The Green Help-Me Hotline

re: The Green Help-Me Hotline

Pleasecan u help I'm in wilma 9 pots ,going into week 3 flower. Today I went check babies cause I thought they were a bit big and not showing flowers yet when I found the timers were broke thus giving them 24/7 for god only knows how long , they have had voodoo juice ,bud candy and big bud in as well as sensi bloom
What do I do now ,do I just put them back on 12/12 and cross my fingers or what?
Any help would b a god send thanks

Pleasecan u help I'm in wilma 9 pots ,going into week 3 flower. Today I went check babies cause I thought they were a bit big and not showing flowers yet when I found the timers were broke thus giving them 24/7 for god only knows how long , they have had voodoo juice ,bud candy and big bud in as well as sensi bloom
What do I do now ,do I just put them back on 12/12 and cross my fingers or what?
Any help would b a god send thanks

dont fret, i have had the same thing happen, just put them on 10 hrs light,13 hours dark, and lower feed by 25% for a week, and they will be fine, at most it will set back your harvest date,and a slim chance of having a hermie, how long ago did you switch to 12/12 flower? then to now, that would be the longest you could be setback
hope this helps:high-five:

I'm a newbie and saw that you like to offer help. I would really appreciate any input! I'm in the planning stages and my goal is maximum yields for the limited space. I have purchased the supercloset trinity 2.0 along with 10 shiva skunk fem and 6 kosher kush fem beans. I'm going to start out with shiva as i've read its a big yielder and easy for newbies.......Heres the specifics to get to my main question....

-dimensions of the flower chamber is 72"h x 36"w x 24"d
-medium will be the superponics system that can grow up to 16 plants operating in a reservoir that can hold up to 15 gallons of nutrient based water
-lighting for flower will be a DIMMABLE 300w/450w/600w FullSpectrum HPS SuperCool Lumatek Lighting System on Adjustable Yo-Yo's.

Given the limited space of the flowering chamber, what is the optimal number of plants to grow to get the largest total yield? Should I utilize each netpot and go with a jam packed closet of 16 plants (through cloning off the 10 seeds i start with) going for shear quantity or should i go with say 12 or 8 or 4 allowing more room and therefore larger plants? Any advise on determining the optimal number of ladies to maximize total chamber yield would be greatly appreciated from an experienced grower!

Depending on your laws if it matters, do 6 bigger ones and don't fret... or if you are in a place allowing more, Humboldt... I would say do a scrog of like 500 packed in there in 12oz soda cans.

For you more might be better, especially with your starting conditional phrase "largest yield." Just keep in mind that more equals more problems too.

My question focuses on node distance on the stem. What causes incredible short inter internodal distances. This is effecting all the strains in the box. For example the og is only 6 inches tall but has 27 nodes along the center stem, bushy isn't even a fair representation.
Typically this is something that is first decided by genetics as to node spacing, although this can be manipulated.

if anything it means that they are getting good light...if they were stretching it would most likely mean they need more light, or its a sativa dominate strain. are they indica's?? This is one way of manipulating node spacing...the type of lighting and how close it is to the plant helps dictate stretching especially during the veg cycle. Sativa dominate strains most likely due to the Sativa gentics will have greater spacing distance between nodes.

shorter nodes are a good thing my friend. you want as little stretch as possible. flower them up and then they will stretch and hopefully give you uber amounts of some dank bud!!!
Yup, first couple-few weeks of flowering your girl will stretch regardless if left alone under cfl's and hps bulbs alike:) Longer flowering strain (11-14+week Sativas) will stretch for awhile longer. With great light penetration (+other good environment conditions) you will get that uber amounts of dank buds:):cheer:

Thanks albert dutra. Appreciate the insight. .

It's most likely the 6500k spectrum combined with the 24/0...

What I gleaned s that a few things are happening at once. First the nutes are uploading at near perfect rates, combine that with the revert 24/0 light cycle and the plants natural dormancy every 26-29 hours is only for maybe 15 minutes. The plant has a natural "sleep" stage but only after it fatigues in the bright sun.. By fatigue I mean the chemical photosynsethis actually wains off after going non stop for a while.

Usually on cycle of dark periods allows the waxing and waning to correspond to the time the plant does not have active light for photosynesis. Then the plant builds stems and roots better in the dark than in the light. This tells me to give my girl as much dark/light to keep her from flowering until I ready, which will give me good veg growth complementing strong good healthy roots. Which grows better with more than 0hrs of dark. IMO :) I'll find the link and post but in the meantime google the glass lantern routine. Worth reading:circle-of-love:

What I am seeing as node on node on node is simply the plants resting in the light for a very short time period when the chemical photosnysesis gets maxed then immediately start again once the chemical hormones drop.

One good reason to say that 22/2 might benefit the plant and grower if node spacing is important to the grower.
Yes, this is better than 24/0. As you stated its up to the grower.

Guys I just wanted to try out multiple replying and add a lil input to the node spacing conversation. :thanks: Oh yeah check out Twelve12's journal he showes the GLR within it along with previous results of vegging with more light. Awesome grows as well!

got any idea what this is?
005684.jpg

problem has progressed and is only between veins. just on older fan leaves ph is at 7 and temps are at 70 and rh is at 30-35. using fox farm trio on a feed water water feed cycle. thanks 4 any input!

