There's a rooster in the hen house! Do I still have time to experiment with seedless bud?

Herby Paisley

Hey Folks.... Been flowering for 2weeks.... Do I still have time to move him away from my ladies and then only seed certain bottom parts of the girls and leave the top area alone for seedless buds and colas to smoke or am i too late? I haven't seen any burst-ed pollen sacks yet?... Or do I just let it all go to seed and still smoke it? lol :)
2019-09-16 10.54.31.jpg

You'll notice when they start bursting. You're good to move him if ya want. Just be careful you dont accidentally pop any when you pull him out. I save the pollen and use a paintbrush to apply to the buds I want. You normally want to apply weeks 5-6 to allow enough time for the seeds to develop.

Thanks... TysonOG ... Oh good, I figured I still had time, I would like to do a partial seeding and smoke-able bud this grow since I put the time into growing the male, might as well put him to use and build a seed bank up for future grows. lol :)

I also have done some research on seeded weed and potency and apparently seeds have lil to no effect in potency of the bud when smoked as long as the plant had a long enough time to bloom before being pollinated?.. Seems seeded weed and being associated with low potency was more of a marketing ploy to grow the newer Sensimilla seed industry back in the early 70's...
1568659142795.gif

No, sensimilla is better. Seeded weed is still good dont get me wrong, but a substantial portion of energy goes into creating seeds. That energy is taken away from producing trichomes. A seeded calyx will stop producing new trichomes and hairs, and already existing ones may die off. Heavily pollinate one branch. Test that smoke against an unseeded branch and I'm sure you'll notice a difference. It may not be huge but if you're a regular smoker, you'll notice. When breaking down buds I have intentionally seeded, I use my hands, not the grinder. You will save some seeds from accidentally getting chopped, but there are also a handful of underdeveloped seeds that you dont want in your smoke. They can be harder to detect that's why I always comb through my seeded bud before smoking.

...So you and I pretty much have the same view on seeded buds, they are still pretty potent, but not as potent as non- seeded buds. Hate to use a scale in terms, but I think seeded bud potency on 0 to 5 scale .. 0 being total crap and 5 being ultimate potency... I think seeded bud would fall in around 3 for potency with some strains maybe higher with others...

Thanks for the advice on using my hands to break apart buds for seeds instead of grinding and finding seeds miss some and pop pop pop lol! :)

Back
Top Bottom