The Green Help-Me Hotline

re: The Green Help-Me Hotline

over the last few days i have noticed that the leaves on the lower branches of my fem big bang have been turning yellow. at first i thought that this was a N issue because i have been feeding her light but for the last feed i went full strength fox farms and now more of the lower leaves are yellow and it is now effecting leaves further along the branches...

my ph is 6-6.5
soil is ff ocean forrest
nutes are fox farms grow big and big bloom kangaroot? and microbrew

she is 30-ish days old

rsz_help.jpg

thanks for any help u can give me

over the last few days i have noticed that the leaves on the lower branches of my fem big bang have been turning yellow. at first i thought that this was a N issue because i have been feeding her light but for the last feed i went full strength fox farms and now more of the lower leaves are yellow and it is now effecting leaves further along the branches...

my ph is 6-6.5
soil is ff ocean forrest
nutes are fox farms grow big and big bloom kangaroot? and microbrew

she is 30-ish days old

rsz_help.jpg

thanks for any help u can give me
I would up the pH buy just flushing with water what kind of light are you using?

It doesnt smell the roots actullay look real good the dirt was dry by the rooit is such a strong plant its only a month old its a beast so i uped my watering its been about a week and looking better already ill keep u up to date but i think it just dryied up for them too days ty green for ur insight and ill let everyone know the out come :yummy:
thats a cool plant i hope it makes it

I would up the pH buy just flushing with water what kind of light are you using?

2ft 2 bulb sunleaves ho t5 for germ and clones

2 ft 4 bulb htg ho t5 for the veg

400w hps for flower

could lack of light penatration cause that?

after the soil drys some i will give it a could flush with some 6.5 water.

thanks

I was also going to suggest you might be over watering, dry spots, or root oxygen problem if its the older leafs. I add prozyem to in all my watering, an enzyme boost will help remove old dead root matter leaving space for oxygen. I like to poke holes deep into the soil and I try to mix the tops of my soil as much as i can I like fabric pots they dont have the air problem but you get dry spots. If I use plastic bags I add extra drain holes and tape up the top rim to make them more sturdy. Drainage is so important a feed schedule will never work I you cant feed water feed or feed water water in a week if your soil is soaked all week from the feeding. Root Organic original is great out of the bag for flowering ( coco and a ton of perlite) and Light Warrior for veg. and it can be add to ocean Forest or happy frog, Fox farm heads love this.

N W Green, Thanks for the help with the plants I added some azomite to the soil and I think they look better. Here is a shot of them at about 3 weeks of 12/12.

Blue Cheese
002707.JPG

Herijuana Jack 33
012310.JPG

+reps for what you are doing for the community here at :420:

Hi NWG

I was so thankful to find this thread...as a new grower and member I have trouble finding answers to many of my questions and it takes hours and hours of reading sometimes and still I don't have a good answer...sometimes there are just too many opinions

Helpful experienced growers willing to help the newbies is why I joined 420mag in the first place.

Right now I'm doing my 3rd grow, in 2ltr hempy pots, the seedlings I've got growing are almost 4 weeks old now and I just switched them today from under 4x23w CFL to 1x400w MH, I noticed the new growth looks really bright lime green under the new light. If you visit my journal I have many pics...and an update coming tomorrow, with more pics.

I know with hempy I'm responsible for all of the nutes, macro and micro. Am I missing something? Is that why they apprear almost too green? I've read so many threads discussing nute deficiencies/lockouts. But I just don't know. I don't want to make it worse by making the wrong conclusion.

I'm currently using Canna TerraVega 10ml/1gal pH'd to 5.8-6.0. They get 12-14oz of that about every 36-48 hrs. I'm using tap water that pH's to 7.5-8.5.

Any ideas/suggestions would be helpful

Hi there Mr Green.....
First of all this a great idea of Q&A and respect for taking time to analyse and helpout fellow growers.

My problem regards nutes. I'm not a newbie to growing, roughly 20 grows behind me in soil and coco. However I have stuck with the same nutes more or less from day one. I use Ionic grow, superthrive, rhizotonic, cannazyme and nitrozyme in veg. Ionic bloom, superthrive, rhizotonic, cannazyme, hammerhead, H&G top shooter for flower. I adjust ph accordingly and is pretty stable with this mix of nutes.