So I am doing my first grow ever. I will have 4 plants, and my closet grow space is 4 ft x 8 ft and goes back about 2 feet. I know the standard is 100w per plant but I'm worried that my space might overheat with that much power. Also would fluorescent bulbs work for the entire grow? Supplies are kind of limited and thats all I can find.
Would Miracle gro organic choice work? I got the brown-ish looking bag with sphagnum peat moss and composted bark. I also picked up some MG perlite. I'm not sure, the bag didnt say anything about time released nutes like all the others. If it wont work, the only possible place I have to go to is a hydroponics store down the street from me but I'm not sure of all that they sell there. but if I could please get a list of recommendations of soils if the MG wont work.

Last question, I know these have been stated before but usually each person has a different answer, what are the definite recommended set of temperatures, humiditys of the room and pH levels for soil run off? Not growing a specific strain just practicing with bag seed

I need bigger buds.

I am running 1000w mh for veg and 600w hps for bloom.

I use co2 in the bloom room. I have quite a lot of nutes (which I thought would be more than enough)

The problem I'm having is my buds aren't big. They taste good smoke good have great crystal production theres just not massive.

How do u get MASSIVE buds

I need bigger buds.

I am running 1000w mh for veg and 600w hps for bloom.

I use co2 in the bloom room. I have quite a lot of nutes (which I thought would be more than enough)

The problem I'm having is my buds aren't big. They taste good smoke good have great crystal production theres just not massive.

How do u get MASSIVE buds

1st genetics are key cant have huge buds if its not in the dna of the plant, 2nd are you letting them flower long enough they can put on as much as 50% of their weight in the last 2 weeks , if you can use both of those lights in flower it would help, i reccomend blue planet nutes best i have ever seen,one of the growers did a comparison grow and got like 10 more grams per plant, hope this helps:high-five:

Actually sorry I have 2 600 hps and a mh in the bloom room. It's not from the grow time. I check the trics to make sure its time.

I use humbolt line mostly.

I'm running a 2x2x5 space ventlation, inlinefan to filter.. 100watt diamondseries led lights.. ------------- system from stealth hydro.. but question is I germinated in rock wool I'm on about day 6 I have my sprouts come out about two days ago and I was gonna as on one of my three that sproued is curling down and the small tip leaves are brownish.. my other two plants are fine very green,:)but is this a serious problem or is it just over/under watering?

so quiick question ive got a small fungus growing from my potting mix, will this effect my plants if i remove them before they get to big or are the spores going to ruin my seedlings?

hey green was wondering what your take on this is. auto flowering hybrid "annapurna" in 2nd week of flower. She is sitting under led lighting 240 watts, and has a supplemental 200 watt cfl on the side. She is sitting in fox farm guano and earthworm castings. I haven't given her any nutes for 2 weeks. she was burned so i flushed her and have only been giving her distilled water. i should be receiving my organic B.P.N. nutes today.

My question is what do you think she is asking for most. Or is this light bleaching?

IMG_014717.JPG

IMG_014817.JPG

That's the beginning stage of N def. Go with micro nute with high N. GH Micro is the cure for that problem...

Got an issue, I think

First time grow, bag seed using GH floramirco and floragro 2ml per gal. lighting is a 6 lamp t5 badboy setup on 18/6 . two of my seedlings looking a little wonky and wanted to get a profesional opinion.

upload420_002.jpg

upload420_001.jpg

Any info would be greatly appreciated , thanks in advance

hey chode tmk its just over watering i have the same problem myself under 5000k cfls with sum og seeds but just let em go without water a few days theyll start lookn pale n yellow but they'll pik bak up

hello first off I would like to say thank you so much for all the fantastic insight your offering to the community. Im sure this wont be the last question I will have to ask you. so I am doing an outdoor guerilla grow this year and im getting ready to prep my plot after probably hundreds (not even exagerating) hours of research. I have a good connection with a local farmer that processes peppermint and have the ability to get as much of the left over compost as I can use for free. Ive used it in my tomato garden with phenomenal results. I laid approximatley 6 inches on the top of the soil and then rototilled it in about 4 times. It produced a dark soil that did not pack together super tight, yet had fantastic moisture retention. this is why i believe this may be a good choice for a soil amendment. not to mention it has a nice minty fragrance. (that with any luck may help flavor the buds slightly :) I do like menthol lol)

heres a link to a website on the compost with npk information
Mint Compost - Home
note: this is not the same place I would get my compost from. so the nutritional contents may very slightly. but it is certified organic.

so after all that, heres my actual question lol. how much would be safe to add? would a 50/50 mix be too strong? the compost has sat since august. my grow spot is near a small creek. the soil doesnt feel too bad. but has a fair ammount of river sand. it still holds a ball when you squeeze it together though. I will be growing big bud x white widow, original big bud, a few auto #1.

a huge thank you goes to whomever cares to help me with this. :adore:

Back
Top Bottom