The Green Help-Me Hotline

re: The Green Help-Me Hotline

Another Q for you, Green.

Is it possible to give a plant TOO much light? I'm thinking about adding a few more CFLs in my veg room so they wouldn't be burning the plants from heat or anything. I'm worried that maybe too many photons in the "lights on" period of my 18/6 might have negative effects rather than positive.

Is that possible? If so, can you explain or maybe shoot me a link to some information on the subject?

Another Q for you, Green.

Is it possible to give a plant TOO much light? I'm thinking about adding a few more CFLs in my veg room so they wouldn't be burning the plants from heat or anything. I'm worried that maybe too many photons in the "lights on" period of my 18/6 might have negative effects rather than positive.

Is that possible? If so, can you explain or maybe shoot me a link to some information on the subject?
there is "light burn" but I think your only problem would be heat

CFL's are an awesome way to add light in needed spots, as long as your temps are not too high like 303 said just make sure your canopy doesnt get cooked :D

Hi Green, I posted this question in another section but the last post was in 2005. My AK Indica is being grown outside and I need to know about watering before harvest. From reading in 420 there seems to be a difference between outdoor and indoor watering protocol before harvest.

thx

Personally i would let the plant dry out a little bit.

Hey I have a question bro?

I have 2 Polar light#2 Autoflowering Feminized plants and they have already started flowering. And I have switched the feeding ferts to bloom A & B.. Is that a good idea or shud I have waited....

I'm new to cultivating and need some instructions on how I can take care of them..

I have a total of 8 plants..

4 JACKBERRY F3s..

1 AMNESIA HAZE x G13 HAZE..

1 MYSTERY SEED.. BUT IT'S OUTTA BAG OF SOME FIRE I HAD A WHILE BACK AND IT HAS REALLY GROWN IN 4 months..

1 more quick question..

About cloning:

1) When u cut off a clone at the appropriate point.. Will it grow back or not..
2) how often do I spray them..
3) And does the soil it's in need to be constantly wet.. Or do I let it dry out first before I water it again..

I have all sorts of cloning magic solutions but everything I use I'm not having any success..

It's humid in there all day.. (under the dome):thanks:

Mr. Green,

I need help. I'm a first time grower, and was really excited about how the first set of buds was growing. i am getting into the 6th week, ready to put them under a 1000 bulb, 12 on, 12 off, and the leaves have started yellowing around the edges... and it seems that some of the smaller leaves are now lightening. i'm kind of freaking out. the soil PH has always been a little high... around 7.2.... and i have been putting in water around 6.0-6.3 to try and bring the Ph down..... Is it possible i am over watering? is it the soil? the water? Any help is appreciated.

Mr. Green,

I need help. I'm a first time grower, and was really excited about how the first set of buds was growing. i am getting into the 6th week, ready to put them under a 1000 bulb, 12 on, 12 off, and the leaves have started yellowing around the edges... and it seems that some of the smaller leaves are now lightening. i'm kind of freaking out. the soil PH has always been a little high... around 7.2.... and i have been putting in water around 6.0-6.3 to try and bring the Ph down..... Is it possible i am over watering? is it the soil? the water? Any help is appreciated.

Hi Bearlylifted, check out the link:How Can I Raise or Lower the pH of my Soil Mix?.

This will help...Goodluck. In the future for your soil check out foxfarms they have an awesome line of soil that ph's most peoples tap water to appropriate levels. Has all the good stuff already in it. Alot of growers here will atest to foxfarms. :thumb:

Hey all. :) Anyone have thoughts about harvesting the tops off of a plant, and leaving the bottoms to age a little more? I see that the trichomes at the tops look ready, but the buds to the bottom of the plants seem a little behind? :)
Yes this practice is used often

Question, what's going on with this plant, the large fan leaves are turning yellow, the buds look great, I've read so much, my head is spinning!!!

Is this normal???

Confused????

Yellow leaves

DSC_9089_510x768.JPG

DSC_9088_510x768.JPG

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500
/DSC_9085_510x768.JPG

Buds

DSC_8938_1024x680.JPG

Thought I over feed her, so I flushed, then only water, she is 7 weeks in flowering..

That's normal, just using up reserves of nutes to finish the flower. Let the leaves yellow and then remove them. Almost done. Buds look good, nice and frosty.

My question focuses on node distance on the stem. What causes incredible short inter internodal distances. This is effecting all the strains in the box. For example the og is only 6 inches tall but has 27 nodes along the center stem, bushy isn't even a fair representation.

My question focuses on node distance on the stem. What causes incredible short inter internodal distances. This is effecting all the strains in the box. For example the og is only 6 inches tall but has 27 nodes along the center stem, bushy isn't even a fair representation.

if anything it means that they are getting good light...if they were stretching it would most likely mean they need more light, or its a sativa dominate strain. are they indica's??

shorter nodes are a good thing my friend. you want as little stretch as possible. flower them up and then they will stretch and hopefully give you uber amounts of some dank bud!!!

If your growing with 24hr light you should add a a few hours of darkness

Thanks albert dutra. Appreciate the insight. .

It's most likely the 6500k spectrum combined with the 24/0...

What I gleaned s that a few things are happening at once. First the nutes are uploading at near perfect rates, combine that with the revert 24/0 light cycle and the plants natural dormancy every 26-29 hours is only for maybe 15 minutes. The plant has a natural "sleep" stage but only after it fatigues in the bright sun.. By fatigue I mean the chemical photosynsethis actually wains off after going non stop for a while.

Usually on cycle of dark periods allows the waxing and waning to correspond to the time the plant does not have active light for photosynesis. Then the plant builds stems and roots better in the dark than in the light.

What I am seeing as node on node on node is simply the plants resting in the light for a very short time period when the chemical photosnysesis gets maxed then immediately start again once the chemical hormones drop.

One good reason to say that 22/2 might benefit the plant and grower if node spacing is important to the grower.

I'm a newbie and saw that you like to offer help. I would really appreciate any input! I'm in the planning stages and my goal is maximum yields for the limited space. I have purchased the supercloset trinity 2.0 along with 10 shiva skunk fem and 6 kosher kush fem beans. I'm going to start out with shiva as i've read its a big yielder and easy for newbies.......Heres the specifics to get to my main question....

-dimensions of the flower chamber is 72"h x 36"w x 24"d
-medium will be the superponics system that can grow up to 16 plants operating in a reservoir that can hold up to 15 gallons of nutrient based water
-lighting for flower will be a DIMMABLE 300w/450w/600w FullSpectrum HPS SuperCool Lumatek Lighting System on Adjustable Yo-Yo's.

Given the limited space of the flowering chamber, what is the optimal number of plants to grow to get the largest total yield? Should I utilize each netpot and go with a jam packed closet of 16 plants (through cloning off the 10 seeds i start with) going for shear quantity or should i go with say 12 or 8 or 4 allowing more room and therefore larger plants? Any advise on determining the optimal number of ladies to maximize total chamber yield would be greatly appreciated from an experienced grower!

Back
Top Bottom