Now here lies the problem I have just started a new grow but i was donated a large amount of Bio Nova A+B coco. I have never used an A+B formula and not sure how to use it effectively. Usually i just put my base nute into water tank and measure the E/C until at appropriate level. This was so simple with ionics because it a one part feed, pour measure E/C, add macros etc then ph. With the A&B it says mix A part in water then add B, simple right? well it seems not unless i dumb! (possible i guess). See If i put the nutes in then measure my E/C- PPM and its out then how do i correct it? Supposedly u are not meant to pour more A feed in tank after it already mixed? I could quite easily go and buy the ionics and stick to wot i know but that would be the easy way and i wouldnt learn anything new. besides that i've heard good reports on the bio nova.

I use R/O water too and occasioally supplement grow with co2.

Any help would be massively appreciated buddy.

Thanks

Please help

Hi there Mr Green.....
First of all this a great idea of Q&A and respect for taking time to analyse and helpout fellow growers.

My problem regards nutes. I'm not a newbie to growing, roughly 20 grows behind me in soil and coco. However I have stuck with the same nutes more or less from day one. I use Ionic grow, superthrive, rhizotonic, cannazyme and nitrozyme in veg. Ionic bloom, superthrive, rhizotonic, cannazyme, hammerhead, H&G top shooter for flower. I adjust ph accordingly and is pretty stable with this mix of nutes.

Now here lies the problem I have just started a new grow but i was donated a large amount of Bio Nova A+B coco. I have never used an A+B formula and not sure how to use it effectively. Usually i just put my base nute into water tank and measure the E/C until at appropriate level. This was so simple with ionics because it a one part feed, pour measure E/C, add macros etc then ph. With the A&B it says mix A part in water then add B, simple right? well it seems not unless i dumb! (possible i guess). See If i put the nutes in then measure my E/C- PPM and its out then how do i correct it? Supposedly u are not meant to pour more A feed in tank after it already mixed? I could quite easily go and buy the ionics and stick to wot i know but that would be the easy way and i wouldnt learn anything new. besides that i've heard good reports on the bio nova.

I use R/O water too and occasioally supplement grow with co2.

Any help would be massively appreciated buddy.

Thanks

Please help

To be honest you sound lightyears ahead of me on hydro knowledge, but one thing that is always to remember, nutes do have a shelf life after a year or two they will degrade and that can cause problems.

not to say that this is the case, i would suggest contacting the company and express your concern they have representatives just for this sort of thing, i know my area in perticular has a rep that you can call 7 days a week about fox farm problems so i imagine this company will have something of the same. here is the contact info i could find.

Hope this helps

Bio Nova | Premium Fertilizers - Contact

Hi Green, After years of suffering with back pain a friend gave me some medicine to try. I was skeptical because I remember back in my hippy days the weed did nothing for pain, but then again we always smoked leaf. I was totally shocked and thought that I had smoked opium as my pain went away. I am now a believer in medical marijuana.

Now for my questions. I am a no frills person and refuse to waste electricity on a grow room. So I bought female Afghan Kush clones that had been grown hydroponically. I did a half assed job of hardening them and didn't get them outside till June 1st.

I haven't really taken any special care like all of you experts have, their weeds. lol My concern is that I think that many buds are not getting enough sun because of the foliage and want to know if it is ok to remove those that are shading the buds?

Also because of the fence the plants are shaded at around 4:30 in the afternoon and think that it may reduce the harvest time by a couple of weeks. I sure hope you can help me like you have the others. Thank you.

I'm posting pic's I hope, I'm giving it a try.

container1.jpg

cPlant1.jpg

aPlant-1.jpg

Hi Green, After years of suffering with back pain a friend gave me some medicine to try. I was skeptical because I remember back in my hippy days the weed did nothing for pain, but then again we always smoked leaf. I was totally shocked and thought that I had smoked opium as my pain went away. I am now a believer in medical marijuana.

Now for my questions. I am a no frills person and refuse to waste electricity on a grow room. So I bought female Afghan Kush clones that had been grown hydroponically. I did a half assed job of hardening them and didn't get them outside till June 1st.

