickle

Thanks for all the great advice you have shared with everyone.

I have an issue with my 4 ft tall blue rhino.
It's in its 4th week of flower and all the lower leaves have turned yellow and fallen out. The buds look great, and the leaves around them look perfect.
I have another blue rhino right next to the yellowing one that is one week older and looks perfect. no yellowing or falling leaves at all. Both plants are from seeds Highgrade seed company, and the seeds were not feminized.

I realize that some yellowing and leaf drop is natural in the mid to late flowering.This girl seems to want to get naked badly.:rollit:

She is on the same feed and water schedule as the normal one.

Any input is appreciated.

:thanks:

when dealing with seeds, each individual will be just that, an individual, based off the fact that is is starting low and your tops are not doing it, i would imagine it is a macro nutrient def. i would suggest adding a dose of 5-5-5 to the affected one, or what kind of nutes are you running?

so are these from KOS or who breeds them? if you dont mind me asking

hey green
my girl is in late stage flowering im just wondering the edges of the leaves are turning yellow chec pic any help would be great thanks
SDC11055.JPG
its just a small grow i took the top bud off because most of the trichomes were turning amber but then this happened thanx

hey green
my girl is in late stage flowering im just wondering the edges of the leaves are turning yellow chec pic any help would be great thanks
SDC11055.JPG
its just a small grow i took the top bud off because most of the trichomes were turning amber but then this happened thanx

looks like a little bit of nute burn, or if your not ph'ing then its that :D

hi green me again im not sure of the kind it was a seed a friend gave me my ph is around 6.9 right now but when i give it nutes witch is only every second watering it goes up or down a bit my water here has a ph of 7.6 so it goes up and when i feed the solution is aprox 6.6 ph it goes down a bit i have three pics that kinda shows the setup and the prob let me know cause this is a trial run before i try my good ones im using a 15 30 15 flowering fert with micro nutes she's in a 12" pot and potting soil and perlight make the dirt i also have a fan on it for cooling let me know any advice or concerns would be helpful thanx :high-five:
pic221.JPG
pic120.JPG
SDC11057.JPG

ive got 4 skunk x kush f1 hybrid outdoor don't do hole lot to them just fert them about 6 feet tall not show F/M friend has plants that are budding o/s as well any thought

Hello there i just started to have this problem i lost power for too days and now this i dont know whats going on but looks unheathly havent had anyproblems till now on the third grow so let me know some insight or let me know any info you need i hvent started to flower yet it get s 24hrs or light 2 165 watt lights watered two times a week because it is so big it just sucks the water up i dont use any nuts just whats in the potting soil the room stays around 74 77 degs depending on the day so if you dont mind some help before i loss big birtha ty magnet also the rest seems ok for now and i have clean and flushed everything
20110903_092003.jpg
20110903_105821.jpg
20110903_105915.jpg
20110903_105953.jpg

hi green me again im not sure of the kind it was a seed a friend gave me my ph is around 6.9 right now but when i give it nutes witch is only every second watering it goes up or down a bit my water here has a ph of 7.6 so it goes up and when i feed the solution is aprox 6.6 ph it goes down a bit i have three pics that kinda shows the setup and the prob let me know cause this is a trial run before i try my good ones im using a 15 30 15 flowering fert with micro nutes she's in a 12" pot and potting soil and perlight make the dirt i also have a fan on it for cooling let me know any advice or concerns would be helpful thanx :high-five:
pic221.JPG
pic120.JPG
SDC11057.JPG

the problems you have been seeing are ph related my friend, you need to get the Ph of your water down to 6.5, use apple cider vinegar and it should only take about 1 mL per gallon and your nute solution sound great ph. if you get this all in shape i think all signs point to go on a larger scale, i would suggest taking some 6.5 Ph water and running it through the plant and then phing the runoff and im willing to believe you will see its off from that good 6.5 number, this means that the media is the wrong ph and your roots are not uptaking right, thats why your seeing the burning on the leaves because it has to take from its self because it cant from the soil :high-five:

Ok, so here's a photo of my plants. what do you think? not enought N? or Mg? or ? ph issues?

@ 19 days
DSC_001810.JPG

DSC_003313.JPG

@ 22 days
Day_22_1_11.jpg

I have adjusted the nutes. added more of the N and Cal - Mag , I think they look better now, but not sure?

the more cal mag is a good idea, and then along with the cal mag i might add more nitrogen but just a little bit :cheer:

she is a cutie, your rocking girl :D

ive got 4 skunk x kush f1 hybrid outdoor don't do hole lot to them just fert them about 6 feet tall not show F/M friend has plants that are budding o/s as well any thought

My guess is that you have some plants that are on the skunk side of the family and are longer flowering plants, depending on where you live will depend on what you should do, what latitude or state and region are you in? my buddy has a nearly 7 ft tall sativa girl that hasn't started yet either and i am in southern washington, she likely will not make it to flowering all the way because of our season here and he doesnt have a green house, but she sure is pretty :D

Hello there i just started to have this problem i lost power for too days and now this i dont know whats going on but looks unheathly havent had anyproblems till now on the third grow so let me know some insight or let me know any info you need i hvent started to flower yet it get s 24hrs or light 2 165 watt lights watered two times a week because it is so big it just sucks the water up i dont use any nuts just whats in the potting soil the room stays around 74 77 degs depending on the day so if you dont mind some help before i loss big birtha ty magnet also the rest seems ok for now and i have clean and flushed everything
20110903_092003.jpg
20110903_105821.jpg
20110903_105915.jpg
20110903_105953.jpg

im a little thrown here, i have a few ideas of what could be going on but nothing im positive on ya dig...?

Have you checked for bugs?

Are you in soil, if so do you have some sort of root rock going? does the dirt smell bad?

any chance the top got damaged and its just growing out of it, there is a pinching technique that will cause funny growth but is no problem in veg?

hydro can get algae too, with the power being out that means your airstone was off and 2 days at around 80+ temps will cause it for sure, if so i H2o2 will help you greatly Hydrogen Peroxide is the common term but i would suggest getting the stuff from grow shops it is 30+% rather than 3ish%. if you have this your roots will feel slimy

N.W. Green! Thanks for the reply. I think, with all the help, I am on the right track. I am going to post some photos of my girlies in a few minutes. They look good! ONE has a spot on it, I think it's a pest issue, but weird it is only ONE... anyway, if you have time, check out my journal, let me know your thoughts. :thanks:

N.W.Green i have a plant that broke at the base had 3 weeks till it finished what i want to know is can i freeze it green for hash or oil or do i have to dry it first unable to hang and cure at this moment due to health and it happend all of a sudden thxs to this last storm

thanks for reply green i live in mn turn cold morn like in 40 degree do you think might bud soon. days getting short hope something happens soon first time grow at this point i would like to see something happen m/f just want know. thanks again

It doesnt smell the roots actullay look real good the dirt was dry by the rooit is such a strong plant its only a month old its a beast so i uped my watering its been about a week and looking better already ill keep u up to date but i think it just dryied up for them too days ty green for ur insight and ill let everyone know the out come :yummy:

N.W.Green i have a plant that broke at the base had 3 weeks till it finished what i want to know is can i freeze it green for hash or oil or do i have to dry it first unable to hang and cure at this moment due to health and it happend all of a sudden thxs to this last storm

Freeze it green, add to ice and water and mix it like crazy. All the trics will fall to the bottom, strain and dry. do a search for Gumby hash...

Back
Top Bottom