The Roach & The 20 Big Bud: 800W COB CREE Grow Journal

TheRoach

Hello guys, I have this grow going on right now.

What strain is it?
Big Bud by Nirvana seeds

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Mostly Indica.

If in Flower stage... For how long?
19 days in flowering.

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor

Soil or Hydro?
Soil

If soil... what is in your mix?
Commercial mix, peat moss based with guano, worm castings, perlite.

If soil... What size pot?
25 liters of soil in 28 liters pots.

Size of light?
Size as in watts and specs? COB CREE CXB3590, two 400w light fixtures 800w total.

Is it aircooled?
No

Temp of Room/cab?
16-26 C

RH of Room/cab?
50%-65%

PH of media or res?
6.0-6.2

Any Pests ?
None

How often are you watering?
Every 4 to 5 days.

Type and strength of ferts used?
Plagron: Terra Grow, Terra Bloom, Power Roots, Pure Zym, Sugar Royal, Green Sensation, CalMag.

I started the seeds in peat moss, using a germination tray.
IMG_20190118_111524.jpg
IMG_20190118_111457.jpg
IMG_20190118_111435.jpg
IMG_20190118_111753.jpg

20 out of 20 seeds made it.
IMG_20190118_112041.jpg
IMG_20190118_112105.jpg

More clones. I applied bat guano, terra grow, terra bloom and green sensation to the plants in flowering.
IMG_20190120_142837.jpg

Awesome set up, I'm in for the rest of the ride. I like how the cob setups give off a nice amount of light, I haven't tried them myself. Did you build them ones yourself? And how are you going about watering in there? Starting to get pretty crowded lol, love it!

Awesome set up, I'm in for the rest of the ride. I like how the cob setups give off a nice amount of light, I haven't tried them myself. Did you build them ones yourself? And how are you going about watering in there? Starting to get pretty crowded lol, love it!
Thank you, they do give a lot of light (65% efficiency I think)
I did build them using a tutorial from the internet, took me about a day or two to get them up and running. The lower part of the plants isn't as crowded so I can get my hand in and water them!
The COBs were a huge improvement over the 600w HPS I used before.

That's great, I like the diy side of things, was just never sure about the cobs. Then again I wasn't sure about LED in general til I bought a decent one. Good to hear it's an improvement. Prices have come down on a lot of LEDs so it helps there as well.

That's great, I like the diy side of things, was just never sure about the cobs. Then again I wasn't sure about LED in general til I bought a decent one. Good to hear it's an improvement. Prices have come down on a lot of LEDs so it helps there as well.
Im averaging 400-500 grams per 400w lamp. I love these COBs.

I'm in! I see that for the clones your using a mist system, is that what they call aeroponics? Also when the roots start growing then what you just pack em into a soil pot? The roots don't get all gimped out?
Thank you for tagging along Scrognub!
It is an ultrasonic nebulizer, like the ones used in fog fountains, so I think it is fogponics? Haha.
I put them on soil as soon as they have a root system and they seem to like it, because they start growing almost rigt away! That being said, Im also careful with the roots when transplanting

Back
Top Bottom