I haven't really taken any special care like all of you experts have, their weeds. lol My concern is that I think that many buds are not getting enough sun because of the foliage and want to know if it is ok to remove those that are shading the buds?

Also because of the fence the plants are shaded at around 4:30 in the afternoon and think that it may reduce the harvest time by a couple of weeks. I sure hope you can help me like you have the others. Thank you.

I'm posting pic's I hope, I'm giving it a try.

container1.jpg

cPlant1.jpg

aPlant-1.jpg

i see the pictures there buddy, and to be honest i would leave the leafs on there it looks like it is doing great and no sense shocking the plant, a few shade leaves taken off to reveal a nug here or there is not a problem but dont take off a lot if you decide to take some off :D

i am a first time grower and i am wondering if i can harvest-- only 20%-30% of my pistels are brown. but buds looking nice.. (id like a cerebral high)
pics:

i have read a lot on the subject but cant come to a conclusion.. thanks for all help, j.

(sorry forpoor quality pics.. please try to zoom..)
1726949865_09192011_1.jpg

1173915691_09192011_1.jpg

No sir that is not ready, looking good but not ready,

the hairs are more of an indicator of how much the bud will grow, in order to understand the ripeness of the plant you will need to look at the trichomes once you start to see the trichomes turning amber. clear trichs mean that its still pumping out thc, cloudy means it is starting to slow down, and amber means its at the peak of ripeness and is starting to degrade :D

To be honest you sound lightyears ahead of me on hydro knowledge, but one thing that is always to remember, nutes do have a shelf life after a year or two they will degrade and that can cause problems.

not to say that this is the case, i would suggest contacting the company and express your concern they have representatives just for this sort of thing, i know my area in perticular has a rep that you can call 7 days a week about fox farm problems so i imagine this company will have something of the same. here is the contact info i could find.

Hope this helps

Bio Nova | Premium Fertilizers - Contact

Listen buddy, all info helpful. I appreciate u taking time to find info and also appreciate honesty too.

Thanks

I have a inquiry for you Green! Actually more of a request. Could you possibly post some pics of a few different strains of seedlings at around 2 weeks old? I'd like to get a gauge on whether mine are behind schedule. I've seen pics of 2 week olds with a lot more foliage than mine have. I started from seed, began germination on 9/6 at around 11:00 P.M. I know they are getting plenty of light and proper temp but I think my humidity may be a tad low at around 53-55%.

They were sowed in a somewhat small container so maybe they were potbound, I transplanted about 2 days ago anyway. I didn't know if it was too early for nutes so I only gave a few of them a very low dose (1 tsp/gal) of Big Bloom as a test. No noticeable difference between them and the others.

to show you two week old seedlings i will have to start some, i would say if they are not stretching like hell then things are going right, each plant matures a little differn't so one batch of seedlings will be differn't from another usually, i have a batch right now that are going SUPER slow because they are in such small pots, i just transplanted them and they are looking good again:D

but yeah i will sowe some seeds after i get home from work buddy :D

Thanks man. I was wondering if the ways I germinated might have something to do with overall growth of the seedling in early stages but they are all about the same with just a few ahead and a few behind of the average.

I had wanted to experiment and see what was fastest and what was the most efficient way of germination. I started with 4 strains (G13, OG Kush, Sour D and AK47). I took a few of each and tried them different ways. A few got floated in a coffee cup for about a day, then poked to make them sink for another day until the taproot crept out, then sowed in soil. A few of each were wrapped in a paper towel and kept damp. A few were wrapped in a paper towel and kept submerged in water. A few of each I sowed directly into soil and kept damp.

The damp paper towel method was the fastest by ~ 18-24 hours on average but only about 85-90% success rate.

Floated ones were a 100% germination/sprout rate.

Sunken ones in paper towels and the ones sowed in soil both were slowest to germ and with only about 90% success rate.

A good start at finding out what works best but I will have to repeat this experiment a few times to rule out possibilities like bad seeds ect.

personally im a paper towel guy, what i do is float the seeds untill they sink, once they have all sunk i put them in a damp paper towel in a bag in a semi warm area, and i have GREAT success by doing this.

Back
Top Bottom