The Green Help-Me Hotline

re: The Green Help-Me Hotline

ive been away for a while, personal issues ill give advice when i can. sorry to all who have missed me and if youll ask your questions again ill do my best to answer as often as possible

hey i got a question bout my lil plant
swagggggggggggggggg.JPG

i accidently let if get 22 hours of sunlight when i meant to give it 18 hours sunlight and 6 hours of dark and would it hurt the plant alot to switch to the 18/6?

hey i got a question bout my lil plant
swagggggggggggggggg.JPG

i accidently let if get 22 hours of sunlight when i meant to give it 18 hours sunlight and 6 hours of dark and would it hurt the plant alot to switch to the 18/6?

This should be no problem at all man, a plant can have 24/0 18/6 and even lower for some strains, since the plant is so small going to the shorter light cycle SHOULD NOT make it start flowering, If it were older and had quick flowering or auto tendancies then it might cause it to want to flower. but you will be great :D

Hi Mr NWGreen, What an amazing thread idea, Your a good guy helping everyone with their plant problems/diagnostics lol

Have a gander at my journal and see what you think to my issue? plus you can see my pretty girlys, they like people having a lookie :)

howdy

this is my first grow,now on my second..
any idea why my buds ended up light and fluffy?
I know for sure I harvested to soon,after 56 days,i was panicing so i pulled them before i saw any amber in the try cones...white widow feminized,,

the smoke was decent,not hi end as i thought it shold be.

this is another hermie ??..I started with femail white widow seed from A.dam seed comp.and a couple of buds only turned hermie..i saved the seed and grew to real nice plants.only bout 4 weeks old or so,cannot tell yet if they will remain or end up female?any idea?

any idea's here would be great...

thanx

Hi Mr NWGreen, you helped me last year and my crop was fantastic. I had a power outage last week. I had been reducing the hours of full light so I could move the plants outside to finish off the growing season. Not only were they thrown into 10 hours of darkness the temperature dropped into the 30's. They look great and after the power outage I have left them outside. What effects can I expect from them being forced into darkness too fast.

THX, Lynne

howdy

this is my first grow,now on my second..
any idea why my buds ended up light and fluffy?
I know for sure I harvested to soon,after 56 days,i was panicing so i pulled them before i saw any amber in the try cones...white widow feminized,,

the smoke was decent,not hi end as i thought it shold be.

this is another hermie ??..I started with femail white widow seed from A.dam seed comp.and a couple of buds only turned hermie..i saved the seed and grew to real nice plants.only bout 4 weeks old or so,cannot tell yet if they will remain or end up female?any idea?

any idea's here would be great...

thanx

not knowing your grow setup or how the plants were grown i cant really tell you why they are light and fluffy, but I can tell you some of the reason why buds might turn out fluffy.

Usually when buds turn out spaced out or fluffy it is due to high ammounts of nitrogen towards the second half of flowering, rations of N uptake go down and P and K raise during flower, the look that happens if this is the case will be very "LEAFY" looking buds.

Excess heat can cause "BOLTING" which is when you see the stem stretch out abnormally usally on the top of buds.

humidity problems can cause some fluffiness.

and when your talking about your end quality, growing your plant is no where near the end of the road, probably THE most crucial and the most OVERLOOKED process of cultivating great marijuana is the Curing process. and storing of your cured herbs. I personally do not give a lot of direction on curing because of the volatile nature of it and i dont wanna ruin anyones stash if i cant explain something well enough.

and when it comes to those seeds, light leaks can cause hermi's, be very carefull not to interupt the night cycle of your plants, or to have ANY light at alll showing on your plants at their night cycles (I.E. power stripes, cracked doors, windows and more)

the seeds that develoup from hermi pollenation are hermi prone themselves too (likely to create more seeds) and they should be female but propbly wont be sensi :D

Hi Mr NWGreen, you helped me last year and my crop was fantastic. I had a power outage last week. I had been reducing the hours of full light so I could move the plants outside to finish off the growing season. Not only were they thrown into 10 hours of darkness the temperature dropped into the 30's. They look great and after the power outage I have left them outside. What effects can I expect from them being forced into darkness too fast.

THX, Lynne

Glad to hear things turned out well :thumb: i just love hearing about a happy ending :circle-of-love:

the cold / light switch should only at the most make them flower for a week or two then they will start reverting back to vegging once they get use to their new light schedule. indoors a problem like this often times wont do anything TOO noticable, but throwing them outside after this youll see a bit more of an effect, but if their ready to be outside their ready to be outside :D

THX N.W.Green, I was already putting them outside during the day and they got hardened up real good. We had some high winds and they made it through them just fine. I am just worried since they had only gotten use to about 4 hours of darkness.

So you make it sound like they will be ok. Do I need to do anything special if they start flowering or just let them be so they will revert back on their own?

Lynne

pretty much just let them be, mother nature knows what they need in this case :D

Hey NW--

I don't really have an issue more of a question about mother plants. I have a lemon skunk and a big bang that I intend on making mothers. I have tried to search for info here but I really haven't found much...What I need to know is:

How do I maintain them? Do I go with the feeding schedule of a plant in veg since they're staying in veg? Or should I increase and by how much? I am using BPN 2 Part, I would like to stick with it. But is there anything out there especially made for mothers?

I have one plant in a 3 gallon pot and another in a 1 gallon pot, looking to switch her to a 3 gallon once one of my plants finishes flowering. Should I be doing lst on them? And I am completely lost when I see people mentioning bonsai on the mothers, what does this mean? Any additional information you can give would be great as well.

To be honest im terrible with mothers, they best way that i have found is to use slow release nutes burried in the bottom of pots, keeping a constant nute schedule will help just be sure to flush frequently so you dont have any salt build up, nothing kills a plant like salt build up.

Pruning of roots and adding more fresh soil is another good way to maintain a larger plant in a smaller pot.

topping a plant many times gives it a nice bonsai look and its common for mothers to have this happen to them because they give us our clones. this is where you hear about bonsais from

To be honest im terrible with mothers, they best way that i have found is to use slow release nutes burried in the bottom of pots, keeping a constant nute schedule will help just be sure to flush frequently so you dont have any salt build up, nothing kills a plant like salt build up.

Pruning of roots and adding more fresh soil is another good way to maintain a larger plant in a smaller pot.

topping a plant many times gives it a nice bonsai look and its common for mothers to have this happen to them because they give us our clones. this is where you hear about bonsais from

It figures the one question I would have, you would be terrible at..lol...but that is just my luck too. But I thought keeping a larger plant in a small pot would cause root bound? And how often should I flush? I did give them a flush about 2 weeks ago. And I just love to top, I do that better than FIMing.

i would say every 2-3 weeks should be sufficient

Dearest N.W. Green. I am a dumb new grower. I did a post but got no replies so i would like to ask for your opinion. I am rooting 3 WW clones that I plan to plant outdoors. They have a good chance of being pollinated by the local Ditch Weed. In your Honorable opinion would you think the quality will be reduced by this and will the seeds be any good? I'm worried about this and may change plan depending on what you think.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom